Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,053 members, 7,810,937 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

“Stop Looking For A Job, Search For Your Talent” - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / “Stop Looking For A Job, Search For Your Talent” (856 Views)

ICS Talent Bank: Biggest Job Fair In West Africa / Stop Looking For A Job: A-z Free Tutorial: How You Can Make Money Working Online / NLNG Job Search (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

“Stop Looking For A Job, Search For Your Talent” by Iwuugwu: 3:10pm On Jul 24, 2013
The rate of youth unemployment is at an increase, the nature of these youth comprise of youth having 1 year to 9 years postgraduate unemployment experience. 4 – 9 years is enough to forget all that was learned in the university. It should be noted that the government is contributing little or no assistant to curb the situation. Having been clear on the greater challenges involved in getting a job, satisfying or unsatisfying it is wise to have a new stand on this issue. Talents are one’s capability, and it is natural. Many times most people neglect these God given talent in the hope of pursuing a white collar job upon graduation. Since the jobs are not forth coming, it will be wise to purse instead your God given talents in place of a job. God gave every individual a talent and it is by his grace and dedication that this talent be exposed. It will be a great honour to the person who discovers his talent because it guarantees a huge level of financial freedom. By this single act, the level of unemployment will drastically reduced and level of development will in the other hand drastically increase.
This search for talent is independent of the government and people, although the development of the talent is dependent on people and government. It should be noted that 60% of the task is on discovering the talent and 40% of the success is dependent on government and people. It is very clear that government is out of the picture because they are self centred (Not the government for the people but for their families). The extent of people’s money has not really been explored in Nigeria. However it could go beyond the borders of Nigeria. There are as much people’s money in the country as one cannot imagine. The only drive to this fund is the ability to convince the people that your talent is worth profiting from. These funds range from financial institution, big and small companies, wealthy relatives, strangers etc. Most times we underestimate the ability to fund our business from these sources.
Re: “Stop Looking For A Job, Search For Your Talent” by FirstPrinciple(m): 3:55pm On Jul 24, 2013
i get your point my frnd but there was no need expressing it agressively..... i would ve suggested use a more compelling approach in order to help the reader knod his head forward indicating his agreement with you.The con't use of the word FOOLS was a bit unnecessary.
By and large you made a very good point. thank you .

1 Like

Re: “Stop Looking For A Job, Search For Your Talent” by Iwuugwu: 4:02pm On Jul 24, 2013
@ First Principle, Thanks for your comment, but "Fools" in this context does not mean that they are fools, but that is word normally used for such funds. Good that you see my point.
Re: “Stop Looking For A Job, Search For Your Talent” by Obeenah(m): 7:11pm On Jul 24, 2013
Brother good write up as every Tom, Dick and Harriy now seem to know what is the way out of unemployment in Nigeria"Pls pardon my french" just a necessary way to make my point. As it is with the Nigerian situation, we all know what the problem is the big question is what can be done? Its not just enough submitting post asking ppl to go find some hidden talent somewhere, I ask what exactly did you point out as a direct or possible remedy? All I could see is just a one size fits all approach to the unemployment situation. By the way I am curious to know what talent you have and hw you hav been able to get the "fools" around u to pay u for it.

1 Like

Re: “Stop Looking For A Job, Search For Your Talent” by Iwuugwu: 9:39pm On Jul 24, 2013
Obeenah: Brother good write up as every Tom, Dick and Harriy now seem to know what is the way out of unemployment in Nigeria"Pls pardon my french" just a necessary way to make my point. As it is with the Nigerian situation, we all know what the problem is the big question is what can be done? Its not just enough submitting post asking ppl to go find some hidden talent somewhere, I ask what exactly did you point out as a direct or possible remedy? All I could see is just a one size fits all approach to the unemployment situation. By the way I am curious to know what talent you have and hw you hav been able to get the "fools" around u to pay u for it.

Dear Obeenah, it is not a question of what anyone can do to solve the problem of unemployment, rather my advice is every body has a potential yet untapped, and this potential could be something that has been ignored in the past. Rather than keep wasting our time in search of a job, we can as well dig into these potentials. The amount of time put into search of job, if one put less than this time, it might be sufficient to dig out this potential in you.

I understand that for some, the major challenge could be funding, and I am saying that looking within could be that fund you are looking for, while for others, they are yet to discover their talent, it could be acting, singing, writing, painting, football, could be anything. Lets commit the energy we are using to chase job to pursue our dreams and talent. In that way unemployment will reduce.

(1) (Reply)

Househelp Is Needed Urgently In Lekki / Ronish Nigeria Limited / Oil & Gas And Hospitality Jobs In Dubai

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.