Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,955 members, 7,817,803 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:00 PM

One Place Parent Seem To Fail - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / One Place Parent Seem To Fail (1074 Views)

Reasons Why Most Marriages Fail In Nigeria / A Marriage Guaranteed To Fail / Man Power Spray 100% Effective(don't Allow Your Marriage To Fail) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

One Place Parent Seem To Fail by slimaneux(m): 7:25pm On May 26, 2008
My parent like every other parents, i respect them for the wonderful role they played in my life, sending me to school and all that but they, like every other parent failed woefully in one fundamental aspect. and like it or not, when your kid come of age they would blame you for failing in this respect. What am i talking about here? Every child that has come into this world, came with great potential, enormous gift and talent with which life becomes easier, lighter and brighter if explore. Now its your responsibility as parent to help this child achieve his dream. its important to note that parents of gifted children were themselves gifted but for certain reasons they could not accept or understand their gift; if you don't understand yours how do you think you can help this kids what are those things you know you could do, you feel it dip within you that you can do it even better than the person doing it, those things that make you say 'i wish' or 'if i had' sad thats what am talking about. the same thing is burning in the heart of your child now, why not pay attention, ask questions, look for things to help you out and don't compromise when it comes to your kids future.
Re: One Place Parent Seem To Fail by ima1(f): 8:24pm On May 26, 2008
Talking to their kids about sex, my parents never did but it would have been nice if they did.
Re: One Place Parent Seem To Fail by Spermdrops(m): 6:54am On May 28, 2008
slimaneux:

My parent like every other parents, i respect them for the wonderful role they played in my life, sending me to school and all that but they, like every other parent failed woefully in one fundamental aspect. and like it or not, when your kid come of age they would blame you for failing in this respect. What am i talking about here? Every child that has come into this world, came with great potential, enormous gift and talent with which life becomes easier, lighter and brighter if explore. Now its your responsibility as parent to help this child achieve his dream. its important to note that parents of gifted children were themselves gifted but for certain reasons they could not accept or understand their gift; if you don't understand yours how do you think you can help this kids

what are those things you know you could do, you feel it dip within you that you can do it even better than the person doing it, those things that make you say 'i wish' or 'if i had' sad thats what am talking about. the same thing is burning in the heart of your child now, why not pay attention, ask questions, look for things to help you out and don't compromise when it comes to your kids future.

When you live in places like Nigeria, you can't norture talent.  Without simple electricity and plumbing what kind of talent do your expect to develop? undecided Let someone use their "God-given" talent to figure out how to make "pure water" sachets in Nigeria "biodegradeable" for a start. Those dann things defy all means of annihilation. You can't burn them, you can't sink them, you can't bury them, you can't shred them and you sure can't recycle them for they smell like "kerosine" already. Everywhere you go in Nigeria, you find them sticking half way out of the ground. Only the wind and erosion can transport those things from one location to another.

Hmmmm! Talk about talent.

If you want to build on whatever God-given talent you have as children, you will need to move those children to a more suitable environment.  Not one that experiences "E[/b]nviromental [b]G[/b]rowth [b]R[/b]etardation or [b]P[/b]erpetual [b]F[/b]ailure [b]T[/b]o [b]T[/b]hrive"! As you correctly identified, if the parent cannot indentify his or her talent, do not expect him or her to help norture those of the children. What we have is a case of "generational dullards"! The high rate of spiritual and material poverty cannot allow you to norture kids with talent in places like Nigeria. Especially when you have institutions called [b]"Bukiepoly" loocated in remote jungles in Nigeria and such. Enough to kill any talent I say.

The parents are the product of the environment they live in.  So that can only be handed down to the children.  All we have are mudkegs of mediocrity as talents with the propensity to think dubiously and negatively.

"EGR or PFTT"
Re: One Place Parent Seem To Fail by ifyalways(f): 11:28am On May 29, 2008
Spermdrops:

When you live in places like Nigeria, you can't norture talent. Without simple electricity and plumbing what kind of talent do your expect to develop? undecided Let someone use their "God-given" talent to figure out how to make "pure water" sachets in Nigeria "biodegradeable" for a start. Those dann things defy all means of annihilation. You can't burn them, you can't sink them, you can't bury them, you can't shred them and you sure can't recycle them for they smell like "kerosine" already. Everywhere you go in Nigeria, you find them sticking half way out of the ground. Only the wind and erosion can transport those things from one location to another.

Hmmmm! Talk about talent.

If you want to build on whatever God-given talent you have as children, you will need to move those children to a more suitable environment. Not one that experiences "E[/b]nviromental [b]G[/b]rowth [b]R[/b]etardation or [b]P[/b]erpetual [b]F[/b]ailure [b]T[/b]o [b]T[/b]hrive"! As you correctly identified, if the parent cannot indentify his or her talent, do not expect him or her to help norture those of the children. What we have is a case of "generational dullards"! The high rate of spiritual and material poverty cannot allow you to norture kids with talent in places like Nigeria. Especially when you have institutions called [b]"Bukiepoly" loocated in remote jungles in Nigeria and such. Enough to kill any talent I say.

The parents are the product of the environment they live in. So that can only be handed down to the children. All we have are mudkegs of mediocrity as talents with the propensity to think dubiously and negatively.

"EGR or PFTT"
Not totally true tho,some ppl have being able to rise above their enviromental disability and limitations,very few i must add,anyway. embarassed
@Topic,early sex education
saving habits well not totally their fault,the economy has made this almost impossible
Accepting whatever is forced on you,not letting the child reason as an individual.Forcing down opinions/views on the child.
Re: One Place Parent Seem To Fail by Nobody: 4:02pm On May 29, 2008
if you don't understand yours how do you think you can help this kids what are those things you know you could do, you feel it dip within you that you can do it even better than the person doing it, those things that make you say 'i wish' or 'if i had' thats what am talking about. the same thing is burning in the heart of your child now, why not pay attention, ask questions, look for things to help you out and don't compromise when it comes to your kids future.

I feel you. But some parents (especially Nigerian parents) have this twisted idea that everything has to go their way and if it you try to prove otherwise they call you all sort of names. The best advice is not to repeat the same mistakes on your own kids. Let that dogmatic attitude die with their generation!!!!!!!
Re: One Place Parent Seem To Fail by slimaneux(m): 6:39pm On May 30, 2008
The fact remains that if we want this nation to raise above its present status, we all must strive to raise above our present levels of thought. we must stop dropping blames at the door steps of government. take time out, look inside of you, look within you and see how you can make great our nation. i will be the last to lose hope in this nation or its people, we are great cheesy hasn't it occurred to you our kids are great, they are greatly talented, you can't just beat it. please no matter the situation of the country we still can explore the talents of these kids, be positive about it. say to your self It is possible.

(1) (Reply)

Your Man Impregnates Your Sister? / Unhappy Marriage / How Did You React To The News " I'm Pregnant"?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.