Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair (3270 Views)

Ayodele Dada: "How I Graduated With All-Round A's & 5.0 CGPA" / Meet The Unique Identical Twins Who Both Graduated With First Class.. Photos / How To Wake A Dead CGPA In School (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 8:58pm On Jul 25, 2013
Am not happy with whaat my lecturers did who still graduates with 4.49now what is the diference between me and someone that graduated with 3.5?

1 Like

Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 9:00pm On Jul 25, 2013
what really is making you unhappy now?
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 9:06pm On Jul 25, 2013
idnoble135: what really is making you unhappy now?
is stil a 2.1 juz .1 wlda made me a first class student.exactly 2 points is realy unfair
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 9:20pm On Jul 25, 2013
losky4real: is stil a 2.1 juz .1 wlda made me a first class student.exactly 2 points is realy unfair
it happens. Some lecturers and professors do that. But the question is, can anything be done about it?
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
idnoble135:
it happens. Some lecturers and professors do that. But the question is, can anything be done about it?
no but am sayin will I be distinguished from someone with 3.5 cgpa in the market?
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 25, 2013
losky4real: no but am sayin will I be distinguished from someone with 3.5 cgpa in the market?
oh no! With the kind of intelligence you have, you want to be an employee or an employer?
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 9:39pm On Jul 25, 2013
idnoble135:
oh no! With the kind of intelligence you have, you want to be an employee or an employer?
I have to be an emplye first before I become an emplyer like u heaar ppl say u v to be a servant before u become a master.so if I go for interviews no one notices ma cgpa I will b treated like a normal 2.1 student rite and dey wil treat the first cclass students specially? sad
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Hausa(m): 9:53pm On Jul 25, 2013
losky4real: no but am sayin will I be distinguished from someone with 3.5 cgpa in the market?
he he he he....market abi?
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Hausa(m): 9:55pm On Jul 25, 2013
losky4real: I have to be an emplye first before I become an emplyer like u heaar ppl say u v to be a servant before u become a master.so if I go for interviews no one notices ma cgpa I will b treated like a normal 2.1 student rite and dey wil treat the first cclass students specially? sad
common! stop thinking like d@.
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 9:59pm On Jul 25, 2013
Okkk... You cant do anything about it. Why remain sad over what you can not change?
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by prodam(m): 10:16pm On Jul 25, 2013
First of all, understand you are not alone in that shoe or probably they are people in similar shoes.
So just include it in a bracket after your class of degree on your resume. Like CGPA of 4.49 out of 5.
Employers do consider it when necessary. Both home and abroad. Moreover, its highly advantageous in Academia.
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 25, 2013
prodam: First of all, understand you are not alone in that shoe or probably they are people in similar shoes.
So just include it in a bracket after your class of degree on your resume. Like CGPA of 4.49 out of 5.
Employers do consider it when necessary. Both home and abroad. Moreover, its highly advantageous in Academia.
thanks a lot u just gave me hope am really greatful but really hate my department.some departments help when is so close
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 25, 2013
idnoble135: Okkk... You cant do anything about it. Why remain sad over what you can not change?
thanks dear I only have to proove to the world that am greater than d certificate I carry.*m greatful
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Oildichotomy(m): 10:35pm On Jul 25, 2013
Are You sure of that grade?
Perfect your spellings and also try and write in full words not abbreviations.
They're very important in the labour market too

2 Likes

Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 10:44pm On Jul 25, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
...am good in spellings ok??I just prefer abbreviating on social networks.But is all good.Thank you for the correction I was totally oblivious of it.
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by planetuzor(m): 11:08pm On Jul 25, 2013
Oildichotomy^:

What tha heck is wrong wit u. Hw wld u cmpare some1's writeup on a social media wit his intelligence(Grade). U seem2b d unintelligent 1 4 not being able to differentiate btw writing for the purpose of a social networks and formal writing(u think everyone has the time to spell correctly while writing on mobile. Most especially when ya on the move?)... Smh 4 u!!

# If you complain abt her what will u say abt Tonto Dike wicked abbreviations on twitter. grin

##Na_Joke_I_Dey_O grin grin
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by NeuroBoss(m): 11:23pm On Jul 25, 2013
Did u graduated from UNILORIN?
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 2:05am On Jul 26, 2013
planetuzor:

What tha heck is wrong wit u. Hw wld u cmpare some1's writeup on a social media wit his intelligence(Grade). U seem2b d unintelligent 1 4 not being able to differentiate btw writing for the purpose of a social networks and formal writing(u think everyone has the time to spell correctly while writing on mobile. Most especially when ya on the move?)... Smh 4 u!!

# If you complain abt her what will u say abt Tonto Dike wicked abbreviations on twitter. grin

lmaooo thank u jow
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Valentinooo: 5:06am On Jul 26, 2013
How are you sure your lecturers (the sadists among them) are not the one that cut that thing to that point??
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 6:34am On Jul 26, 2013
losky4real: thanks dear I only have to proove to the world that am greater than d certificate I carry.*m greatful
yeah! You are definitely right! You are bigger than your certificate... Dont worry, your potentials will announce you. cool
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 6:36am On Jul 26, 2013
Valentinooo: How are you sure your lecturers (the sadists among them) are not the one that cut that thing to that point??
could be... I know of students who said they heard their lecturers swear, that since they didnt graduate with 1st class, none of their student would graduate with one.
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by readonenaire(m): 6:53am On Jul 26, 2013
NeuroBoss: Did u graduated from UNILORIN?
hehe.... We famous for that cheesy cheesy yeye school BBS
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by NeuroBoss(m): 7:08am On Jul 26, 2013
readonenaire: hehe.... We famous for that cheesy cheesy yeye school BBS
how dare u call my Alma mater yeye?
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Hausa(m): 7:16am On Jul 26, 2013
NeuroBoss: how dare u call my Alma mater yeye?
and w@ exactly will u do about it if he calls it again?
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 26, 2013
idnoble135:
could be... I know of students who said they heard their lecturers swear, that since they didnt graduate with 1st class, none of their student would graduate with one.
you are so right and they staer dashing you C n D to drop you.exactly what they dis to me.and people dt v never seen what the class looks like will get d A
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Adegite5(m): 9:29am On Jul 26, 2013
Its really hard for me to believe dat ur cgpa is 4.49......maybe ur institution does nt av senates cross checking final year students' results, i guess u wuld av been upgraded no matter how devilish they're,...its nt only ur dept.dat shul deliberate on ur results....
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 9:32am On Jul 26, 2013
Adegite5: Its really hard for me to believe dat ur cgpa is 4.49......maybe ur institution does nt av senates cross checking final year students' results, i guess u wuld av been upgraded no matter how devilish they're,...its nt only ur dept.dat shul deliberate on ur results....
I had all A's ds semester so my hod said der was nothing that they could do.thaat they don't upgrade first class in senate only but dpt clda helped me if I didn't v all A's
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 9:35am On Jul 26, 2013
Adegite5: Its really hard for me to believe dat ur cgpa is 4.49......maybe ur institution does nt av senates cross checking final year students' results, i guess u wuld av been upgraded no matter how devilish they're,...its nt only ur dept.dat shul deliberate on ur results....
am stil kipin ma finger's crossed for the second senate deliberation.but I belive if my department apealed to senate, senate wlda helped me but my dpt are saying that is a long process ,that dey cnt touch senate aproved result for past years that if I didn't have all A's wlda bin a different thing.let me see hw it goes.Buh have taken the 4.49 2.1 like dt
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 9:44am On Jul 26, 2013
prodam: First of all, understand you are not alone in that shoe or probably they are people in similar shoes.
I would apply for my transcript
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Oildichotomy(m): 10:28am On Jul 26, 2013
planetuzor:

Your English sef get as e be.! What have you really succeeded in saying?
Nna! read your post again and come out with a point.
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Nobody: 10:44am On Jul 26, 2013
Oildichotomy^:
Your English sef get as e be.! What have you really succeeded in saying?
Nna! read your post again and come out with a point.
pls stp mkin a fuse outa nufin please
Re: I Graduated With A 4.49 Cgpa In Accounting In My School Really Unfair by Coldfaya(m): 10:58am On Jul 26, 2013
I haff a lot to say to u but lemme try n b brief.

See babe, out here, only a few jobs actually differentiate class of degree below 2'2. for those dat do stress d class of degree, u Fortunately fall into 2'1 class. Aside a few scholarships, a 2'1 qualifies u for every job opening; I assure u that every job u apply for, provided u structure ur CV n application correctly, u will b invited. If u pass, ur interview depends solely on ur performance and not ur 1st, 2'1 nor 2'2.
I have heard of interview cases where ppl with 2'2 perform better dan 1st class candidates. Most interviewers don't giv a hutt about ur 4.49; infact a few mean ones might hammer u n make u feel like a loser for not attaining a 1st just to see how u react. Dey focus on wat u haff to offer.
I get ur pain but c'mon don't dwell on it. Ppl wish to come out wit a 2'2 not to talk of a 2'1.
My story don d too long, but to cut d story short, just pray for God's favour n go get Chartered up. U can do it n I guess dat ll make u fulfilled.
Cheers ma'am!

(1) (2) (Reply)

WASSCE Result 2020 Is Out. Most Students Passed / NIGERIA FIRSTS: Meet Nigeria's Youngest Phd Holder,bagging His Phd In Maths / Tuition Fees Delayed In Sweden Till 2011. So Act Fast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.