Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,825 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? (2063 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Guys Like To Gossip? / Why do Nigerian Women Bear Their Father's Name, After Marriage? / Why Do Nigerian Dudes Walk Around Holding Hands? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by dabeau: 5:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
This forum do not propagate or intend to impose any personal opinion. All views will be treated with respect...
Recently, there was a pool result claiming 92% of Nigerian disapprove Homosexuality. So im curious, why do most people think this is wrong and gays should be jailed or even killed? , What personal experience and believe do you base you conclusions on?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by frederal(m): 5:07pm On Jul 26, 2013
I think they should be jailed; its criminality doing something outside d law. Or US should give them free visa to their country and other countries supporting it.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Juell(m): 5:33pm On Jul 26, 2013
Is it normal for a man to be sticking his joystick in another man's shit hole?
Its just too disgusting to imagine.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by IykBaba(m): 5:35pm On Jul 26, 2013
Why haven't u imagined why God destroyed sodom and gomorrah?
Juell: Is it normal for a man to be sticking his joystick in another man's shit hole?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Juell(m): 5:51pm On Jul 26, 2013
Iyk-Baba:

What's ur point?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Nobody: 8:03pm On Jul 26, 2013
We disapprove of it because it is unafrican.. Its not normal. @OP, can another man's appearance excite you? Even animals dont do that!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Nobody: 8:57pm On Jul 26, 2013
Which kain question be dis?
Same reason we hate armed robbery!
Damn, you dey even talk about respecting people's views!
I like the Question wey my guy #Mugabe ask Obama... "Were you born out of homosexuality?"
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Abagworo(m): 9:40pm On Jul 26, 2013
In Nigeria people seem to accept lesbianism more than gay for a reason I've failed to understand. Women kissing or using intimate words is common but men kissing or using intimate words is so extremely forbidden however there are a lot of gays in Nigeria. I've seen some in clubs but no straight guy likes being seen around them and if they mistakenly touched a straight guy,they'd be battered seriously.

My take on the gay issue is that if gay is legalized then drug use should be legalized too. They belong to the same class of miscreants and therefore should be given equal rights. Same as cleptomaniacs who are born with stealing in their gene. They should not be jailed for stealing since its their nature. Same with paedophils as well as other psychological ailments that are natural but against societal norms.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by orgasticdance: 10:44pm On Jul 26, 2013
Homophobia is not unique to Nigerians. Even in the west people hate homosexuals, but the tolerance level is higher than it is in africa. The Nigerian brand of homophobia is peculiar because we're very religous and that informs our perspectives on most things. Unfortunately, the politial class, who should know better, have capitalized on that sentiment and made things worse by passing that anti-gay law. But there's hope. I'm part of that 8% of Nigerians who believe homosexuals have the right to their private matter. It's their business, not mine. Do I find sexual relations between a man and a man deplorable and unnatural? Absolutely, but in so far as they are not in my way with their homosexuality, I will breathe easy.
Open disclosure: I am Nigerian. I have lived here all my life, and I have a friend who is a homosexual.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Nobody: 10:53pm On Jul 26, 2013
I think gay apologists and sympathisers should face the same music as the gay peeps themselves as regards punitive measures prescribed by the law.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by orgasticdance: 11:12pm On Jul 26, 2013
^^I really want to know why you think so?

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by MrsChima(f): 12:45am On Jul 27, 2013
I love my gays! Come on out assfuckers!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Nobody: 2:07am On Jul 27, 2013
orgasticdance: ^^I really want to know why you think so?
For the purposes of criminal liability, one can abet a crime by instigation, gestures or any other means. An "abettor" and "abetted persons" are together, liable for the crime.
So, to me, the gay apologists and sympathisers are two sides of the same coin.
However, securing a conviction for these class of persons will depend on the circumstances of the particular case.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by orgasticdance: 10:05am On Jul 27, 2013
^You can't be serious, surely. Homosexuals are criminals? Oh, i see, u already branded them as bad as armed robbers in an earlier post.
Really? So two adults engaged in their own private affair that does not in any way impose on your business are now in the same camp with anyone with a gun who gets in ur way and makes out with your money or possessions? How is homosexuality crime per say? How do homosexuals offend you or anyone? You can't live with the image of two men getting a totally harmless sh-ag grin in the comfort of their rooms , maybe u need a hobby cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Nobody: 2:16pm On Jul 27, 2013
Ermm... Truth is, I find it very hard to waste my time on this topic as I have done a couple of times on here.
Your post is damn funny.
Goodbye.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by dabeau: 6:45pm On Jul 27, 2013
Juell: Is it normal for a man to be sticking his joystick in another man's shit hole?
im guessing you mean to say Abnormal right? but don't you think it kinda narrow minded to only think about sex when two adults are choosing a companion or who they wanna send the rest of their life with? I agree, as you said could be disgusting but shouldn't what they do in the corner of their room be their own cup of tea?
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by dabeau: 7:05pm On Jul 27, 2013
Iyk-Baba:
The biblical account of Sodom and Gomorrah is recorded in Genesis chapters 18-19. Genesis chapter 18 records the Lord and two angels coming to speak with Abraham. The Lord informed Abraham that "the outcry against Sodom and Gomorrah is so great and their sin so grievous." Verses 22-33 record Abraham pleading with the Lord to have mercy on Sodom and Gomorrah because Abraham's nephew, Lot, and his family lived in Sodom.
Genesis chapter 19 records the two angels, disguised as human men, visiting Sodom and Gomorrah. Lot met the angels in the city square and urged them to stay at his house. The angels agreed. The Bible then informs us, "Before they had gone to bed, all the men from every part of the city of Sodom — both young and old — surrounded the house. They called to Lot, 'Where are the men who came to you tonight? Bring them out to us so that we can have sex with them.'" The angels then proceed to blind all the men of Sodom and Gomorrah and urge Lot and his family to flee from the cities to escape the wrath that God was about to deliver. Lot and his family flee the city, and then "the LORD rained down burning sulfur on Sodom and Gomorrah — from the LORD out of the heavens. Thus he overthrew those cities and the entire plain, including all those living in the cities..."
In light of the passage, the most common response to the question "What was the sin of Sodom and Gomorrah?" is that it was homosexuality. That is how the term "sodomy" came to be used to refer to anal sex between two men, whether consensual or forced. Clearly, homosexuality was part of why God destroyed the two cities. The men of Sodom and Gomorrah wanted to perform homosexual gang rape on the two angels (who were disguised as men). At the same time, it is not biblical to say that homosexuality was the exclusive reason why God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah. The cities of Sodom and Gomorrah were definitely not exclusive in terms of the sins in which they indulged.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by dabeau: 5:02am On Jul 28, 2013
orgasticdance: Homophobia is not unique to Nigerians. Even in the west people hate homosexuals, but the tolerance level is higher than it is in africa. The Nigerian brand of homophobia is peculiar because we're very religous and that informs our perspectives on most things. Unfortunately, the politial class, who should know better, have capitalized on that sentiment and made things worse by passing that anti-gay law. But there's hope. I'm part of that 8% of Nigerians who believe homosexuals have the right to their private matter. It's their business, not mine. Do I find sexual relations between a man and a man deplorable and unnatural? Absolutely, but in so far as they are not in my way with their homosexuality, I will breathe easy.
Open disclosure: I am Nigerian. I have lived here all my life, and I have a friend who is a homosexual.
You raised two important points Religion and the Uniqueness to Nigeria which i think most people will agree because that the basis of their sentiments. First let talk about the Religion, ie Christianity and Islam which are the 2 major religion that talks against homosexuality. Firstly, Christianity made it way to Africa in Egypt in the middle of the 1st century. The first Christian contact in Nigeria occurred in the fifteenth century when the Portuguese introduced Roman Catholicism. For Islam, The presence of Islam in Africa can be traced to the seventh century and finally in Nigeria two centuries later. So in other words they are both foreign religions in the first place. which now beg the question, Is there any sign of homosexuality in Africa prior this two religions? The answer is simple YES! The first record of possible homosexual couple in history is commonly regarded as Khnumhotep and Niankhkhnum, an ancient Egyptian male couple, who lived around 2400 BCE.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by dabeau: 5:05am On Jul 28, 2013
kwangi: Ermm... Truth is, I find it very hard to waste my time on this topic as I have done a couple of times on here.
Your post is damn funny.
Goodbye.
Thanks for stopping by, You're are exused!
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Noneroone(m): 5:49am On Jul 28, 2013
It is a sin and a crime. it is not worth discussing. when in history did leaders help oppressed fight for a cause as they are doing for gay activists. This simply shows they are shamlessly fighting a lost, evil cause. After this, dudes who are attracted to animals will fight for rights too and the wild west will grant it. The earlier we seperate western civilisation from democracy, the better for us.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Juell(m): 8:08am On Jul 28, 2013
dabeau:
im guessing you mean to say Abnormal right? but don't you think it kinda narrow minded to only think about sex when two adults are choosing a companion or who they wanna send the rest of their life with? I agree, as you said could be disgusting but shouldn't what they do in the corner of their room be their own cup of tea?

Dnt get me wrong, I asked a question "is it normal for a man to be sticking his joystick in another mans poo hole?"
There's nothing narrow minded about my tots, frm the beginning God made them male and female. Those guys are just sick and need deliverance frm evil forces.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Abagworo(m): 12:05am On Jul 29, 2013
Juell:

Dnt get me wrong, I asked a question "is it normal for a man to be sticking his joystick in another mans poo hole?"
There's nothing narrow minded about my tots, frm the beginning God made them male and female. Those guys are just sick and need deliverance frm evil forces.

The point of pro-gays is quite weak. Kleptomaniacs are people born with stealing as a natural trait. They are not given ay special considerations in the court of law for being born that way.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by orgasticdance: 4:38pm On Jul 29, 2013
Abagworo:
My take on the gay issue is that if gay is legalized then drug use should be legalized too. They belong to the same class of miscreants and therefore should be given equal rights. Same as cleptomaniacs who are born with stealing in their gene. They should not be jailed for stealing since its their nature. Same with paedophils as well as other psychological ailments that are natural but against societal norms.

Sure. Conveniently ignore the sex-ual rights gays as adults are also entitled to, while exaggerating nature's role in the debate . While you're at it, you can also forget that drug addicts are a strain to the limited resources of a sane society(not naija abeg), cleptomaniacs clearly are a financial burden to other people, paedophiles abuse innocent children etc. Even the worst sexually addicted homosexual doesn't come close to any of the offenders you've mentioned--prove it! The worst a sexually addicted homosexual can be is a moving corpse of STDs, which other heterosexuals are, in bunches.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by morpheus24: 6:19pm On Jul 29, 2013
Simple answer;

NIGERIANS ARE OVER-RELIGIOUS!!!!

1 Like

Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by Nosu(m): 8:47am On Jul 30, 2013
An adage says before u break down a fence y not find out y it was erected in the first place.

And God create them , male and female. Go and read Romans chapter 1.

Some ppl here are just looking for ways to justify their sinful nature, wanting to recuit , convince and confuse more persons and get new sex partner.

An abomination is an abomination, it doesn't hv any name. Shit doesn't hv another name regardless of the packaging.
Re: Why Do Nigerian Hate Homosexual So Much? by EyeHateGod: 3:14pm On Oct 10, 2016
People usually hate anything that is different from them. Difference race, different ethnicity, different religion, different sexual orientation. Therefore, when they see a guy who likes guys or a girl who likes girls, they aren't able to understand it and they are not able to tolerate the difference of lifestyle therefore they do what they do best - hate.

(1) (Reply)

Lord Macaulay's Address To British Empire About Africa In 1835 / Federal Government Declares Monday Public Holiday. / How True Is The Existence Of The Mermaid

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.