Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,760 members, 7,813,516 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:20 PM

Who Is TATA - Barcelona Fc's New Manager - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Who Is TATA - Barcelona Fc's New Manager (553 Views)

EPL: Chelsea Fc New Squad Numbers - 2014/2015 / Michael Emenalo Appointed As Chelsea Fc New Assistant First-team Coach! / Barcelona Fc Are 2005/2006 UEFA Champions! Arsenal Defeated: (in Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Who Is TATA - Barcelona Fc's New Manager by thegoodjoehunt(m): 7:48am On Jul 27, 2013

I was hoping Marcelo Bielsa takes over Barca but Lionel Messi had a different view. Messi picked his hometown man Gerardo 'TATA' Martino and the Barca president and board accepted Messi's decision. Many feels the board wants Messi happy and wants him to remain at the club. A friend of mine says a choice from the four times world best player is good enough.

Tata was a midfielder and had a nice career in Newell's Old Boys. He grew up from a junior player in the club and is voted by fans of the club as the club's greatest player.

He is actually the star student of Marcelo Bielsa, having played under Bielsa.

Tata has a high pressing, possession football philosophy which I admire so much. He began his coaching at the lower leagues of Argentina before moving to Paraguay.

At Paraguay, he won the title Four times in Six years, with Libertad (3 times) and once with Cerro Porteno.

His wonderful work at Paraguay made the footballing body at Paraguay to employ him as their national team coach. He lead the Paraguayan national team to their best ever World Cup finish at the World Cup 2010 in South Africa. The Paraguayan team reached the Quater finals at the World Cup. He also lead Paraguay to the finals of the Copa America finals, which they lost to Uruguay.

After leaving Paraguay, he later went to his boyhood club, Newell's Old Boys. He lead them this year to become champions of Argentina. He is the current champion coach if Argentina. He also led Newell's Old Boys to the Copa Libertadories finals. ( Uefa Champions League Equivalent in South America ).

I think Barca just landed someone great and who fits the club's philosophy. I applaud Messi for a smart choice and move here. Goodluck to Barca Fc, Tata and Messi.

Get well soon Tito.

(1) (Reply)

Mourinho On The Move For Barcelonas Valdes / Tottenham Must Play With Freedom Against Manchester United - Eriksen / Shaw Not Fit Enough, Says Van Gaal

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.