Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,520 members, 7,826,956 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 12:47 AM

I Hate My Name.please Help!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Hate My Name.please Help!! (1706 Views)

My Marriage Is Crashing, I Think I Hate Him...Help / I'm Beginning To Hate My Mom / I "Hate" My Parents (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Bryan12(m): 10:46am On Jul 27, 2013
my english name is edward and according to my parents it was given to me by my father.The name started giving me sleepless nights on my very first in college.usually whenever the am being called upon people always make fun of me.like the"headworld"stuff and the worst part of it is that am a very shyguy.And again living in the eastern part of the country is another problem on its own cos of the famous late ritualist popularly known as"eddy"which is the short form of my name.To me the name is the worst thing that ever happened to me.I hate my name so that am ashamed to answer when am being called upon.I have tried in so many ways to change it but it did't work.Whenever i think of the name i think of my father who gave it to me and i hated him for that.As a christain i believe that in one way or another the name you bear affects your life either positively or negatively and mine is really affecting me.please i need help.....!!!
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by bellong: 10:59am On Jul 27, 2013
Have you ever taken time to search for great men who once were named EDWARD? Why not focus on the positive and leave the negative. To every name, there are good and bad people who once had them. If you change it to another, I can dig out extremely bad people who once had such name. Your father didn't have any negative or ill feelings towards you for giving you the name.

Your friends are making fun because its what they know how to do best.. It is normal at this age for peers to make fun of each other. Develop a thick skin to it and stop hating your name.

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Nobody: 11:01am On Jul 27, 2013
Is like you have big head that's why you hate the name grin tongue

Your dad was right to name you that.... "Head ward"

Sorry about that but try and live with it.
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Bryan12(m): 11:24am On Jul 27, 2013
bellong: Have you ever taken time to search for great men who once were named EDWARD? Why not focus on the positive and leave the negative. To every name, there are good and bad people who once had them. If you change it to another, I can dig out extremely bad people who once had such name. Your father didn't have any negative or ill feelings towards you for giving you the name.

Your friends are making fun because its what they know how to do best.. It is normal at this age for peers to make fun of each other. Develop a thick skin to it and stop hating your name.
thanks.but do know bout any of this people you re talking about
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Bryan12(m): 11:28am On Jul 27, 2013
Chillisauce: Is like you have big head that's why you hate the name grin tongue

Your dad was right to name you that.... "Head ward"

Sorry about that but try and live with it.

actually i do but am cute.a lilboy told me once"you re fine but your head na im spoil you"
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by bellong: 11:44am On Jul 27, 2013
Bryan12: thanks.but do know bout any of this people you re talking about

There is a website named Google, you can use it to get an extensive result.
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by biolabee(m): 11:44am On Jul 27, 2013
Na edward dey vex u

Dem no give you cain or esubiyi or lucifer.. u think say eddy bad

Do you know wat edward means at all

Edward
The name Edward is a baby boy name.

Rate this name:
This name has 0 vote.
Anglo-Saxon Meaning:
The name Edward is an Anglo-Saxon baby name. In Anglo-Saxon the meaning of the name Edward is: Guardian.

Its a name of kings

Forget it mehn n build up your self confidence
Let criticism n yabbis flow off your back

Imbibe the royalty of ur name n your excellence will show forth

2 Likes

Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Enegod(m): 12:13pm On Jul 27, 2013
Bryan12: actually i do but am cute.a lilboy told me once"you re fine but your head na im spoil you"
your dad was right afterall...live with it dude!
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Chubhie: 12:30pm On Jul 27, 2013
Nobody can ever get you angry without your permission and in this case, you gave them the right to. Never ever hate yourself. Always have respect and love for who you are which will help boost your self confidence. I always smile or laugh even when thrown few jabs at and the person may end up looking like a fool.... Until you get to a level where you can even look at yourself and throw jabs at yourself and still laugh bout it...you will forever be held captive by peoples opinions. Learn to conquer thy self.
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Bryan12(m): 12:35pm On Jul 27, 2013
Chubhie: Nobody can ever get you angry without your permission and in this case, you gave them the right to. Never ever hate yourself. Always have respect and love for who you are which will help boost your self confidence. I always smile or laugh even when thrown few jabs at and the person may end up looking like a fool.... Until you get to a level where you can even look at yourself and throw jabs at yourself and still laugh bout it...you will forever be held captive by peoples opinions. Learn to conquer thy self.
cool
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Nobody: 12:40pm On Jul 27, 2013
I knew a guy we were calling head ward those days, some call him hammer heads of horror, some call isi ala ngwa.

He kept going on, even though his head was like black and white TV, he didn't mind...after a while we got tired of laughing at him.

Just ignore them. It will pass
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Chubhie: 12:48pm On Jul 27, 2013
Bryan12: cool
you can look at yourself in the mirror and yap your head, catch your fun then accept who you are..... Once you accept the way you are, i bet the next time someone makes fun of you laugh at them cos the joke is on them for tis outdated and they are only operating from their limiited minds. Also work on your biceps and if you got a broad chest, show and enhance them all. You have abilities to transform every aspect of you if you discover yourself. I was once a shy guy as you and i speak from experience.
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by clever5680: 1:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Don't u have an igbo name? use it more often. When asked, tell ppl ur igbo name. it will gradully die down everybody had to live wit acaricature at one stage

1 Like

Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Nobody: 1:51pm On Jul 27, 2013
What's wrong with Edward?
Agreed, it's not the cutest of names out there but it's cool jor.
Pple make fun of names, especially at that stage but it dies down later, who has time to start laughing at your name when you start working or something?
Abeg, think of better thing and stop giving yourself headache over what is not jare.
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Bryan12(m): 2:18pm On Jul 27, 2013
clever5680: Don't u have an igbo name? use it more often. When asked, tell ppl ur igbo name. it will gradully die down everybody had to live wit acaricature at one stage
well i did what you said at my new office but you what?my dad stays around there so oneday he came looking for me;i wasnt around so he asked my collegue of me using the name,and from that day they started calling me that.I hated my father for that.and wana talk to im bout that just haven't summoned enough ecourage to do that.......
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by tpia5: 2:22pm On Jul 27, 2013
Stories that touch.

So, you have issues with your father ( supposedly), and thats why you, a grown ar.se man, must come to nl to whine about your name which for some reason, you're unable to do anything about.

Where do they breed you people.

Or, are you underage, like maybe 10 years old? Your cognition level seems to indicate that.
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Bryan12(m): 2:57pm On Jul 27, 2013
tpia@:
Stories that touch.

So, you have issues with your father ( supposedly), and thats why you, a grown ar.se man, must come to nl to whine about your name which for some reason, you're unable to do anything about.

Where do they breed you people.

Or, are you underage, like maybe 10 years old? Your cognition level seems to indicate that.
what exactly is your point?
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Nobody: 6:25pm On Jul 27, 2013
If u feel dis much hatred about ur name,then officially change it.
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Nobody: 9:27pm On Jul 27, 2013
Why do i just like the name? grin
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Nobody: 9:28pm On Jul 27, 2013
Your name is nice? grin
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 27, 2013
Hate your head not the name. Your name is nice. grin
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by LoveAmaka88(f): 1:34am On Jul 29, 2013
If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. Tell people you meet that you prefer whatever name you choose. I know many guys who refuse to use their first names either going by a middle name, last name, or some name of their choice. You don't have to be drastic and legally change it, just say my name is Edward, but I go by _______.
Re: I Hate My Name.please Help!! by Bryan12(m): 8:24am On Jul 29, 2013
LoveAmaka88: If you don't like it, you don't have to use it. Tell people you meet that you prefer whatever name you choose. I know many guys who refuse to use their first names either going by a middle name, last name, or some name of their choice. You don't have to be drastic and legally change it, just say my name is Edward, but I go by _______.
the only that actually made sense

(1) (Reply)

Men Becoming More Responsible In The House / A Nairalander Just Lost His DAD / Am I Been Wicked?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.