Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,746 members, 7,817,057 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:00 AM

AWARENESS !!! - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / AWARENESS !!! (677 Views)

Share The Awareness - The Deadly Consequences Of Child Marriage (pix) / Domestic Violence Awareness. / September: Sickle Cell Awareness Month (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

AWARENESS !!! by ilelabola(m): 8:43pm On Jul 27, 2013
Do you use Gas for cooking? Must Read
Please read this and take note. Let this not happen to you. This could bea common mistake in any household.
This shocking accident happened on 13th Feb 2013. A housewife died due to burns sustained in the kitchen.
Her husband too was hospitalised for injuries due to burns while tryingto rescue his wife.
How it happened:
The gas cooker was on and cooking in progress.
The lady observed some cockroachesnear the sink and grabbed a can of insect killer and sprayed it near the gas stove, which was on. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustaining 65% burns.
Her husband rushed in, tried to put out the flames and his clothes too caught fire.
The husband is still in hospital, in theburns ward, still unaware that his wife was declared dead on arrival.
Let us understand that:
All insect killer sprays such as"Raid","Mortein", Sheltos etc have highly volatile and inflammable solvents.
The atomized nano spray particles spread very rapidly and one spark is enough to ignite this explosive mixture with oxygen present in air.
Please educate your family & Friendsabout this and spread the word around*************** fb.com/basicknowledgeandwisdom
Re: AWARENESS !!! by EfemenaXY: 9:06pm On Jul 27, 2013
^^ Awful story.

Good lessons to be learnt here though. In addition to that, it's worth investing in fire safety equipment such as fire extinguishers and kitchen fire blankets.

I'm quite sure if the couple in this story had those installed in their home, the poor woman's life would have be saved.
Re: AWARENESS !!! by Caracta(f): 11:55pm On Jul 27, 2013
And to think i've tried that before? shocked

*shudders*
Re: AWARENESS !!! by greatgod2012(f): 4:22am On Jul 28, 2013
Thanks, I don't even allow spraying in my kitchen at all when cooking. Its dangerous, its already stated on the can that, its highly inflammabe.
May God help us all.
Re: AWARENESS !!! by Nobody: 7:52am On Jul 28, 2013
These little devils! I hate them with passion.
So sad.
Re: AWARENESS !!! by megareal: 11:13am On Jul 28, 2013
I almost tried it one day. Was cooking in the kitchen whe I saw a big fly. Away I went to bring the insecticide only to remember that it was highly combustible. Poor woman. Wish she had known better.

(1) (Reply)

Indian Girl, 7, Survives Being Buried Alive / Noni Fruit And Noni Juice Benefits For Skin And More. / Girl Brings Pregnancy As Result Home After Four Years In The University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.