Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,849 members, 7,810,274 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:20 AM

Nigeria Pays The Lowest Electricity Tariff In Africa - Prof. Nebo. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria Pays The Lowest Electricity Tariff In Africa - Prof. Nebo. (847 Views)

New Electricity Tariff In Nigeria: The Pains Of Nigerian Consumers / Reasons You Might Not Be Having Light (electricity): To A Layman Understanding / Movement For Change In Call Tariff In Nigeria (glo, Mtn, Zain, E.t.c) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Pays The Lowest Electricity Tariff In Africa - Prof. Nebo. by emorse(m): 1:16pm On Jul 28, 2013
In an interview session on the program "90 minutes" which aired on Sunday 28th of July 2013 on AIT, the minister of power, Prof. Chinedu Nebo mentioned that Nigeria currently pays the lowest electricity tariff in Africa. I find this difficult to believe because sometimes ago, I heard on radio that Ghana pays much lower. Can anyone confirm or correct this please!
Re: Nigeria Pays The Lowest Electricity Tariff In Africa - Prof. Nebo. by KHYLE(m): 1:20pm On Jul 28, 2013
I heard him too. can't belive that.
Re: Nigeria Pays The Lowest Electricity Tariff In Africa - Prof. Nebo. by emorse(m): 1:37pm On Jul 28, 2013
I think this guy is just being a "politician".
Re: Nigeria Pays The Lowest Electricity Tariff In Africa - Prof. Nebo. by ITbomb(m): 1:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
Of course that is just the right amount for the poor quality of service though I still believe it should be lower
Re: Nigeria Pays The Lowest Electricity Tariff In Africa - Prof. Nebo. by Nobody: 2:13pm On Jul 28, 2013
Even if it's true (which I doubt), does he expect us to pay highly, when we get much less value? And still have to spend money on fuel and diesel for our generators?
Re: Nigeria Pays The Lowest Electricity Tariff In Africa - Prof. Nebo. by emorse(m): 3:10pm On Jul 28, 2013
There's this Ghanaian radio presenter(can't remember his name) who said, during a phone interview on prime time Africa sometimes last year or so that he paid an equivalent of about #1500 monthly(they just increased subsidy as at then so he'd pay less from the next month).And he had an A.C, deep freezer And every other basic electronic device. So I wonder where the Prof. got his stats from.
Re: Nigeria Pays The Lowest Electricity Tariff In Africa - Prof. Nebo. by CrazyMan(m): 6:58pm On Jul 28, 2013
ITbomb: Of course that is just the right amount for the poor quality of service though I still believe it should be lower
You took the words right out of my mouth.

They (PHCN) should be thankful that Nigerians are still consistent in paying their bills. Cos by right, We are not supposed to pay a penny considering the epileptic power supply we're getting each day.
Re: Nigeria Pays The Lowest Electricity Tariff In Africa - Prof. Nebo. by Freiburger(m): 12:31pm On Jul 29, 2013
New? how about not paying at all? it will still be embraced. laugh like Obansajo.grin

(1) (Reply)

8 Ways Of Enhancing Your Sense Of Humour. / Pictures Of Toilet Made Of 24 Karat Gold Worth $10 Million / How To Determine Front Page Topics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.