Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,779 members, 7,837,830 topics. Date: Thursday, 23 May 2024 at 11:22 AM

Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services (641 Views)

What Professional Skill Will Be In HOT DEMAND 2016 / [p / Civil Servants Demand N46, 000 Minimum Wage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by olajide8(m): 2:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
For sometime I have been designing and developing different campaign designs for people and corporate organisations, but now its my turn, and I am in trouble, I can't seem to create a demand for my organisations services.
firstly, we are into printing and publishing and we have a wide range of equipments, but that's not the issue, the issue is, I have thought of all marketing principles and theories, using reduced prices, discount sales and credit advances, and in the process, we have had, to write of a lot of bad debts, I used a lot of personnel selling about 12-14 personnel to open the market, and had to drop them after incurring huge losses, but beyond this their are a few organisations that are still calling the shots in some other places way further then where I am, now I looked at the immediate environment and tried to come up with another product, but the market didn't buy it, a magazine, we have the right to do some other publications but we need the business to roll on its own, as my new marketing campaign design is *as turnover-from demand for the services* before we can diversify into that area, now I have thought of the encircling strategy, but the cost implication for an organisation as small as ours in terms of working capital is difficult, in fact, the larger players in the market are using this strategy mixed with nepotism, and the location is not in a high density state, like lagos where their would be a demand for anything, we are based in a place where high end consumers are based *Abuja* at this juncture i am forced to look for answers, beyond what I am aware of!
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by Acidosis(m): 3:26pm On Jul 28, 2013
It's simple. Let people know why they need to leave A for B.

Find those that patronise A

When you meet them, show them what you have.

You have no business with A, but A's customers.

Rule out this factor called 'nepotism' and take charge. We all like the best irrespective of the deliverer.

Those that patronise your competitors are yet to see your products. You can't convince them without evidence. Make them realise they've been cheated all this while. You're not going there to condemn your competitors' products but to make them look like "ignoramus" by simply telling them what you have to offer, something they probably have not seen/heard before.

Maybe I'm yet to fully understand the nature of the business, but low density is not the issue, you can even control Lagos market right there in Abuja.
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by Acidosis(m): 3:33pm On Jul 28, 2013
Lest I forget,

It may not be easy to create a demand for your services, but it's very easy to create a service that meets (solves) people's demand.

This is the foundation of all businesses.
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by olajide8(m): 3:41pm On Jul 28, 2013
^ Yes, that's called gorrilla war fare marketing, but its a very funny strategy because of the cost implication, you see, most of these so called people don't go out looking for those that provide these services, they give it to those around the corner of their offices and demand the service, (which we have covered) so there are tonnes of middle men, here and there, so even if you walk up to the end user, you are not certain of the fact that when he needs the service, he would remember you! In respect of the fact that he has your call/business card a calendar is hung up in his office, that he remembers to check the date from, and some of these competition already have the template of production of these organisations, so its cheaper for them to reproduce, unlike -when you are offering them the service for the first time, and another challenge is they always want the best quality at the below the lowest cost, because they believe its directly from the factory sort of.
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by olajide8(m): 3:46pm On Jul 28, 2013
Acidosis: Lest I forget,

It may not be easy to create a demand for your services, but it's very easy to create a service that meets (solves) people's demand.

This is the foundation of all businesses.
Any specific service idea, other then the magazine or the supreme court judgments, these are our cover products but like I said funds can sometimes be a problem.
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by Acidosis(m): 4:07pm On Jul 28, 2013
olajide_07:
Any specific service idea, other then the magazine or the supreme court judgments, these are our cover products but like I said funds can sometimes be a problem.

My ideas aren't free. Even the least goes with a cost. smiley
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by Acidosis(m): 4:11pm On Jul 28, 2013
olajide_07: ^ Yes, that's called gorrilla war fare marketing, but its a very funny strategy because of the cost implication, you see, most of these so called people don't go out looking for those that provide these services, they give it to those around the corner of their offices and demand the service, (which we have covered) so there are tonnes of middle men, here and there, so even if you walk up to the end user, you are not certain of the fact that when he needs the service, he would remember you! In respect of the fact that he has your call/business card a calendar is hung up in his office, that he remembers to check the date from, and some of these competition already have the template of production of these organisations, so its cheaper for them to reproduce, unlike -when you are offering them the service for the first time, and another challenge is they always want the best quality at the below the lowest cost, because they believe its directly from the factory sort of.

What exactly is the goal and objective of the company?
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by olajide8(m): 4:15pm On Jul 28, 2013
Acidosis:

What exactly is the goal and objective of the company?
Be a world class publishing firm and advertising agency, delivering timely service products at the RIGHT PRICE, best quality
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by olajide8(m): 4:19pm On Jul 28, 2013
^ and for now we are far away from that goal I was thinking of taking it out of the country, *our services* but we can't compete against those that give us the raw materials (european market) neither can we go into an economy that is worst then ours, because wouldn't be able to afford our prices (that's the african market)
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by Acidosis(m): 4:39pm On Jul 28, 2013
olajide_07:
Be a world class publishing firm and advertising agency, delivering timely service products at the RIGHT PRICE, best quality
Cool.

Do you have a website? Thats the first step to take if you really need a wide/wider coverage
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by olajide8(m): 4:50pm On Jul 28, 2013
Acidosis:
Cool.

Do you have a website? Thats the first step to take if you really need a wide/wider coverage
We have a blog, but the truth is that from my market research most people don't go their because they believe the cost of the website would also add to the overall cost of any product we deliver, now looking at our target market, potential and actual, the potential would ask for the price and look for someone else to execute at a lower price, what this means is we serve as a pricing mechanism under which they should have a cost, the other actuals are govt establishments and my brother bids tenders and nepotism don't allow everyone to have a fair share to survive
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by Acidosis(m): 5:24pm On Jul 28, 2013
olajide_07:
We have a blog, but the truth is that from my market research most people don't go their because they believe the cost of the website would also add to the overall cost of any product we deliver, now looking at our target market, potential and actual, the potential would ask for the price and look for someone else to execute at a lower price, what this means is we serve as a pricing mechanism under which they should have a cost, the other actuals are govt establishments and my brother bids tenders and nepotism don't allow everyone to have a fair share to survive

Sir, you can design a convincing website such that the prices won't be on display for "potentials" to see. When they call, all you need to do is "negotiate" professionally. You can't rule out the "pricing mechanism", cos its bound to happen.

I just feel its better and its cost effective as against the cost of hiring a Marketer.
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by Acidosis(m): 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2013
olajide_07: ^ and for now we are far away from that goal I was thinking of taking it out of the country, *our services* but we can't compete against those that give us the raw materials (european market) neither can we go into an economy that is worst then ours, because wouldn't be able to afford our prices (that's the african market)

Thats true..

You'll need to dominate the Nigerian market first. When you do this. Your products will then speak for you outside the shores of the country.
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by olajide8(m): 9:47pm On Jul 28, 2013
Acidosis:

Sir, you can design a convincing website such that the prices won't be on display for "potentials" to see. When they call, all you need to do is "negotiate" professionally. You can't rule out the "pricing mechanism", cos its bound to happen.

I just feel its better and its cost effective as against the cost of hiring a Marketer.
Re: Plz ideas! I need to Create A Demand For An Organisations Services by olajide8(m): 9:51pm On Jul 28, 2013
Acidosis:

That's the beauty of publishing, no two jobs are exactly cost*ed* the same way, because different items and products have different composition before you have the finished product, that's why it would be very difficult to give prices e.g a letter head maybe full coloured, and also have gold embossing on it and its also the same as a normal letter heading that doesn't have any gold foiling or embossing- and people can be quite funny, they would call you all sorts of names if you don't stick to your initial pricing, even with the variations - people in abuja would shout fraud so you just have to be cautious

(1) (Reply)

Female Receptionist Urgently Needed / How You Got Yourself A Civil Engineering Job / Get ITIL Training And Become Certified

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.