Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,820 members, 7,813,701 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Guardiola Is On The Right Track With Bayern Munich - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Guardiola Is On The Right Track With Bayern Munich (456 Views)

Arsenal Vs Bayern Munich : UCL (2 - 0) On 20th October 2015 / Chelsea Fan Paint Club Logo On Cow Ahead Of UCL With Bayern (photo) / Pep Guardiola Is A Racist (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guardiola Is On The Right Track With Bayern Munich by thegoodjoehunt(m): 9:32pm On Jul 28, 2013
After watching the loss of Bayern Munich to Borrussia Dortmund, I had to share my view. The football bloggers and journalists are just judging by the result and not the actions on the field.

What went wrong for Guardiola:

Thiago wasn't his usual self. A lot of misplaced passes but it was his first competitive match with a new team. Also Dortmund were on their game. The Dortmund midfielders dominated the Bayern players. Thiago is blending and still showed his briliant touches. For instance his lob pass to Manzukic.

Mario Manzukic for the first time I saw him in a Bayern shirt not ticking as fast as his team mates. He was awful in front of the goal and missed goals. Shaqiri played well but also made mistakes. Van Buyten's own goal was also terrble.

The truth is the Guardiola style Tiki Taka is difficult to master. Guardiola has been training this team for one month and thiago isn't up to two weeks old in the team. Bayern had a 64% possession and in some parts of the game, I could see the Tiki Taka touches.

Guardiola will get them to master his art very soon and this defeat will be forgoten.

Bayern didn't play too badly but the Dortmund players were in better form due to Dortmund players playing a pattern they have played for years. Bayern ppayers have been playing their system for a Month. It is definitely clear that it takes time to blend a team to new techniques and strategies.

Let the journalists and bloggers wait a while before judging a winning system isn't working.

To add, I hope Guardiola realises the importance of Javi Martinez. He should put Martinez in the Defensive midfield position and push Thiago forward.
Finally congrats to Aubameyang. That was an awesome debut in German football.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Manchester City Striker Aguero Out For Up To Sixweeks With Knee Injury / Arsenal Set To Offer £21.3m For Juventus A.vidal, Alexis Sanchez Sweet Talks Him / Real Madrid Want To Sign 19-year-old Tottenham Midfielder Dele Alli.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.