Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,065 members, 7,818,182 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:40 AM

Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes (39941 Views)

Wande Coal Officially Dropped From Mavin Records / D'banj Congratulates Don Jazzy On Launch Of Mavin Records / Don Jazzy Forms Mavin Records, Signs Tiwa Savage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Djbond(m): 8:08am On Jul 29, 2013
When Mo’Hit had its Don Jazzy/D’banj separation war, I would be honest, I thumb printed on Don Jazzy’s new gang, Mavin Records, as the better side. The truth is after several months, the artistes under Mavin Records have shown their true colours and I must confess, it’s worse than colour riot!

Mavin Records is now a collection of confused and powerless artistes.
The achievements of Mavin Records and DB Records have shown us that Don Jazzy was the creative guy while D’banj was the business man. The way they have managed their respective businesses have shown what they brought to Mo’Hit’s table. Enough of Mo’Hits, now let’s focus on Mavin Records.

I must confess that since D’banj left, Don Jazzy has continued to make magical beats but none of his artistes have been able to vocally make love with his beats like Dbanj did. D’banj had intercourse with Don Jazzy’s production; the chemistry was marvelous! Now that D’banj has gone to eat from Kanye West’s musical kitchen, Don Jazzy is left with a collection of musically impotent artistes!

Since D’banj slammed the Mo’Hits door for his DB Records,we have not seen another charismatic artiste fly on Don Jazzy’s bewitching beats and it takes more than good beats to make a true artiste. Fela Kuti gave us good sounds, philosophical lyrics, charisma and fashion . All these, Mavin Records artistes lack.

Wande Coal:
Came on board with good singing skills but has since stopped singing and has started talking on beats like Dbanj did. One finds it hard not to believe that Mavin Artistes (Tiwa excluded) have adopted Dbanj’s style as the only way to conquer the musical world. That’s too bad.

Dr. Sid:
Music shouldn’t be Dr. Sid’s profession. I think he should go back to the hospital and try his luck there. Before now, he said D’banj was his stumbling block. D’banj is out, yet Dr. Sid hasn’t become a super star. With all the great beats from Don Jazzy, Dr. Sid has not been able to put the right vocal key to ignite his super stardom.

D Prince:
This guy shouldn’t even be a musician in the first place. Ok, he has the sex appeal to an extent which ladies love but he hasn’t been able to leverage on that musically.

Tiwa Savage:
This damsel and Wande Coal are the only musicians on the label but since Tiwa Savage got to Mavin Records, she has not seen her period. Period!

In summary, it will be very hard to sell most of the Mavin guys as stand-alone brands. Most of them lack what it takes to be an enigma. Besides Tiwa Savage and Don Jazzy himself, nobody else will easily be seen as a complete brand. My advise to Don Jazzy is to open his toilet and flush some artistes out of the Mavin building.

Comparation between the dkm album by db (dbanj) and solar plexus by mavin (donjazzy). What do you guys think. As For me I will take D kings men album

57 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Zillight: 8:34am On Jul 29, 2013
I still raised a discussion on this issue with a guy yesterday and he was of the opinion that I should sit back and watch what DonJazzy is up to. . .Left to me, I have seen enough from the two 'Divorcees'.
Mo'hit was a perfect Label, but there is not Hit in Mo'hit without Dbanj.

24 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 29, 2013
Zillight: I still raised a discussion on this issue with a guy yesterday and he was of the opinion that I should sit back and watch what DonJazzy is up to. . .Left to me, I have seen enough from the two 'Divorcees'.
Mo'hit was a perfect Label, but there is not Hit in Mo'hit without Dbanj.

. . . and there is no hit in DB records without donjazzy!

The simple truth is - they sacrificed a marriage that would av taken them to places - both of them are losers! But they don't know it yet - they should just forget their pride and reconcile!

39 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Zillight: 9:48am On Jul 29, 2013
greateros:

. . . and there is no hit in DB records without donjazzy!

The simple truth is - they sacrificed a marriage that would av taken them to places - both of them are losers! But they don't know it yet - they should just forget their pride and reconcile!
Reconcile?!?! Did I hear u say reconcile? They both seperaated d marriage on a bridge, took different parts and burnt d bridge, it wil only take a Miracle and Julius Berger 2 bring back such bridge.

41 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Mynd44: 9:52am On Jul 29, 2013
The both of them need to swallow their pride....I am tired of crap songs jorh

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Djkels(m): 1:23am On Jul 30, 2013
lipsrsealed finally....i taught I was the only one seeing the impotency of mavin

6 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Aygem(m): 9:37am On Jul 30, 2013
Impotent coudnt say it more. They re an assemblage of wackness.

6 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Indifferent(m): 10:26am On Jul 30, 2013
Imagine D'prince saying "take banana till u go yo" 16 times.
I couldnt beleive it

143 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Jordanmusa(m): 1:02pm On Jul 31, 2013
Indifferent: Imagine D'prince saying "take banana till u go yo" 16 times.
I couldnt beleive it
piece of shit, like you didn't rock the song hypocrite!

34 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Jordanmusa(m): 1:05pm On Jul 31, 2013
Aygem: Impotent coudnt say it more. They re an assemblage of wackness.
or you're an assemblage of wackness, dbanj is zero without don baba jay. The west will never accept dbanjs music.bet on it.

7 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Jordanmusa(m): 1:06pm On Jul 31, 2013
Djkels: lipsrsealed finally....i taught I was the only one seeing the impotency of mavin
oh djkels like hell I see your impotence!

2 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by ritux: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2013
I have always been and still a big D'banj fan, but I must say that I have not been to impress with his songs. On a scale of 1-10, I had rate his DKM album 6/10 and to be partial 7/10.

I am also a fan of Jazzy but the love cannot be compared with that of Dbanj. Since their divorce, I have not been to impressed with the beatz of the song he has produced except for WC's The Kick which I will rate 6/10 or 7/10 because of those badt damn-ass in the video (menh I love those as$. God endowed some ladies sha). For the solar plexus album, I had rate it 5/10. Unlike the D'banj/Jazzy songs, I hardly hear those songs in the club.

My verdict: In all aspects, Dbanj is doing much better than Jazzy and the Mavin crew. Nevertheless, they still need each other Dbanj and Jazzy. But I doubt if they will come back anytime soon.

15 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by ajasa4link: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2013
Na wa o,dbanj is sure spending on PR gan o...everyday we see threads of dbanj vs Don jazzy... dkm vs solar plexus. and other shiits... una no dey tire?.... the truth still remains,dbanj is a musician and we expect him to sing sensible songs and not 70% wack songs he is dishing out.(though he has been wack since the days of mohits )...I would say there dbanj hasn't improved at all as a musician.... as for Don jazzy, being a producer,we expect him to produce good beats, I will say he isn't doing bad with beats like the kick,rotate e.t.c.. as for artistes under mavin,yes they are wack just like dbanj himself except for the talented tiwa savage and wande coal...my point is,dbanj and Don jazzy are no longer together, let them be. stop all this un-necessary comparison of a musician and a producer

13 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by fastigiater: 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
ajasa4link: Na wa o,dbanj is sure spending on PR gan o...everyday we see threads of dbanj vs Don jazzy... dkm vs solar plexus. and other shiits... una no dey tire?.... the truth still remains,dbanj is a musician and we expect him to sing sensible songs and not 70% wack songs he is dishing out.(though he has been wack since the days of mohits )...I would say there dbanj hasn't improved at all as a musician.... as for Don jazzy, being a producer,we expect him to produce good beats, I will say he isn't doing bad with beats like the kick,rotate e.t.c.. as for artistes under mavin,yes they are wack just like dbanj himself except for the talented tiwa savage and wande coal...my point is,dbanj and Don jazzy are no longer together, let them be. stop all this un-necessary comparison of a musician and a producer

When people write good things about D'banj he is spending on PR, When people write good things about Mavin/Don Jazzy it is because they are the best in the world uh?....Yes I see your logic (not).
All of you just want D'banj to go away but like I have said countless times he is not going anywhere. You are annoyed you're hearing his DKM songs everywhere and it is irritating you that you got it wrong by writing him off. If he was really spending on this so called PR for comments, radio stations, tv stations, and show promoters, bet he'll be broke by now. Please give credit and accept he is doing something right.

30 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by ajasa4link: 3:46pm On Jul 31, 2013
fastigiater:

When people write good things about D'banj he is spending on PR, When people write good things about Mavin/Don Jazzy it is because they are the best in the world uh?....Yes I see your logic (not).
All of you just want D'banj to go away but like I have said countless times he is not going anywhere. You are annoyed you're hearing his DKM songs everywhere and it is irritating you that you got it wrong by writing him off. If he was really spending on this so called PR for comments, radio stations, tv stations, and show promoters, bet he'll be broke by now. Please give credit and accept he is doing something right.
kswitch is that u?

38 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by fastigiater: 4:20pm On Jul 31, 2013
ajasa4link: kswitch is that u?

SMH

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by yoji: 7:11pm On Jul 31, 2013
Here is d banj's first line of his hit song fall in love: my sugar banana!! Really Truth they are all d same. D only reason anybody prefers dbanj to dprince for example is jus sentiment datzall.

8 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 9:21pm On Jul 31, 2013
True
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by dani1luv: 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
[size=13pt]LOOOOL . .Fork you bruh[/size]
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Scarpon(m): 9:25pm On Jul 31, 2013
most important thing is their are getting paid

3 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by imsuboi(m): 9:27pm On Jul 31, 2013
Djbond:

OP go to bed, you're drunk

My Tiwa is not "powerless and confused"

5 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by abduldope(m): 9:30pm On Jul 31, 2013
how e take affect price of truckfit 4 boutique
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by lifestyle1(m): 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
Marvin records should sign durella.

6 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by patrkq(m): 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2013
yoji: Here is d banj's first line of his hit song fall in love: my sugar banana!! Really Truth they are all d same. D only reason anybody prefers dbanj to dprince for example is jus sentiment datzall.
heeeey!!! Fall in love was a hit... I personally felt he killed dat song

1 Like

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Damsman10(m): 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
Djbond: When Mo’Hit had its Don Jazzy/D’banj separation war, I would be honest, I thumb printed on Don Jazzy’s new gang, Mavin Records, as the better side. The truth is after several months, the artistes under Mavin Records have shown their true colours and I must confess, it’s worse than colour riot!

The achievements of Mavin Records and DB Records have shown us that Don Jazzy was the creative guy while D’banj was the business man. The way they have managed their respective businesses have shown what they brought to Mo’Hit’s table. Enough of Mo’Hits, now let’s focus on Mavin Records.

I must confess that since D’banj left, Don Jazzy has continued to make magical beats but none of his artistes have been able to vocally make love with his beats like Dbanj did. D’banj had intercourse with Don Jazzy’s production; the chemistry was marvelous! Now that D’banj has gone to eat from Kanye West’s musical kitchen, Don Jazzy is left with a collection of musically impotent artistes!

Since D’banj slammed the Mo’Hits door for his DB Records,we have not seen another charismatic artiste fly on Don Jazzy’s bewitching beats and it takes more than good beats to make a true artiste. Fela Kuti gave us good sounds, philosophical lyrics, charisma and fashion . All these, Mavin Records artistes lack.

Wande Coal:
Came on board with good singing skills but has since stopped singing and has started talking on beats like Dbanj did. One finds it hard not to believe that Mavin Artistes (Tiwa excluded) have adopted Dbanj’s style as the only way to conquer the musical world. That’s too bad.

Dr. Sid:
Music shouldn’t be Dr. Sid’s profession. I think he should go back to the hospital and try his luck there. Before now, he said D’banj was his stumbling block. D’banj is out, yet Dr. Sid hasn’t become a super star. With all the great beats from Don Jazzy, Dr. Sid has not been able to put the right vocal key to ignite his super stardom.

D Prince:
This guy shouldn’t even be a musician in the first place. Ok, he has the sex appeal to an extent which ladies love but he hasn’t been able to leverage on that musically.

Tiwa Savage:
This damsel and Wande Coal are the only musicians on the label but since Tiwa Savage got to Mavin Records, she has not seen her period. Period!

In summary, it will be very hard to sell most of the Mavin guys as stand-alone brands. Most of them lack what it takes to be an enigma. Besides Tiwa Savage and Don Jazzy himself, nobody else will easily be seen as a complete brand. My advise to Don Jazzy is to open his toilet and flush some artistes out of the Mavin building.

Comparation between the dkm album by db (dbanj) and solar plexus by mavin (donjazzy). What do you guys think. As For me I will take D kings men album
i dont give a damn
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by olumaxi(m): 9:35pm On Jul 31, 2013
Scarpon: most important thing is their are getting paid
yes nau..saw don-jazi lastwk milkin som cows for Loya

3 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by goldfish80(m): 9:36pm On Jul 31, 2013
Am sick and tired of this back and forth argument. Period!
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by imsuboi(m): 9:38pm On Jul 31, 2013
Damsman10:
i dont give a damn

dude, have you taken your drugs tonight?

Did you have to quote the whole post?

11 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by clemmonce(m): 9:40pm On Jul 31, 2013
Indifferent: Imagine D'prince saying "take banana till u go yo" 16 times.
I couldnt beleive it
yes he said it. but it made sense.

4 Likes

Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Niggmatic: 9:41pm On Jul 31, 2013
It's only in Nigeria that producers are being compared with the singers/rappers
No wonder we keep getting artistes that only talk on beat while claiming that they singing/rapping
Nonsense
Re: Mavin Records And Don Jazzy’s Impotent Artistes by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jul 31, 2013
Wow! Some people have got so much time..Just check out the analysis and comparison.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Headies 2019: Reactions As Rema Wins Next Rated Award - Screenshots / Full List Of Winners At The 14th Headies Awards / [Official Video] P-square - Chop My Money Remix feat. Akon & May D

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.