Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,432 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert (8437 Views)

NIS Recruitment: Why We Halted Presidential Order On Employment Offers / Nnpc Text Through Phillips And Co On Employment / Etisalat Info On Employment. Hurry Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Brimmie(m): 8:02pm On Jul 29, 2013
Ogun State Government has explained that the advertisement placed by its Civil Service Commission in which applicants were requested to pay examination fees had been grossly misunderstood by those criticizing the policy.

In a statement by the Commission’s Chairman, Chief (Mrs) Ronke Folarin, the government stated that the application fee was a regular requirement which had been part of the procedure for recruiting University Graduates into the professional cadres in the Public Service since the inception of thestate.“The prescribed fee in the advertisement is examination fee anda sundry, as the examination is being handled by the Administrative StaffCollege of Nigeria (ASCON), Badagry. The examination is meant for University Graduates aspiring to join the Professional Officer Cadre of The Civil Service andit is done to set the standard for new entrants.

The present examination is aspecial one as it is being done outside the normal period of January, hence theseemingly extra cost’', Folarin stated.

While insisting that the examination fee has nothing to do with generation of funds, she said the payment of fees for the ASCON Examination was not peculiar to Ogun State and neither is it new.

She noted thatover the past 30 years, Graduates who want to join the Professional Cadre of The Service have had to pay for the Examination while officers in the service,who plan to convert to the Professional Cadre, also need to pay and sit for theexamination. She said the payment for ASCON Examination is the normal practice in The Civil Service in most States of the Federation and that the difference in the exercise is that Ogun State has been advertising the processing the last Two Years now, a measure taken to ensure Transparency and making the opportunity available to all and sundry.

She added that the recruitment process was a rigorous one andis in Four Stages, including Written Examination to be conducted by ASCON, which will hold for Two Days, a written test to by conducted be the commission, Four-Day Interview to be held by Consultants, and the Final Interview to be held by the Commission.“The Administration of Senator Ibikunle Amosun has employed over 15,000 people into the Civil Service. The form for the Rapid Employment Generation Programme, through which applicants came in, was distributed free. The Government cannot be a party to exploitation of the Citizenry as is being Portrayed in some reports on this issue,” Folarin added.

Source: Senator Ibikunle Amosun Page On FaceBook

1 Like

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Brimmie(m): 8:17pm On Jul 29, 2013
MY TAKE:
In Human resources, when you want to attract talents you spend money, that money is an investment towards the talents you seek to acquire. When you ask people to pay 12k Naira for an Exam they are not sure to pass, a Job they are not sure to get then something is wrong.

What if the best talents cannot afford the money?

The idea or this recruitment drive is laudable if only there was no fee attached to it. I wish Mr Governor will use some of his security vote to offset this for at least 2000 candidates.

10 Likes

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Nobody: 9:25am On Jul 30, 2013
working is for suckers JK grin

1 Like

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 30, 2013
abegi
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Nobody: 9:28am On Jul 30, 2013
Bunch of exploiters
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by horlabiyi(m): 9:30am On Jul 30, 2013
How many application form did they print ? How many vacancy do they have ?
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by dridowu: 9:31am On Jul 30, 2013
obadiah777: working is for suckers JK grin
let me help u out DAYUMMMMMMMM
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by promine(m): 9:33am On Jul 30, 2013
No reasonable govt or agency should charge prospectves on yet to get Jobs.

3 Likes

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Nobody: 9:33am On Jul 30, 2013
dridowu: let me help u out DAYUMMMMMMMM
quite aptly put sire. i am touched cry
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by greatgod2012(f): 9:33am On Jul 30, 2013
One fact still remains and that is.................they are exploiters.
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by mshd5: 9:34am On Jul 30, 2013
God knws best
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Singingshingy(f): 9:35am On Jul 30, 2013
imagine
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Fazhy: 9:38am On Jul 30, 2013
Okay.

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by JideTheBlogger(m): 9:39am On Jul 30, 2013
Let them guarantee refund na

1 Like

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by nikejoy: 9:43am On Jul 30, 2013
Fäct of lifè,when u dnt give,u can't receive.jst dat d fèè is nt encourageable.imagìne 12k times 1200 applicants,cañ sumbody help me out.pls
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by HoLEEsinner: 9:46am On Jul 30, 2013
12000 * 1200=14400000 shikena, believe me if there's a useless and clueless government than Ogun state government then isn't in Nigeria, how on earth do you want jobless graduates to get 12k for examination fee? Its inhuman for God sake.. Just share it among ACN chiefs candidates and Tinubu candidates.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by PStacks(m): 9:59am On Jul 30, 2013
Senator Ibikunle Amosun is a good man, soft spoken and very articulate but these people don't know the level of poverty in the land..

shocked 12 grand... 12K is a whole lot of money mehn!!

If you drop 12 and don't get the job is there gon be a refund?

These are the issues at stake...
12k is just way too much
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Nobody: 10:02am On Jul 30, 2013
ogun has enough fund for the recruitment. it's unfair to exploit broke graduates
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Deeaba(m): 10:02am On Jul 30, 2013
1200 ke,as at d time I bought the form I was number 1511 and that was two weeks ago.
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by yomalex(m): 10:07am On Jul 30, 2013
should have allowed ASCON to handle it
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by mrking3(m): 10:08am On Jul 30, 2013
†ђξ excuse for this SCAM is very weak!!! I read †ђξ other day on one of †ђξ dailies that over 50,000 Graduates applied for just 72 vacancies at NERC! So you can imagine a situation where similar number applies for this Ogun state service commission with a Non Refundable fee of 12k? And at †ђξ end just few persons would be taken! So what becomes of †ђξ rest? This guys are so shameless!! God will punish whoever is involved in this SCAM!!! How can Nigerians be this Heartless? Asking jobless applicants to pay a whoping sum of 12k just to apply for a Job which they're not even sure of passing †ђξ first stage? I repeat! This is SCAM of †ђξ highest order!!! Same way most of us about 1.3m persons paid 900 naira each to apply for Navy exams! What happened at †ђξ end? Only 120 persons were choosen Nation wide!! Smh!!

1 Like

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Korad26: 10:14am On Jul 30, 2013
D form ws sold 4 jst 1k durin last govmt ,govt shld reduced d price
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by luckson3k: 10:17am On Jul 30, 2013
This is what an ACN president will look like, we pay to get NNPC job, national id card job and any federal govt. job. You won't see femi falana or wole Soyinka come to talk about this one. If it is PDP you will see them with their 2 left legs.

GOOD LUCK ALL THE WAY 2015

5 Likes

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by mosesohu: 10:25am On Jul 30, 2013
I personally disagreed with notion that the money is for examination. We cannot be making as a fool,we are all educated so,Ogun State Civil Service Commission should refund the money.Please we are tired of this excused

1 Like

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by taharqa2: 10:38am On Jul 30, 2013
Very WEAK 'defence' from the Ogun State Govt.

Not even Private Cops should collect any money from UNEMPLOYED Prospective Applicants.

Such a Shame
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Luga2013: 10:54am On Jul 30, 2013
Why not employ first and later make the employees register n take d ASCON Exam, instead of making applicants pay and sit 4 an exam when they aren't sure of being employed?

1 Like

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by nemadfsyahooc: 10:55am On Jul 30, 2013
This defense is weak and baseless, I can bet you that politician and power brooks have already allocated these positions to their families, girlfriends and hanger-on, why then are they asking innocent citizens to cough out 12k for a non existing job. Revenue generation tactics.

1 Like

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by SLIDEwaxie(m): 11:13am On Jul 30, 2013
Brimmie: MY TAKE:
In Human resources, when you want to attract talents you spend money, that money is an investment towards the talents you seek to acquire. When you ask people to pay 12k Naira for an Exam they are not sure to pass, a Job they are not sure to get then something is wrong.

What if the best talents cannot afford the money?

The idea or this recruitment drive is laudable if only there was no fee attached to it. I wish Mr Governor will use some of his security vote to offset this for at least 2000 candidates.
dude, pls note dt:

1. The forms are limited

2. Results are pasted, and

3. Qualified candidates goes tru interview and are employed. The cut off mark depends on the highest scores.
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by Brimmie(m): 11:25am On Jul 30, 2013
SLIDE waxie: dude, pls note dt:

1. The forms are limited

2. Results are pasted, and

3. Qualified candidates goes tru interview and are employed. The cut off mark depends on the highest scores.

NOTED!
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by talk2smat(m): 11:37am On Jul 30, 2013
In My Country-NIGERIA, Miracles happen everyday and Anyting Goes.. May God Save Us from these Cabals
Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by thrugemaster(m): 12:54pm On Jul 30, 2013
where social crusader soyinka?

maybe he dey chop dinner for RSGH

1 Like

Re: Ogun Clears Air On Employment Advert by jydemmie(m): 1:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
Now we all come together to drop all forms of comments. U claim to b a graduate yet u can't thnik thru.
No one was forced to buy bt I bliv a rite thinkin person shld read btw d line. I can't fall 4scams lk dt.
Wise up graduates

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

F.R.S.C Replacement / Police Receive 104,289 Applications For 10,000 Jobs / Egbin Power PLC Latest Job Recruitment (5 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.