Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,957 members, 7,821,368 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 12:04 PM

I Need Your Opinion/advice On This (zakkat) - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / I Need Your Opinion/advice On This (zakkat) (756 Views)

Medical Advice On Fasting. I Pray It Helps. / Your Opinion About The Recent Release Of An Anti-islam / Brothers And Sisters, I Need Your Opinion (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Need Your Opinion/advice On This (zakkat) by olajide21: 11:28am On Jul 30, 2013
In the name of Allah, the Most beneficient, the most merciful.
Asalam alaekum waramatullahi wabarakhatuhu. May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon our noble prophet Mohammad (SAW), his household, his companions and the rightly guided who follow his path till the day of judgement.
Dear brothers and sisters in Allah's deen kindly give me your opinion on the following issue.

The last time i paid ZAKAT was in the month of Ramadhan in 2010 and ever since then i never had money or investment or the likes equal or greater than the nisab for a year period. Alhamdullilah, in December 2012, i was able to have more than the nisab in account, by december, 2013 the money (hopefully) would be zakatable after a year at hand. I love to pay the zakat before Ramadhan(july/August) runs out but the money wouldn't have reached the "hawl"(stipulated duration for zakatable items). Is it allowed or i must wait till the mandatory period of 12 months before paying zakkat on such money.
Kindly advice and may Allah reward you as you do so.......
Re: I Need Your Opinion/advice On This (zakkat) by maclatunji: 1:18pm On Jul 30, 2013
^Errr... technically speaking if your money does not meet the criteria for Zakat, what you give will be looked at as Sadaqah by we human beings. God that runs things might look at it differently- we just won't know it until the day of judgement. ;

The decision is yours. grin
Re: I Need Your Opinion/advice On This (zakkat) by deols(f): 6:13pm On Jul 30, 2013
olajide21: In the name of Allah, the Most beneficient, the most merciful.
Asalam alaekum waramatullahi wabarakhatuhu. May the peace and blessing of Allah be upon our noble prophet Mohammad (SAW), his household, his companions and the rightly guided who follow his path till the day of judgement.
Dear brothers and sisters in Allah's deen kindly give me your opinion on the following issue.

The last time i paid ZAKAT was in the month of Ramadhan in 2010 and ever since then i never had money or investment or the likes equal or greater than the nisab for a year period. Alhamdullilah, in December 2012, i was able to have more than the nisab in account, by december, 2013 the money (hopefully) would be zakatable after a year at hand. I love to pay the zakat before Ramadhan(july/August) runs out but the money wouldn't have reached the "hawl"(stipulated duration for zakatable items). Is it allowed or i must wait till the mandatory period of 12 months before paying zakkat on such money.
Kindly advice and may Allah reward you as you do so.......

Wa alaykum salam

You answered your question already with the word, MANDATORY. The condition, one year must be met.

Wa Allahu a'lam
Re: I Need Your Opinion/advice On This (zakkat) by Sissie(f): 11:30am On Aug 04, 2013
deols:

Wa alaykum salam

You answered your question already with the word, MANDATORY. The condition, one year must be met.

Wa Allahu a'lam
according to imam ash-shafi'i, Ahmad and Abu haneefah its permissible to pay zakat before its due time, based on the hadith ibn majah narrated that al-abbass asked the prophet (saw) if he could pay his zakat before his time and he allowed it, this is permissible because its considered a kind of hastening to fo something good.

but imam Malik says the 1 year duration must be met.
so you can choose to follow any school of thought.
Allah knows best.

1 Like

Re: I Need Your Opinion/advice On This (zakkat) by olajide21: 12:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
Sissie:
according to imam ash-shafi'i, Ahmad and Abu haneefah its permissible to pay zakat before its due time, based on the hadith ibn majah narrated that al-abbass asked the prophet (saw) if he could pay his zakat before his time and he allowed it, this is permissible because its considered a kind of hastening to fo something good.

Allah knows best.

Jazakhallahu khairan dear sister.... Alhamdullilah, i have acted in accordance with the first school of taught. May Allah accept it as an act of ibaddah for me and ease your path too... He hears, May he hear and answer you duas.... Asalam alaekum.
Re: I Need Your Opinion/advice On This (zakkat) by deols(f): 12:44pm On Aug 05, 2013
Sissie:

Allah knows best.

Allah know best
Re: I Need Your Opinion/advice On This (zakkat) by Sissie(f): 5:43pm On Aug 05, 2013
olajide21:

Jazakhallahu khairan dear sister.... Alhamdullilah, i have acted in accordance with the first school of taught. May Allah accept it as an act of ibaddah for me and ease your path too... He hears, May he hear and answer you duas.... Asalam alaekum.
Wa yakkum. May Allah accept our acts of ibadah. Amin.
Wa alaikum salam

(1) (Reply)

Islamic Scholar Writes About Experience With Fame And Responsibility / How Did Muhammad Escape Punishment? / Why Muslims Must Lead War Against Terrorism

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.