Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,421 members, 7,954,662 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 05:53 AM

Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? (712 Views)

What Practice Do You Hate In A Particular Church? / Do You Believe The World Will End on 21:12:12? / Would The World End On May 21st, 2011? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? by Nobody: 2:01pm On Jul 30, 2013
I've been thinking about this recently, will this world come to an end one day?

The Catholics talk about 'world without end'. It is believed that when someone dies, the person's world has come to an end. Does this mean we are judged as soon as we die?

The Jehovah Witnesses talk about a new world that will take over this present one when it is destroyed. It is believed that Jesus will be the ruler of this new world and only the righteous ones will inherit the new earth.

Some churchs believe that, there is going to be a last day, when everybody that is dead will be raised from the dead and judged. Is there really a land of the dead where dead ones go to waiting for the last day? Can anyone explain this??
Re: Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? by PastorOluT(m): 2:27pm On Jul 30, 2013
[quote
author=Baybe]I've been thinking about this recently, will this world
come to an end one day?

The Catholics talk about 'world without end'. It is believed that when
someone dies, the person's world has come to an end. Does this mean we
are judged as soon as we die?

The Jehovah Witnesses talk about a new world that will take over this
present one when it is destroyed. It is believed that Jesus will be the
ruler of this new world and only the righteous ones will inherit the new
earth.

Some churchs believe that, there is going to be a last day, when
everybody that is dead will be raised from the dead and judged. Is there
really a land of the dead where dead ones go to waiting for the last
day? Can anyone explain this??[/quote]

I will, but want to know what u believe 'cos u quoted so many sects? And besides this is going to be a long post so let me know where to start from by telling me where u belong?
Re: Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? by Ajasnoop: 2:56pm On Jul 30, 2013
Once you die, your own world has finished and ended.
Re: Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

I will, but want to know what u believe 'cos u quoted so many sects? And besides this is going to be a long post so let me know where to start from by telling me where u belong?
I'm a Catholic
Re: Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? by kunlesehan(m): 1:10pm On Jul 31, 2013
the earth being spherical is quite symbolic.
the supreme God, u may call him whatever name that suits ur conscience, is the alpha and the omega. the beginning and the end. the universe is 1 big continuum my dear.

so pitch ur tent and show some kindness, cos life is a labour of luv.
Re: Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? by PastorOluT(m): 8:28pm On Jul 31, 2013
Baybe: I'm a Catholic

Hmm, there is need for so much unlearning before learning. Forget about what some says or believe and stick to the bible if u are sincere and want not to be lost forever.

I will try to summarise the whole thing. Firstly Jesus Christ coming is going to be in 2 phases, the first phase which is the rapture when all the saint alive would be raptured, meet him in the air and return with Him to Heaven. Then there will will a time of tribulation on the face of the earth for 7 years and the given of the mail of the beast, the first 31/2 will be peaceful and the second one the beast will reveal his true color.

After the tribulation will be the second phase of Christ coming which will end the tribulation, cast the beast, false prophets n all that received the mark of the beast into the lake of fire. Then the devil will be bound for 1000 years in the bottomless pit, and Jesus would set up a kingdom that would last for 1000 years.

After the millennium reign the devil will be released for a while to deceive the people of the world and set to fight the last battle against Christ n the saint, in which fire would descend from the mouth of Christ and devour them and all will be cat into the lake of fire.

After then there will be new Heaven n new Earth n the new Jerusalem would descend from Heaven n we will reign forever and ever in the new kingdom which God set up.

My advice is u get serious with ur faith and study the bible more not just taking my word for it.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Re: Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 08, 2013
Pastor Olu T:

Hmm, there is need for so much unlearning before learning. Forget about what some says or believe and stick to the bible if u are sincere and want not to be lost forever.

I will try to summarise the whole thing. Firstly Jesus Christ coming is going to be in 2 phases, the first phase which is the rapture when all the saint alive would be raptured, meet him in the air and return with Him to Heaven. Then there will will a time of tribulation on the face of the earth for 7 years and the given of the mail of the beast, the first 31/2 will be peaceful and the second one the beast will reveal his true color.

After the tribulation will be the second phase of Christ coming which will end the tribulation, cast the beast, false prophets n all that received the mark of the beast into the lake of fire. Then the devil will be bound for 1000 years in the bottomless pit, and Jesus would set up a kingdom that would last for 1000 years.

After the millennium reign the devil will be released for a while to deceive the people of the world and set to fight the last battle against Christ n the saint, in which fire would descend from the mouth of Christ and devour them and all will be cat into the lake of fire.

After then there will be new Heaven n new Earth n the new Jerusalem would descend from Heaven n we will reign forever and ever in the new kingdom which God set up.

My advice is u get serious with ur faith and study the bible more not just taking my word for it.

Stay blessed and remain rapturable
Thanks
Re: Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? by illicit(m): 6:23am On Sep 11, 2013
your life ends when you die.
Re: Will The World Really Come To An End On A Particular Day? by trent9002(m): 10:31am On Sep 11, 2013
Yeah, someday. But its too far away you probably shouldn't worry about it
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Future_of_the_Earth

(1) (Reply)

What Exactly Do People Mean When They Say They Need A "God-fearing Man/woman"? / Bible Scholars:who Did God Create First Btw Male And Female / Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Senior Pastor Of COZA Speaks In Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.