Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,784 members, 7,827,890 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:39 PM

Dangote Cement Dealership - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Cement Dealership (3991 Views)

Dangote All Smiles Over His $600 Million Dangote Cement Plant In Ethiopia (photo / Dubai Company Buys N48bn Stake In Dangote Cement / Pictures From Dangote Cement Gboko Plant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dangote Cement Dealership by komek(m): 4:48pm On Jul 30, 2013
We just got a license from Dangote Cement as a distributor, we have even secure a bank loan.

Our little problem is knowing how much Distributors sell to retailers because must of these retailers seem not to be telling the truth.

Please if anybody knows a better price for to give out to retailers, contact us yobafantl@yahoo.co.uk or call 07037737433
Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by Akdams(m): 8:37pm On Jul 30, 2013
Next time do your research well before you dabble into things lest you will run into murky waters of unpaid loan.
You might not be able to sleep again o.

However visit any retailer shop pose as,if you want to buy.
Whatever the price they give you ( I think they sell to customers at around 1,850.00.) less your cost plus overhead. You can start from here.
Wish u good luck .
Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by Nobody: 6:51am On Jul 31, 2013
you even got a bank loan.

cement dealership now isnt a choice business. no research and you just jumped. wish you luck. go to construction sites and contractors to find customers. dont sell on credit. calculate your wholesale price at N1500 per bag otherwise they wont buy.

i have two dealerships no turnover....
Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by komek(m): 10:57am On Jul 31, 2013
Akdams: Next time do your research well before you dabble into things lest you will run into murky waters of unpaid loan.
You might not be able to sleep again o.

However visit any retailer shop pose as,if you want to buy.
Whatever the price they give you ( I think they sell to customers at around 1,850.00.) less your cost plus overhead. You can start from here.
Wish u good luck .

If they are selling at that price, then its still a good business. Just that Dangote has pegged the minimum truck at 5 and a truck has about 900 bags. Anyway, i appreciate your advice, thank you.
Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by komek(m): 11:00am On Jul 31, 2013
okpara ugo: you even got a bank loan.

cement dealership now isnt a choice business. no research and you just jumped. wish you luck. go to construction sites and contractors to find customers. dont sell on credit. calculate your wholesale price at N1500 per bag otherwise they wont buy.

i have two dealerships no turnover....

Bros, Wholesale price at that N1500? How much am I getting it from Dangote ? Wahala dey o
Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by Akdams(m): 11:33pm On Jul 31, 2013
komek:

If they are selling at that price, then its still a good business. Just that Dangote has pegged the minimum truck at 5 and a truck has about 900 bags. Anyway, i appreciate your advice, thank you.

Wholesale price is between 1,600 - 1,700.

I used to be a sub dealer way back then. Then I used to collect it from my dealer at 1,450 per bag for a truck load. N10 per bag for loading and N10 per bag for off loading at delivery point.. I sell more to construction site at between 1,570 - 1,600 per bag for truck load. I always tried to maintain a minimum of N100 profit on each bag.
Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by komek(m): 9:36am On Aug 01, 2013
Akdams:

Wholesale price is between 1,600 - 1,700.

I used to be a sub dealer way back then. Then I used to collect it from my dealer at 1,450 per bag for a truck load. N10 per bag for loading and N10 per bag for off loading at delivery point.. I sell more to construction site at between 1,570 - 1,600 per bag for truck load. I always tried to maintain a minimum of N100 profit on each bag.

Thank you so much, my aim also is to make a hundred naira from a bag after all expenses. Buh i really need to be in the field mysef to check things out, becos it seems thgis retailers are not really interested in giving out info. But why did you leave the business sir?
Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by Akdams(m): 12:01am On Aug 02, 2013
komek:

Thank you so much, my aim also is to make a hundred naira from a bag after all expenses. Buh i really need to be in the field mysef to check things out, becos it seems thgis retailers are not really interested in giving out info. But why did you leave the business sir?

I change my dealer all in the name of cheaper price from Lafarge. The new dealer was actually sincere but the guy who happened to be one of their staff, who marketed me collected my money (N1m) and runaway with. Since 2007. Up till now nothing. I borrowed the money from the bank then. Have paid back sha. The hard way.
Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by Nobody: 6:50am On Aug 02, 2013
Akdams:

I change my dealer all in the name of cheaper price from Lafarge. The new dealer was actually sincere but the guy who happened to be one of their staff, who marketed me collected my money (N1m) and runaway with. Since 2007. Up till now nothing. I borrowed the money from the bank then. Have paid back sha. The hard way.

hmm, business risks. May God guide us all. Its better someone is owing you than someone absconded with your money. I am being owed close to such amount for more than a year now but once their contract gets funded, i will receive my money.
Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by komek(m): 12:47pm On Aug 02, 2013
These are my fear in this type of business, would the bank hear such thing? though , i will rather make a fifty naira than been owed.
okpara ugo:

hmm, business risks. May God guide us all. Its better someone is owing you than someone absconded with your money. I am being owed close to such amount for more than a year now but once their contract gets funded, i will receive my money.
Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by komek(m): 12:49pm On Aug 02, 2013
Akdams:

Honesty is one virtue we lack in this part of the world. What is 1m that one will abscound with? I guess he forgot their is a tomorrow. We learn on daily basis. it is really a bad experience .

1 Like

Re: Dangote Cement Dealership by iseeicome: 1:36am On Oct 15, 2017

(1) (Reply)

Hard Wood Charcoal Export Contract Available / Waste Plastic Bottle Buyers Needed Urgently / How To Make Good Money From A Restaurant Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.