Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,025 members, 7,818,027 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:29 AM

HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use (2740 Views)

Adverse effects of adding too much engine oil to a car / Knowledge 101: Which Engine Oil To Buy? / Best Engine Oil For Honda Baby Boy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by Cmanforall: 7:58pm On Jul 30, 2013
Pls my fellow NLders and car gurus... I seriously need assistance in this situation now.

I want to service my corolla 2007model.
I don't knw the̶̲̥̅̊ engine oil to use. On the̶̲̥̅̊ oil seal, d wrote 5W30.. This not available in d market. I had to use google, and I found out its for temperate regions whr thr temp is low.

the̶̲̥̅̊ ride is jst few months old on my custody, d owner soldd it 2me b4 travln abroad. Then it was recently serviced. And my bad was I neva asked d oil he uses.

Pls I need ur help to knw the̶̲̥̅̊ type of oil I shd buy for the̶̲̥̅̊ servicing.

Another thing is dt d car keeps showing me 'maintenance required' on the̶̲̥̅̊ dashboard. Pls is thr anything wrong with this? What should I do about it?

Your contributions are highly welcome... This my 1st baby.. smiley pls help me. Thank Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ .
Re: HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by nissparts(m): 9:17pm On Jul 30, 2013
5w30 and 5w40 fully synthetic engine oils are available. You can call me for that

For the maintenance required light, follow the procedure below

Turn ignition key to 'ON' and press the odometer button until the display reads ODO... not Trip A or B.

Turn ignition key to OFF.

Hold in the same button you used in step 1.

While holding the button in, turn ignition key to 'ON'.

ODOMETER will change to

5 dashes - - - - -

Then 4 dashes - - - -

Then 3 dashes - - -

Then 2 dashes - -

Then 1 dash -

THEN all zeros 0 0 0 0 0

Then back to Trip A

The Maintenance Required light should blink and go out.

1 Like

Re: HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by Cmanforall: 10:29pm On Jul 30, 2013
nissparts: 5w30 and 5w40 fully synthetic engine oils are available. You can call me for that

For the maintenance required light, follow the procedure below

Turn ignition key to 'ON' and press the odometer button until the display reads ODO... not Trip A or B.

Turn ignition key to OFF.

Hold in the same button you used in step 1.

While holding the button in, turn ignition key to 'ON'.

ODOMETER will change to

5 dashes - - - - -

Then 4 dashes - - - -

Then 3 dashes - - -

Then 2 dashes - -

Then 1 dash -

THEN all zeros 0 0 0 0 0

Then back to Trip A

The Maintenance Required light should blink and go out.

Thank Ÿ̲̣̣̣̥ø̲̣̣̥u̶̲̥̅̊ very much for ds info.

Buh about the̶̲̥̅̊ engine oil, wil anything b wrong if I use d 5w30 in ds our climate region? And wat if that's not d oil d previous user was using, wil it harm d engine? f
Re: HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by nissparts(m): 10:31pm On Jul 30, 2013
Your engine performs optimally with that grade irrespective of weather conditions.
It does not matter if it was not used previously

1 Like

Re: HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by Funjay(m): 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2013
always use the right oil specifications. I bot 5w 30 (Castrol) for my Toyota recently at 1st gate beside Zenith Bank Agidingbi Lagos. I tink it should be available at Ladipo market too.

1 Like

Re: HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by kingschild123(m): 12:46pm On Aug 02, 2013
Why not just go for VISCO 2000 from Forte Oil

1 Like

Re: HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by kingschild123(m): 12:54pm On Aug 02, 2013
Saw this in a former thread with similar topic don't know if it might be of help to you see below

"You can get 5w20 and 5w30 oils now. A
company in Yaba ( SOLUTIONS PLUS )
sells them. Their nos are 0803 555 9999 and
0808 537 3626."

1 Like

Re: HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by supermirab: 1:37am On Aug 05, 2013
5w20-30 not thick oils, if you cant find on market try 10w30 but mix it with engine protector for longer performance

1 Like

Re: HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by anneki(m): 11:12am On Nov 14, 2013
5w-20 and 5w-30 oils can be ordered online from konga.com, www.jumia.com, & www.webmallng.com
Re: HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by Tomiccell: 4:55pm On Dec 09, 2013
@ Cmanforall, just wanted to find out what Engine oil you ended up using?
Re: HHHEEELLLPPP: Best Engine Oil To Use by ernestnna: 9:50pm On Jul 29, 2015
I was going around looking for how to make the best choice of lubricants to use in my car and i was happy to have found this information in this post (Know how to choose the right lubricants ( http://epoxyoil.com/index.php/know-how-to-choose-the-right-engine-oil-and-lubricants ) and i think it is very helpful in anyone trying to make similar decision on what kind of oil to use for their cars, let me know if you have any other leads to similar information?

(1) (Reply)

Are You An Automatic Gearbox Wrecker? / Automotive Electrical Electronics Systems And Diagnostics Technician Training / Carburator Or Injector What's Your Take

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.