Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,584 members, 7,958,807 topics. Date: Thursday, 26 September 2024 at 02:07 AM

Buzz If You: - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Buzz If You: (1459 Views)

Books With Buzz On Amazon / Publish Your Own News Articles On The Buzz News Network Site (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Buzz If You: by molluma(f): 4:01pm On May 26, 2006
has any one read pillars of the earth by ken follet?
Re: Buzz If You: by Zahymaka(m): 7:49pm On May 26, 2006
I read only part of it but lost interest. Follett is better in his element when he writes WWII thrillers [like Jackdaws and Hornet Flight] or thrillers in general [like Lie Down with Lions] -- the history stuff was very dull.
Re: Buzz If You: by molluma(f): 5:10pm On May 28, 2006
really i read the book and totally enjoyed it
Re: Buzz If You: by Zahymaka(m): 5:18pm On May 28, 2006
Wow. Well that's you -- different people, different tastes.
Re: Buzz If You: by molluma(f): 5:21pm On May 28, 2006
and i hv recommended the book to so many people, i hope the enjoy it o, i have my reputation as a person with good taste in novels to protect.
Re: Buzz If You: by Zahymaka(m): 5:54pm On May 28, 2006
Molluma, I'm sure your reputation'll be protected. Like I said, I prefer thrillers -- have you checked out his thrillers?

I'm not saying the book isn't good, but that was his first foray into something that isn't meant to be a thriller. He eventually gave up and went back to thrillers. What made me drop it was that I expected something thrilling. grin grin
Re: Buzz If You: by molluma(f): 6:04pm On May 28, 2006
wink yes his thrillers are really cool have you read the thrid twin? or hammer of eden

(1) (Reply)

ONLY FOR LOVE "Episode 17" Written By @saint_haywhy / "The Marriage Vow" / #DiaryOfACountryGirl

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.