Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,257 members, 7,818,880 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:13 AM

Short Story: Alive - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Short Story: Alive (580 Views)

The Last Virgin Alive - Season 2 / How To Feel Alive / Wanted - Dead Or Alive (a Spy Thriller) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Short Story: Alive by Diamondwriter(m): 7:53pm On Aug 01, 2013
I looked across the window fromwhere i was seated.I could see the evergreen plantations that spread kilometers awayacross boundaries,the thatched but glorious roofs that complimented the orange raysfrom the sun and i perceived the pleasant scent of air thatspelt pacific.I knew we were inafrica.
So this was it.I was finally goinghome to the persons i loved most in the world.Those who prayed without season for me even when i was seasaway and not known to be dead or alive.I was on my way to see the first lady of my life.The woman in whom i took shelter for months more than my first session at Harvard.The woman who bestowed the first,tearful and most gracious smile at me.I wasgoing to see thewoman i called Mother.
And there was the greatest man in the world.The man in whose mentorship you could never get lost.His words i believed were chiselled from the personal journal of Solomon.The man who i owed everything in life to.I called him Papa.
I will be death itself before i could forget my siblings.God toldus to love our neighbour as ourselves but he knows i love them more than myself and now iwas finally goingto be with them.
As i gazed on,lost in thoughts of what was going to be,i felt a vibe beneath myfeet but i ignored.It happened again,still i ignored it,then i moved against my will with great force and hit hard against something else;it was someone else.What was happening?
The turmoil got worse as the plane now swayed from east to west which sent most of the passengers flying against one another.I managed to holdstill as i closed my eyes and prayed silently to God.I lost anyhope of survival but prayed for my family.I asked God to give them the fortitude to bearthe weight of losing me but for a minute it looked like God got a different message as the plane became stable which was a great relief for us all.
It did last long though as just when the hostess was about to give usthe ‘it was just a little glitch’ speech,we felt the plane spin dangerously again.Only this time it was worse than the first and i knew we weren’t going to survive it.I was right.The plane had caught fire from the rear and we must have been too preoccupied to notice we were going down.I reached to my pocket and pulled out my rosary.As i prayed,my family flashed before my mind’s eyes.I felt an earthquake in my heart.I wasn’t going to see them afterall.Then wewent down and everything wentblack.
Was this how it felt to be dead?It felt so normal and i was too tired for a dead person or that’sthe way it oughtto be?
I opened my eyes and saw the blue cloud above me,it wasbeautiful.I was inheaven i guessed;cool.Then i sighted a helicopter across the sky.A helicopter in heaven?I managed to stand up right before me i saw the plane i had boarded in pieces.Was i alive?Yes ,i wasalive!….
THE END
http://writerstab./2013/07/28/alive/
Re: Short Story: Alive by slap1(m): 8:05am On Aug 02, 2013
Good, but I don't get the last part. How did you escape? Was it a dream? Were you in heaven? Where did the chopper come from?
Re: Short Story: Alive by Diamondwriter(m): 9:43am On Aug 03, 2013
slap1: Good, but I don't get the last part. How did you escape? Was it a dream? Were you in heaven? Where did the chopper come from?
i survived. It wasn't heaven,it was the crash site

(1) (Reply)

Publisher / Two Of The World Most Controversial Books Are Set To Be Released Check It Out!!! / The Hunter Became The Hunted

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.