Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,864 members, 7,810,292 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:57 AM

7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! - Nairaland / General (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! (27117 Views)

Stories Of The People Behind Famous Photographs In World History. / 10 Of The Dumbest Criminals In World History. / 5-year-old Nigerian Passess Uk’s Gce… Makes World History (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by HOTsnow(m): 7:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
*Ayo Efunkoya, my friend who graduated as the best student from Mass Comm Dept, Unilag * << yeah I rmmbr back then AYO borrowed a course in my dept and got the highest shocked . Infact ayo cook beans in d hostel himself *one of his favorite*! smiley. U dictate d note to him and d whole thng wil b magneted to his brain within minutes lipsrsealed ...God is wonderful cool

1 Like

Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by drdams: 7:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
Where do you put FANNY CROSBY - greatest hymn writer with over 8000 hymns to her credit. She was blind from birth cos of an incompetent doctor.

Chk out ur hymnals n u wud c a lot of her piece.

1 Like

Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Sanbuchi: 8:02pm On Aug 05, 2013
What about steve wonder?
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by logica(m): 8:50pm On Aug 05, 2013
Sanbuchi: What about steve wonder?
Oh yeah. No Stevie, no Ray Charles.
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by yahwehreigns: 8:59pm On Aug 05, 2013
The stories are unbelievable. But what abt Fanny Crosby.
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 05, 2013
Utmost determination knows no excuses.

This tells me, there is no reason for me to fail in life.

1 Like

Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by supaeagles(m): 9:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
imsu.boi:
funny enough, I posted this same topic some months ago. SMH
www.nairaland.com/1328505/7-amazing-blind-people
Eyaaaa.... It is indeed true, you are the original original poster. If it is any consolation, I have "liked" your thread and the OP of this thread should buy you one beer (or mineral if you don't take alcohol).
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by delors(m): 9:54pm On Aug 05, 2013
A-town:

Agbaya ni wa ooo. Chei. It is not from my mouth that you will hear that i watched this "film" at that time lipsrsealed
Lol...Dont worry, your secret is safe with me grin grin grin grin grin...Bad film then, hilariously embarrassing now. grin
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by starmehigh: 10:27pm On Aug 05, 2013
delors: Nice but what about this 1980s Blind Swordman in the film 'The warrior and the Blind swordman'? If your saw this movie then, you don old ooooo. The Blind guy was hilariously amazing grin grin grin. Enjoy.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsgJc6QY-mU

hahahaha
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Jbgurl: 10:51pm On Aug 05, 2013
Marine*etyon:
What abt the blind driver that was caught in lagos, that have been driving for over 15yrs. God is infinitely wonderful!
dat was a deaf driver not blind.
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by lamp5: 10:53pm On Aug 05, 2013
Clitoris:
Was about asking same question. But if you ask me, that blind driver among them should be arrested for suicide attempt and conspiracy to cause accidents and harm to other road users.
The driver was just a test for new car invension for the blinds.
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Adesam01(m): 10:58pm On Aug 05, 2013
Awesome God!
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Revolva(m): 11:14pm On Aug 05, 2013
angry angry angry Hey what of Ray Charles and Uncle Stevie Wonder.....na lie jor..that list is fake...if there aint these two folks
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Horus(m): 12:14am On Aug 06, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4uKUMHXEZbk

Stevie Wonder - Ribbon In The Sky Live in Tokyo Japan
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by abdulslutsky(m): 12:43am On Aug 06, 2013
Any blind footballer?

winkAny blind footballer?

1 Like

Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by goddyjay(m): 12:45am On Aug 06, 2013
freecocoa: Haaa!

Which one is legally blind again?so blindness can be illegal? Never knew o.

They are really amazing though sounds kinda impossible, well impossible is really nothing like they say.
would you let a blind man fly a plane while you're inside? There just some things blind people shouldn't do, when they do we'll call it illegal blindness.......
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by supaeagles(m): 2:21am On Aug 06, 2013
abdulslutsky: winkAny blind footballer?
Yes, all the open goal misses here in this video are by footballers who can claim that they were temporarily legally blind
grin grin
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by babsomotde(m): 2:44am On Aug 06, 2013
This really challenged me now. I get eyes... Chai. God, help me to do more and impact on others positively in Life.
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Double27: 6:14am On Aug 06, 2013
My friends in the uni then Francis, Emeka and George all blind but competing well with those with sight.
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Ecash1: 6:21am On Aug 06, 2013
Steve Wonder
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by 2nedo(m): 7:17am On Aug 06, 2013
The list is incomplete without steve wonder.
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by sinie: 7:47am On Aug 06, 2013
What about Joan Brock...
She lived as a widow, a single mother and a business woman all the while being blind.
She went on to become an inspirational speaker and even appeared at the million dollar round table and was recognised there as one of the most inspiring personality. The book and movie 'more than meets the eye' was based on her life story. If she's not considered amazing then I don't know who is.
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Nobody: 7:56am On Aug 06, 2013
what about ERIK WEIHENMAYER- d frst blind man that climbed mount Everest
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Phemt(m): 9:29am On Aug 06, 2013
Gracedpen: The photographer sef na wa. Infact, all of them no blind. How come the photographer go know if I don comot for him front?

cheesy...Since he uses his sense of touch, sound and smell to create photographs...if he is not touching you, I suppose he is "smelling" your absence...
n@ dem s@bl
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Nobody: 11:02am On Aug 06, 2013
impossible is nothing! God is awesome
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Abee79(m): 11:02am On Aug 06, 2013
Nice piece, but I was expecting to see the names of Ray Charles (Musician), Stevie Wonder (Musician) and the many visually impaired geniuses we have in Nigeria. undecided
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Deko1(m): 12:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
dasparrow: @Post

God is amazing! Even the disabled are able.
yes oh,he makes d imposible 2 be possible,praise him
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by Zillight: 1:01pm On Aug 06, 2013
cry Steve Wonder and Cobhams are simply Africans. . . They shld have made it 2 d list too cry
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by BrawnSuga(f): 1:06pm On Aug 06, 2013
Steve Wonders name was not mentioned.The blind muscian.
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by JimloveTM(m): 2:00pm On Aug 06, 2013
God is amazing.. We got no excuse for our failures.. for if a blind man can accomplish all this, then what is our excuse with hands and bodies complete
Re: 7 Amazing Blind People In The World's History! by enigmatique(m): 9:32pm On Aug 06, 2013
I duff my hat for this great men and women. Wow, these achievements of theirs is awesome. Indeed, I duff my heart again!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ambode Declares Second Lekki-epe Expressway Toll-free / What Do You Do When You're Bored And Alone In The House / Man Bites Snake To Death In Revenge For Biting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.