Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,434 members, 7,819,577 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:24 PM

DSTV HAUNTING DONGLE SELLERS: A NEED FOR CAUTION BY ALL AND SUNDRY - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / DSTV HAUNTING DONGLE SELLERS: A NEED FOR CAUTION BY ALL AND SUNDRY (5436 Views)

How To Overcome Spending Without Caution / Bishop Oyedepo Calls For Caution On Islamic Banking / GTB Current Account Holders: A Need Referees (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

DSTV HAUNTING DONGLE SELLERS: A NEED FOR CAUTION BY ALL AND SUNDRY by miitcash(m): 6:54am On Aug 04, 2013
ARE DONGLES LEGAL?

LET ME NOW TRASH THIS ONCE AND FOR ALL: IS CCCAM LEGAL, ARE DONGLES LEGAL, ARE IPTV LEGAL?:

The fourth question will be, which is the legal way to watch satellite televison.

Like i said earlier, am an activist against youth exploitation in areas where i have vast knowledge. I started way back with mobile phones browsing tricks and i didn’t stop until All Major Gsm operators slashed their tarrif plans and data bundles. And as i speak with you today, i only use paid data plan to surf the internet. Why can’t Dstv multichoice africa do the same? Why can’t canal horizon slash their subscription packages? Why did the only indegenous satellite provider in Nigeria fold up? Why is Nigeria satellite tv scene dominated by foreigners? Why can’t mytv add more sports and movies channels? Why is Gotv by multichoice(though cheap) does not reach out to all Nigerians, The questions goes on and on. And i will keep on giving information about alternative means of enjoying satellite tv unless D*tv, slash their tariff, Canalssat slash their tarrif, or Mytv add more sport and movies stations. The last questions is thatWhy can’t dstv simply block their service from being hacked into once and for all.

IS USING A DONGLE OR A CCCAM WITH A DECODER LEGAL OR NOT:

What is dongle: From Wiki;

A dongle is an hardware key (commonly known as a dongle) is an electronic copy protection and content protection device which, when attached to a computer or other electronic appliance, unlocks software functionality or decodes content. The hardware key is programmed with a product key or other cryptographic protection mechanism; it attaches via electrical connector to an external bus of the computer or appliance.

When used as a software protection device, dongles mostly appear as two-interface security tokens with transient data flow that does not interfere with other dongle functions and a pull communication that reads security data from the dongle. Without the dongle, the software may run only in a restricted mode, or not at all. When used as a device attached to a computer or TV or gaming console, dongles can enable functions that would not be present without it. For example, a dongle attached to a TV may receive an encoded video stream, decode it in the dongle, and then present this audio and video information to the TV. Adongle is used with a box in flashing of mobile phones(mostly old phone) Put simply that a dongle is a gateway to access something on an electronic device like computer, decoder, Tv E.T.C

What Then is a Satellite/ Decoder/ Dongle:

As explained above, it is a gateway, however gprs dongles are used to watch satellite tv unofficially with a dongle compatible decoder. That is watch channels from a particular satellite without using that particular satellite package.

The issue of legality of dongles in Africa especially Nigeria is a security issue. For example dongles is used everywhere but mostly by low income earners like me. But in Nigeria, everyone wants to use a dongle to watch satellite tv because with all the satellite packages available to Nigerians, the rich also cries. So as long as a dongle is not used with dstv decoder, mytv decoders or canalsat decoders, it is tagged illegal in Nigeria and it is indeed an act of illegality born out of oppression by satellite companies in Nigeria.But instead of our government ot look into this, just like they did with GSM companies, they ignore it for now.If prices of satellite subscriptions goes down, dongles will not be used anymore.

Is CCCAM LEGAL:

The answer to this is ye and No, cccam is legal in other continents apart from africa. this is so absurd that only africa has to suffer. In Uk,USA, CANADa.. etc, they use cccam with their decoders without fera of harassment and prosecution. but in Nigeria, everthing must be illegal and expensive. So within this context i will say CCCAM is illegal in Nigeria because DSTV says so. Or because dst* must explore Nigerians.

IS IPTV LEGAL:

Fortunately and unfortunately, IPTV is absolutely legal. But is is almost a no go area in NIgeria for two reasons, i. IPTV Consumes a whole lot of data, ii. Nigerian Network is very bad and iPTv will not work with edge.

WHAT IS THEN LEGAL TO WATCH SATELLITE TELEVISION IN NIGERIA?

The legal ways are legal, i. Watching paytv through IPTV. ii. watching free to air channels like malagasy, mytv, nilesat e.t.c…

WHY THEN DO WE USE THE ILLEGAL WAY TO WATCH DONGLES:

The answer is obvious, exorbitant charges by satellite providers in africa and other developing continents when compared to a developed continent.

WHAT IS THE PERMANENT SOLUTIONS TO THIS PROBLEM?

There available solutions are: i. data palns should be reduced to the bearest minimum so that everyone can afford it, There should be improvement in 3g network as well as the introduction of 4g network into all areas in Nigeria.More satellite companies should enter to dethrone dstv. ii. Dstv should slash their tariff plans or at worst allow people to pay per view. i mean they should give people the liberty to select the channels they wish to watch and not choose for them. You will see dongle business will fail instantly.

HOW THIS AFFECT LEMMY MORGAN?

This significantly affects me..What i am doing is simply enlightening on satellite products, but it seems to be getting out of hand as people are abusing it. I receive strange calls all day from people i don’t personally give my number. Against this back drop, i have deleted my contacts from my social media pages. If you call me using a strange number, then you may receive an hostile ressponse. Imust personally give you my number through my email before you can call me.

WHAT LEMMY MORGAN IS:

Like i said above, am simply a satellite and mobile phones enthusiast.. I do root android, jailbreak iOS devices, hack nokia symbian and unlock windows 8 phone OS.. all this activities are performed world over and it is not tagged as illegal though they are actually illegal. Alternative means of watching satellite tv is another area i enjoy due to the fact that i can’t afford dstv premium subscription. which means if i get money i will quit i sorry i wanted to say if dstv slash their tarrif, i will quit totally.
I am not a scammer, am not an iporter or exporter and am not a yahoo yahoo boy. If i were to be any of the above, i won’t have the time to be writing all this lengthy articles.
Am a student for now.
What i hate most is dupping people though i have been duped many times mysel simply because i don’t import stuffs. I only get it for people test it, and send it down. And for security reasons, I don’t stick with just one person.
You cannot see more than one decoder in my room i give other to my close friends and anytime i need to conduct research on any of them, i get it from my friend or family.

NEW RULES OF DEALING WITH ME STARTING FROM TODAY ;

If you are transacting business with me, you may not even have cause to call me until all is done
Am pleading with everyone who can afford dstv packages to subscribe.
Am pleading with all average Nigerians to at least have a dstv decoder and subscribe to whatever plan they can afford(this will help when dongle mess up)
The only two means of contacting me is through this blog and through my email which can be found here
I congratulate those who have already been dealing with me
Those who wish to deal with me must first put the issue of distrust to one side or else we can never get along
Those who wish to get me or set me up by offering enticing deals will fail woefully because i am not a dealer, and i am not greedy by nature.
I must personally give you my number through email before i can be friendly with you on phone
Don’t drop your number on this site and don’t drop your email. you can always contact me using the site’t contact form
I repeat am always realistic, practical and honest about my dealings with people
Only those who can abide by the above terms and conditions should contact me to buy things through me.

WARNING WARNING WARNINGS!!!! I hereby advice all those who sell dongles out there never to meet one one one with their customer no matter what. even if he is your next door neighbour.Secondly know the kind of information you give existing or prospective cutomers. please don’t let greed land you in trouble.Please don’t advertise dongle, dongles will advertise itself.Soccer viewing center beware of using dongle. If you ar using dongle personally you are absolutely safe

2 Likes

Re: DSTV HAUNTING DONGLE SELLERS: A NEED FOR CAUTION BY ALL AND SUNDRY by oyasbobo: 4:24pm On Sep 06, 2013
Thanks for ur advice man well said
Re: DSTV HAUNTING DONGLE SELLERS: A NEED FOR CAUTION BY ALL AND SUNDRY by kaypetals(m): 3:02pm On Sep 15, 2013
I am a guy and not a Gay, but l simply love u!
Re: DSTV HAUNTING DONGLE SELLERS: A NEED FOR CAUTION BY ALL AND SUNDRY by kaypetals(m): 3:06pm On Sep 15, 2013
...call yourself ethical hacker! More ororo to your elbow! May your enemies in the course of your ethical hacking be hacked to death! Ase!!!
Re: DSTV HAUNTING DONGLE SELLERS: A NEED FOR CAUTION BY ALL AND SUNDRY by arbitrage: 10:56pm On Sep 15, 2013
Informative! This is the first time I am getting to know that IPTV will be consuming my data bundles. I have been searching for several weeks now for the best IPTV package that will offer me thousands of TV channels but the manufacturers and sellers are all talking of minimum of 2Mbps internet speed for connection but they never mention that it will need my gigabytes of data too. I wish BT, Sky, Virgin, Bell and other foreign media companies could come to Nigeria to operate whenever I see the package of channels, data connection and voice calls they offer in one. No such company in Nigeria offer the three services together. Imagine Virgin UK offering their packages of high definition TV channels with your internet data services (up to 100 Mbps speed) and phone call services in one box at a price that is less than what DSTV is charging for only TV channels. I felt like I wasted my money few months ago when I bought DSTV HD PVR decoder as I saw that they are still on just 6 HD channels all these years. Some IPTV boxes will offer packages of HD and even 3D channels in addition to SD in their hundreds.

Do you know if Apple TV, Google TV, Roku, etc of North America can work here in Nigeria? Do you have idea of their channel list? I prefer foreign channels to DSTV channels. Some of the Arabic, Indian, Russian, Chinese and European IPTVs will offer those live sports channels (English Barclay's Premier League, Italian Serie A, Spanish La Liga, etc) that Nigerians even want more than DSTV is offering on Supersport. We just need better internet backbone in Nigeria. I am waiting for Swift Networks who said they are about packaging Long Term Evolution (LTE) internet speed technology. Their so called 4g is often not as fast as a mobile phone 3g speed in the UK and US. IPTV gives you unlimited coverage of channels than the monopolised DSTV. Some of the IPTV packages are annual subscription payments while some Chinese manufacturers on Alibaba and Aliexpress offer lifetime option.
Re: DSTV HAUNTING DONGLE SELLERS: A NEED FOR CAUTION BY ALL AND SUNDRY by mrkels(m): 12:02am On Sep 30, 2013
How do I get all these at the lowest possible price ?

Btw, arbitrage, you got mail, kindly respond !
Re: DSTV HAUNTING DONGLE SELLERS: A NEED FOR CAUTION BY ALL AND SUNDRY by signature2012(m): 6:44pm On Sep 30, 2013
@op plz hw do I get ur mail,I need ur assistance.

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria’s Forex Inflow Hits $15bn In First Quarter / Elon Musk Posts A Meme Showing Him, Trump And Kanye West As The 3 Musketeers / Gt Bank Akowonjo! Very Dangerous

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.