Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,313 members, 7,822,541 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:38 PM

Youwin Business Competition 2013 - Business (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (390062 Views)

Tips For Youwin Business Competition For 2015 / Apllication For YOUWIN Business Competition Extended To January 21st, 2014 / Youwin Business Competition 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (149) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sportfeva(m): 5:16pm On Dec 05, 2013
j.tenna:
Hi everyone! I pray dat as we all try to better our lives tru gainful self employment, dat God will have mercy on us and see us tru. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen. Pls my question is, can a graduate apply? And must it be agro-based. I checked out past winners, most are agro-base proposals. Thanks
Yeah, you are eligible and it doesn't have to be agro-based alone. You can apply for any entrepreneur skill base on your passion but it has to be something you can start small. Not like shipping or oil exploration wink. Hope you got me. This article can help you about eligibility.===>https://www.youwin.org.ng/apply-now
Also, check out this article----YouWiN 3 Questions, Explanations and Life Sample----http://dayoadetiloye.com/youwin-3-questions-explanations-life-sample/
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jtenna: 6:58pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thanks sportfeva, i am just skeptical because last year i applied for Youwin, my proposal a magazine production plan but i was rejected. So u see. I really want 2 win dis time n i need a step-by-step guide. Some pls help.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sportfeva(m): 7:13pm On Dec 05, 2013
j.tenna:
Thanks sportfeva, i am just skeptical because last year i applied for Youwin, my proposal a magazine production plan but i was rejected. So u see. I really want 2 win dis time n i need a step-by-step guide. Some pls help.
You're most welcome. For resources, just search Youwin on Nairaland local search and you will be provided with great quality results. For a quick step by step guide, you can sign-up to these free resources and always visit the website without the [/xxxxxxx]===>http://dayoadetiloye.com/freegift.html
You will surely win the grant. Just make sure you have faith with passion, capability and be vast in the field even-though you are gonna or must employ some hands. Good luck and everyone.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:39pm On Dec 05, 2013
j.tenna:
magazine is a bad idea, the competition is too steep and magazine is a luxury item that people won't beg you to purchase, it is something only people with spare cash pay attention to and that is quite rare in Nigeria. Please be innovative and write a plan based on a product or service that people need. You can talk with me in private so we can fine tune your present plan, that is if you do not want to share your plan here which I strongly kick against.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sportfeva(m): 8:01pm On Dec 05, 2013
blink182: magazine is a bad idea, the competition is too steep and magazine is a luxury item that people won't beg you to purchase, it is something only people with spare cash pay attention to and that is quite rare in Nigeria. Please be innovative and write a plan based on a product or service that people need. You can talk with me in private so we can fine tune your present plan, that is if you do not want to share your plan here which I strongly kick against.
@J.tenna, it is true that your magazine business idea cannot fly but what can fly is a printing press business plan. If you have a printing press, you can print any magazine and any book at any time and with the printing press business idea, you can employ more people. Get 100 ideas that can win YouWiN3-----go here----http://www.dayoadetiloye.com/100-business-ideas-can-win-youwin-3-unveiled/
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:55pm On Dec 05, 2013
sportfeva:
@J.tenna, it is true that your magazine business idea cannot fly but what can fly is a printing press business plan. If you have a printing press, you can print any magazine and any book at any time and with the printing press business idea, you can employ more people. Get 100 ideas that can win YouWiN3-----go here----http://www.dayoadetiloye.com/100-business-ideas-can-win-youwin-3-unveiled/
very true but I doubt she's knowledgeable about running a press. With a press she could have gotten a Heidelberg guillotine for N2m and one colour 201 machine for N4.5m but that would have been rejected too as those machines are outdated and break down frequently from old age. The modern printer is direct imaging but costs upwards of N40m for brand new.

1 Like

Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by sportfeva(m): 9:07pm On Dec 05, 2013
Thanks for the contribution @blink182. That's why i gave that web-link for 100s business ideas she could do base on her passion and a little know-how at least.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Patiladwonder(m): 12:54am On Dec 06, 2013
obiscolly: What criteria is used to select applicants through the second stage?
Innovative idea with good and well written business plan will take to next stage of 6000 participants.

Obummalachy: the question "How much money do you plan to take out of the business personally"? means how much wil you take as salary from the business
Between 0-30,000 maximum.

Mftivi: Name five of your existing or expected top customers, How will you attract these customers to your point of sale? I need more explanation of this question. my customers are established business and services in Nigeria. do I write their names one by one? I hope someone understands my question
You write there names one by one.

Tayeni: Someone on one other thread said to put 6 months as the break-even period. How laughable! Even to my naive ears 6months sound so unbelievable.
What makes your business to break even is dependent on your sales per month. If you can sell very well, you could quickly break-even within the 6 months or even make profit self.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by chizzybee: 6:02am On Dec 06, 2013
Thanks for ur prompt response. How do I then cover the fixed capital cost if I don't structure it in the production cost for a service business? Blink pls, I need to discuss with u. Text me ur no on 08124214764. Thanks a lot.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 6:29am On Dec 06, 2013
chizzybee: Thanks for ur prompt response. How do I then cover the fixed capital cost if I don't structure it in the production cost for a service business? Blink pls, I need to discuss with u. Text me ur no on 08124214764. Thanks a lot.
I sent you my number via mail already. Call me.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Preciouskc: 7:13am On Dec 06, 2013
Pls guys in d house i have registered for youwin 4 more than six places wit d/ft computers bt no responce frm dem, no password sent 2m. Pls guys hw did u pepl d ur own.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 7:19am On Dec 06, 2013
Preciouskc: Pls guys in d house i have registered for youwin 4 more than six places wit d/ft computers bt no responce frm dem, no password sent 2m. Pls guys hw did u pepl d ur own.
we did it when there was no rush, that's the problem with waiting until the last minute, you should try contacting them via mail.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jtenna: 7:29am On Dec 06, 2013
Thanks so much blink n sportfeva for those wonderful contribution. Printing press is a great idea. I will look into it. I am sure i could find a mechine dat would maybe be less dan 10m. And pls is publishing books eco-friendly?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by jtenna: 7:41am On Dec 06, 2013
@Blink how do i contact u. And pls wen is d closing date of d program?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by fagin1982(m): 8:09am On Dec 06, 2013
Preciouskc: Pls guys in d house i have registered for youwin 4 more than six places wit d/ft computers bt no responce frm dem, no password sent 2m. Pls guys hw did u pepl d ur own.

Check you Spam mails .The password should be there ...
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:40am On Dec 06, 2013
j.tenna:
Thanks so much blink n sportfeva for those wonderful contribution. Printing press is a great idea. I will look into it. I am sure i could find a mechine dat would maybe be less dan 10m. And pls is publishing books eco-friendly?
printing is not an eco-friendly business, paper is made from trees. I doubt you will find a cheap modern machine and if you do please remember you have to pay rent, do installation, get competent staff, run office impress, pay for utilities etc. At the end of the day your total could be over N10m. Remember also to go into a business you can run completely on your own so you can trouleshoot when the need arises.

If you really want to run a press then make sure you know how to produce a print from design to to film production to lithography to colour separation to plate production etc basically everything.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:41am On Dec 06, 2013
j.tenna:
@Blink how do i contact u. And pls wen is d closing date of d program?
send me a pm
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 8:47am On Dec 06, 2013
fagin1982:

Check you Spam mails .The password should be there ...
sweet solution never thought of it.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 8:59am On Dec 06, 2013
Patiladwonder: You write there names one by one.

How will you be able mention names of customers u r yet to have,in a business u r yet to start (in d case of new business) ?
I dnt think they r expecting you to mention any names. Come to think of it, if I mention Tunde,Engr. Bobo, Prof.Alanta,so Youwin will find them to ask if they r truly my potential customers? No!
Youwin wnts to knw if u understand wat u r doing,if u knw d in & out of ur biz and who ur customers r really are(as in the section of d population)
I wish everyone of us all the best.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 06, 2013
newacca: Patiladwonder: You write there names one by one.

How will you be able mention names of customers u r yet to have,in a business u r yet to start (in d case of new business) ?
I dnt think they r expecting you to mention any names. Come to think of it, if I mention Tunde,Engr. Bobo, Prof.Alanta,so Youwin will find them to ask if they r truly my potential customers? No!
Youwin wnts to knw if u understand wat u r doing,if u knw d in & out of ur biz and who ur customers r really are(as in the section of d population)
I wish everyone of us all the best.
lol, my brother list them o. You have to prove you know your customers.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 10:15am On Dec 06, 2013
Patiladwonder:
Innovative idea with good and well written business plan will take to next stage of 6000 participants.

Between 0-30,000 maximum.

You write there names one by one.

What makes your business to break even is dependent on your sales per month. If you can sell very well, you could quickly break-even within the 6 months or even make profit self.
Thanks for the reply. I meant what criteria is used to select the final beneficiaries from the 6000?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by newacca: 10:17am On Dec 06, 2013
blink182: lol, my brother list them o. You have to prove you know your customers.
There are 2 things involved. The question was set to either discover how smart the applicants are or to reduce the points of some applicants. If any of it,there 2 things involved,it either some of us are wrong and some of us are right,and there are two things involved,it's either you join the wrong party or the right party.
What diff does it make if one jst fabricate any name? And of what use d names r to Youwin?
Yes,they expect u to use common noun: like Teachers,Couples,Travellers,Schools and not proper noun like: Mr.Wayne,Mrs&Mr. Beckham,Tayo. tongue
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:23am On Dec 06, 2013
obiscolly:
Thanks for the reply. I meant what criteria is used to select the final beneficiaries from the 6000?
please make it to the 6000 first before you bother about that.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 10:38am On Dec 06, 2013
blink182: please make it to the 6000 first before you bother about that.
You don't have to reply if you've not got an answer to my question bro. You should be doing something better with your time.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:44am On Dec 06, 2013
newacca:
There are 2 things involved. The question was set to either discover how smart the applicants are or to reduce the points of some applicants. If any of it,there 2 things involved,it either some of us are wrong and some of us are right,and there are two things involved,it's either you join the wrong party or the right party.
What diff does it make if one jst fabricate any name? And of what use d names r to Youwin?
Yes,they expect u to use common noun: like Teachers,Couples,Travellers,Schools and not proper noun like: Mr.Wayne,Mrs&Mr. Beckham,Tayo. tongue
Yes uncle. grin
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 10:52am On Dec 06, 2013
obiscolly:
You don't have to reply if you've not got an answer to my question bro. You should be doing something better with your time.
you must be sick upstairs, who do you think is your mate here?
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 10:58am On Dec 06, 2013
blink182: you must be sick upstairs, who do you think is your mate here?
No time to exchange words with you. Let's just see how far you get, Smart Alec! smiley
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Nobody: 11:00am On Dec 06, 2013
obiscolly:
No time to exchange words with you. Let's just see how far you get, Smart Alec! smiley
mugu, take your inferiority complex elsewhere. Win or no win this has been a big eye opener for me. Some of us are destined for greatness, grant or no grant.
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by obiscolly(m): 11:04am On Dec 06, 2013
blink182: mugu, take your inferiority complex elsewhere. Win or no win this has been a big eye opener for me. Some of us are destined for greatness, grant or no grant.
A great tutor like you already beginning to sound less confident in himself. How interesting! cool
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Obummalachy(m): 12:13pm On Dec 06, 2013
j.tenna:
Hi everyone! I pray dat as we all try to better our lives tru gainful self employment, dat God will have mercy on us and see us tru. In Jesus Christ Name, Amen. Pls my question is, can a graduate apply? And must it be agro-based. I checked out past winners, most are agro-base proposals. Thanks
Re: Youwin Business Competition 2013 by Preciouskc: 4:45am On Dec 07, 2013
Pls guys, when and how do a biz reach profitability and what is minimum capital equipment cost?

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (149) (Reply)

Simple Secret Of Buying Stuff At Idumota Market Lagos / Making Regular Income Publishing Amazon Kindle Ebooks / Why You Should Stay Away From MMM Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.