Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,355 members, 7,957,952 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 05:23 AM

Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church (819 Views)

Catholic Church Cautions El-Rufai Over Religious Bill / Mob Destroys South Africa Snake Pastor's Church, Set It On Fire (photos) / Catholic Church Collapses In Enugu, Five Dead (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by Donmichaelz(m): 6:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
A joint effort by the Nigerian army and police earlier today prevented the attempted burning of St. Mary’s Catholic Church in Nyanya area of the federal capital territory in Abuja .

Sources at the church told SaharaReporters that trouble started when a Hausa-speaking Muslim man in the area was prevented from parking his car too close to the church building. The measure was put in place as a way of preventing Islamist militants from attacking Christian places of worship on Sundays.

The man, however, resisted the police and soldiers guarding the church. An argument ensued leading to his arrest and humiliation by the security agents who told him to “frog-jump” in front of the church.

After his release by the police, the man reportedly went into the community to mobilize some people to attack the church and burn it down.

Panicked church members left the church leaving their cars behind.

However, a swift intervention by police and soldiers prevented the man and his mob from burning the church. The security agents then started shooting in the area leading more residents to flee the immediate vicinity of the crisis.

Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by Donmichaelz(m): 6:30pm On Aug 04, 2013
Hmmmm..mand some of you where fooled when some of them visited Synagogue,they only went there to view where to put the bomb ...SMH

Burn church? I swear if I was a soldier there I will spray dem like RAID,usless people..am nt a catholic but one tin is for sure as long as it is the house of God nobody has the Fuuuuuuuccccckkkking right to burn it.
Useless people I pray the USA send a Drone and blow uP KAABA so they can stop waisting Nigeria money to visit their father the DEVIL in his black Mansion...

1 Like

Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by amiskurie(m): 6:39pm On Aug 04, 2013
ok! - the church members shld run into the church and nt out of the church.jesus picture at the alter is watching whoever raises cutlass in 3D.
Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by Lanrefahm(m): 6:41pm On Aug 04, 2013
Donmichaelz: Hmmmm..mand some of you where fooled when some of them visited Synagogue,they only went there to view where to put the bomb ...SMH

Burn church? I swear if I was a soldier there I will spray dem like RAID,usless people..am nt a catholic but one tin is for sure as long as it is the house of God nobody has the Fuuuuuuuccccckkkking right to burn it.
Useless people I pray the USA send a Drone and blow uP KAABA so they can stop waisting Nigeria money to visit their father the DEVIL in his black Mansion...

u r an illeterate,u lack d knowledge of d situation. 4 ur info so many idiots ve tried to harm d kaaba since b4 d arrival of isa (jesus) dey always fail. So if america try it dat will b d end of america. Y not u urself try it urself
Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by Nobody: 6:45pm On Aug 04, 2013
Donmichaelz: Hmmmm..mand some of you where fooled when some of them visited Synagogue,they only went there to view where to put the bomb ...SMH

If at all there is anything worth protecting, the house of gods should be the least important. Human lives is worth much more than any church
Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by Donmichaelz(m): 6:55pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lanrefahm:

u r an illeterate,u lack d knowledge of d situation. 4 ur info so many idiots ve tried to harm d kaaba since b4 d arrival of isa (jesus) dey always fail. So if america try it dat will b d end of america. Y not u urself try it urself
when the USA are done Stealing their Oil then they can BoMB the Shit hole
Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by Nobody: 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
this news is incomplete undecided
Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by PastorKun(m): 7:17pm On Aug 04, 2013
And these m0rons are supposed to be fasting undecided
Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by vallycan: 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
Jesus pls kip savin us from dis barbAric tribe of ismeal a mistake abraham did..may dis his sin of adultery not descern on us cus we are innocent....an tank God for security guards who stop d burnin..God bless dem...for it was already written dat d kindom of God suffereth voilence an d voilence taketh by force....all i believ is dat d sauls an pharoahs of muslim shall b converted to paul or falls into river niger on deir way to persecute christians.....AMEN.pls hit LIKE if u support dis prayer points

1 Like

Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by oiseworld: 7:44pm On Aug 04, 2013
so the security agents were spraying bullets in the air. wasting bullets!

prevention they say is better than cure,they should have just wasted the potential boko Haramists.

1 Like

Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by onetrack(m): 10:32pm On Aug 04, 2013
Lanrefahm:

I have to correct you on this: the Kaaba has already been destroyed twice in history: once in 680 AD by two rival groups of Muslims fighting in Mecca, and once in a flood in the 1600s. In addition the black stone was actually stolen and held by some people outside Mecca for a number of years. So the Kaaba has already shown itself to be vulnerable.

2 Likes

Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by saidutal(m): 11:31pm On Aug 04, 2013
Donmichaelz: Hmmmm..mand some of you where fooled when some of them visited
Synagogue,they only went there to view where to put the bomb ...SMH

Re: Panic In Abuja As Mob Tried Burning CATHOLIC Church by saidutal(m): 11:33pm On Aug 04, 2013
You are a mad

(1) (Reply)

B / Things Ur Pastor May Never Tell U About God / Daily Powerful Prayer ( A Must Read For All Christians )

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.