Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:44 AM

I'm Seeking Apprenticeship In Automation.. Any Suggestion? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / I'm Seeking Apprenticeship In Automation.. Any Suggestion? (1104 Views)

Update: 2015 Nnpc/mpn Apprenticeship Program – New Sub Deadline & Other Info / Comprehensive Training Videos on Automation|Inst & contr., PLC/SCADA/DCS/VFD etc / Exxon Mobil Apprenticeship Aptitude Test. Advice and help needed urgently. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Seeking Apprenticeship In Automation.. Any Suggestion? by ndcide(m): 8:18pm On Aug 04, 2013
Please I'm seeking apprenticeship in the area of automation. I have a good background knowledge and really need to build on it. Please I need suggestions on how to go about it and where to go. I reside in Lagos.

I need responses please.
Re: I'm Seeking Apprenticeship In Automation.. Any Suggestion? by Nobody: 11:42am On Aug 05, 2013
wot's automation?
#i like ur spirit.
Re: I'm Seeking Apprenticeship In Automation.. Any Suggestion? by ndcide(m): 8:21pm On Aug 05, 2013
nchewi: wot's automation?
#i like ur spirit.

Automation is actually the use of mechanized control systems and information technology to coordinate a process or simply the use of machines. It is most times referred to as Process control. This control system is applied in almost all production/manufacturing factories. (Pharmaceuticals, food and beverages, constructions companies, automobile companies, oil and gas especially relating to drilling) In fact, anywhere electro mechanized system is applied.
Like it is said, the use of machines is to perform tasks and make work easier. Therefore, applying automation is simply to increase productivity in a process and have quality beyond what is possible with human labor.

Since modern automation is controlled by PLCs (programmable logic controllers) I had to learn the programming of PLCs. PLCs are electronic components having both hardware and software used to perform control functions. The automation of many electromechanical processes, such as the movement of machinery on an assembly line or manufacturing system is done through the use of PLCs. PLCs are programmed based on how they are expected to function.

Let me stop here before I become incoherent. I just left Ajah traffic. The point of my thread is that I have a working knowledge that I want to build on. So I’m begging the automation engineers visiting this forum to help me get a place for apprenticeship or internship. I want to build on my capacity, gain real industrial experience. I may not worry about being paid. I will even pay to have such opportunity anywhere.

So bros, can you be of help?
Re: I'm Seeking Apprenticeship In Automation.. Any Suggestion? by Double27: 7:56am On Aug 07, 2013
You how to program PLC? pls am interested. Help me with materials if you have. tx
Re: I'm Seeking Apprenticeship In Automation.. Any Suggestion? by yang(m): 2:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
Get sitrain, pro1 and pro 2 from 4shared

Also check www.plctalk.net
Re: I'm Seeking Apprenticeship In Automation.. Any Suggestion? by ndcide(m): 11:30am On Aug 10, 2013
@ double27,
Yes is the answer to your question.

You could get started by visiting www.plctalk.net as yang stated and study some of the threads . you could register for an online training. there are some very good organisations that offer online training. I could link you to some. you could also go for some training here in Nigeria.

However PLC is not about just having certifications. it's a serious business. to be good, it requires so much hard work and consistency. besides certifications don't make a good engineer; that's why I'm seeking apprenticeship.

Ogas at the top, please help me this is an area I love to build my career.
Re: I'm Seeking Apprenticeship In Automation.. Any Suggestion? by ndcide(m): 11:31am On Aug 10, 2013

(1) (Reply)

Please I Need Your Advise About BIOCHEMISTRY / Nigerian Navy/army And Their Salary Scale / CFA Approved Calculators -BA II Plus

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.