Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,874 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:30 PM

Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians (2172 Views)

Putting God First: Modern-Day Idolatry Among Christians Today / 12 Signs Of Self-righteousness And Pharisee-ism Among Christians Today / Deeper Life Church Pastor Kumuyi’s Son’ Wedding In Jamaica Sparks Controversy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 12:54am On Aug 06, 2013
[size=44pt]Say YES to Islam.[/size]
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by seedord247(m): 1:12am On Aug 06, 2013
Black pple are the most brainwashed pple ever... They see pastors literally asking for jet and mansions at their expenses and they still give.. Christianity is a joke and black folks fall for it. Charlattan pastors commit adultery (Rev King), have kids outside marriage, but expect their followers to live a righteous life. This is one of reason why the politicians cant stop loooting the masses money cuz they believe that once they loot the money and 5% is given to the pastor or alfa their sins are forgiven. I weep for my people in chinese.

We'll better wake up before its too late. God is not man, he did not choose a specific pastor or Alfa for miracle. Miracles lives within you, if you have the belief and faith you can push anything bigger than moutain. He said in matthew chapter 7 vs 7 " Asked and it shall ve given". The same way it was written in the qura n (chapter 94) He did not say ask thru a pastor or alfa. Think twice my pple. cheesy

"The greatest trick the devil ever played was convincing the world he did not exist.

1 Like

Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by manmustwac(m): 1:29am On Aug 06, 2013
See dressing. See swagger. Motivational talking is good business o.

1 Like

Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Mudley313: 2:04am On Aug 06, 2013
legalized 419/brainwashing + tax exemption = modern day private jet flying mega church preachers like our own oyedepos, adeboyes, oritsejafors, pastor chris etc. and these their fellow swindlers presented in this show
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 4:56am On Aug 06, 2013
Good one, Muskketo.

#pastor swag

#Jesus was poor but my pastor is rich
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 9:31am On Aug 06, 2013
@ op, i hope you are'nt making stupid excuses and measuring yourself with other people's lives.
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by MrTroll(m): 9:34am On Aug 06, 2013
manmustwac: See dressing. See swagger. Motivational talking is good business o.
Omo Mehn! It doesn't get better than this. Chai! E just remain the pump action and the swag go complete cheesy
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 11:34am On Aug 06, 2013
Chibuebem: @ op, i hope you are'nt making stupid excuses and measuring yourself with other people's lives.
:
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 11:47am On Aug 06, 2013
musKeeto:
:
i mean; whats your motive for creating this thread?
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Joagbaje(m): 11:57am On Aug 06, 2013
Don't judge another man . At least they Are reaching people for christ. Let the gospel be preached anyhow.

Philippians 1:18
What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

3 Likes

Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by wiegraf: 12:16pm On Aug 06, 2013
I'd be googling for se.x tapes, typical celeb style. But considering the kind of se.x these guys have..

Etc etc
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Mudley313: 1:36pm On Aug 06, 2013
Joagbaje:
Don't judge another man . At least they Are reaching people for christ. Let the gospel be preached anyhow.

What then? notwithstanding, every way, whether in pretence, or in truth, Christ is preached; and I therein do rejoice, yea, and will rejoice.

look at this one defending his fellow swindlers in christ

1 Like

Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Joagbaje(m): 8:19pm On Aug 06, 2013
Mudley313:
look at this one defending his fellow swindlers in christ
So do you feel better now? cool
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by MrTroll(m): 11:12pm On Aug 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

shocked the bible really said that? Chai! So i bin no read bible wella before o!
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 11:15pm On Aug 06, 2013
Joagbaje:

This comment is approved by The Nairaland Tithe Preachers Association (NTPA)

Preach the gospel in any way as long as it is profitable to the GO grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 7:27am On Aug 07, 2013
Foolish atheists! Those 'mega pastors' to be so notorious in an immoral city such as L.A means that they must be doing something right. Believe me, they don't give a hoot what you think of them, neither do their congregation...and neither do I.

They are busy living it high with Jesus, while your lot are dying of envy.

Boohoo!!
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 7:35am On Aug 07, 2013
FrostyZonn: Foolish atheists! Those 'mega pastors' to be so notorious in an immoral city such as L.A means that they must be doing something right. Believe me, they don't give a hoot what you think of them, neither do their congregation...and neither do I.

They are busy living it high with Jesus, while your lot are dying of envy.

Boohoo!!

^^^
I'm sure a christian somewhere reading this comment has just lost faith!

Frostyzonn claims to be a christian, a righteous follower of christ and yet he sees nothing wrong in Pastors enriching themselves at the detriment of the congregation- which is quite the opposite of Jesus Christ who had a humble life.

Rather than condemn this hypocritical display by pastors, he rather target atheists.
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 7:54am On Aug 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

^^^
I'm sure a christian somewhere reading this comment has just lost faith!

Frostyzonn claims to be a christian, a righteous follower of christ and yet he sees nothing wrong in Pastors enriching themselves at the detriment of the congregation- which is quite the opposite of Jesus Christ who had a humble life.

Rather than condemn this hypocritical display by pastors, he rather target atheists.

Atheists have a funny way of misinterpreting the scriptures. Jesus never said that it's wrong to be rich, rather he warned us not to worship money.

Now, from where I'm sitting, those pastors ain't worshipping money, they are simply reaping the fruits of their labour (Go right ahead and misinterprete my words again, I dare you!). Those fruits came and will continue to flow from their congregations willingly and happily for services rendered. God loves a cheerful giver, remember?

Surely, you don't expect a man of God to go about in rags, do you?

And why shouldn't I target the atheists, when they are habitually launching missiles at my abode, without provocation.

Self defense is not an offense bro.
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 8:25am On Aug 07, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Atheists have a funny way of misinterpreting the scriptures. Jesus never said that it's wrong to be rich, rather he warned us not to worship money.

Now, from where I'm sitting, those pastors ain't worshipping money, they are simply reaping the fruits of their labour (Go right ahead and misinterprete my words again, I dare you!). Those fruits came and will continue to flow from their congregations willingly and happily for services rendered. God loves a cheerful giver, remember?

Surely, you don't expect a man of God to go about in rags, do you?

And why shouldn't I target the atheists, when they are habitually launching missiles at my abode, without provocation.

Self defense is not an offense bro.

Since you truly believe that these pastors are using honest means to get their money....there is no need to argue. You are brain damaged
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 8:34am On Aug 07, 2013
Logicboy03:

Since you truly believe that these pastors are using honest means to get their money....there is no need to argue. You are brain damaged

"Touch not my anointed and do my prophet no harm". - Psalm 105:15

I was merely being a good Christian, Logie.
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 8:48am On Aug 07, 2013
FrostyZonn:

Just being a coward, slave, and docile. Keep making excuses for nonsense. Keep quiet and say nothing if your sister or wife is raped by a prophet.. dumb fools..
Of course, the Bible is a huge book and there are verses to support all manner of positions..

Jeremiah 6:
From the least to the greatest,all are greedy for gain; prophets and priests alike, all practice deceit. 14 They dress the wound of my people as though it were not serious. ‘Peace, peace,’ they say,when there is no peace.15 Are they ashamed of their detestable conduct? No, they have no shame at all; they do not even know how to blush. So they will fall among the fallen;they will be brought down when I punish them,” says the Lord.

Ezekiel 22:
25 There is a conspiracy of her princes[b] within her like a roaring lion tearing its prey; they devour people, take treasures and precious things and make many widows within her. 26 Her priests do violence to my law and profane my holy things; they do not distinguish between the holy and the common; they teach that there is no difference between the unclean and the clean; and they shut their eyes to the keeping of my Sabbaths, so that I am profaned among them. 27 Her officials within her are like wolves tearing their prey; they shed blood and kill people to make unjust gain. 28 Her prophets whitewash these deeds for them by false visions and lying divinations. They say, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says’—when the Lord has not spoken. 29 The people of the land practice extortion and commit robbery; they oppress the poor and needy and mistreat the foreigner, denying them justice.

Micah 3:

5 This is what the Lord says: As for the prophets who lead my people astray, they proclaim ‘peace’ if they have something to eat, but prepare to wage war against anyone who refuses to feed them.6 Therefore night will come over you, without visions,and darkness, without divination.The sun will set for the prophets,and the day will go dark for them.7 The seers will be ashamed and the diviners disgraced.They will all cover their faces because there is no answer from God.”

9 Hear this, you leaders of Jacob,you rulers of Israel, who despise justice and distort all that is right; 10 who build Zion with bloodshed, and Jerusalem with wickedness. 11 Her leaders judge for a bribe, her priests teach for a price,and her prophets tell fortunes for money.Yet they look for the Lord’s support and say, “Is not the Lord among us?No disaster will come upon us.”
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by truthislight: 8:51am On Aug 07, 2013
FrostyZonn:

^
bad egg!

You need a job bro.

Some one once said:

Jesus was a carpenter.
Peter a fisher man .
Paul a tent maker.

But pastors ocupation > pastor

Get a life and stop being a parasite.
Have a life bro!
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 8:56am On Aug 07, 2013
truthislight:

^
bad egg!

You need a job bro.

Some one once said:

Jesus was a carpenter.
Peter a fisher man .
Paul a tent maker.

But pastors ocupation > pastor

Get a life and stop being a parasite.
Have a life bro!

What was this one on about?? Are you high, bro?
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by truthislight: 9:00am On Aug 07, 2013
FrostyZonn:

What was this one on about?? Are you high, bro?

Sharrap !

Thief, Ole. Fraud star!

Go get a job and stop giving christianity a bad name.
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 9:14am On Aug 07, 2013
truthislight:

Sharrap !

Thief, Ole. Fraud star!

Go get a job and stop giving christianity a bad name.

Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by truthislight: 9:19am On Aug 07, 2013
FrostyZonn:

cool
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 9:24am On Aug 07, 2013
Its a shame though.
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 9:30am On Aug 07, 2013
Chibuebem: Its a shame though.
You see, it's not that difficult to be honest.
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 9:50am On Aug 07, 2013
musKeeto:
There is nothing honest about your OP, you did have an agenda which is to destroy the christian testimony.
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 9:53am On Aug 07, 2013
Bidam: There is nothing honest about your OP, you did have an agenda which is to destroy the christian testimony.

Is it Muskeeto that is doing the reality show or the pastors themselves signing contracts to showoff their riches on tv?

You christians lack honesty sometimes
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 9:58am On Aug 07, 2013
musKeeto:
no, you misunderstand as usual.
Re: Preachers Of L.A.’: New Reality Show Sparks Major Controversy Among Christians by Nobody: 9:59am On Aug 07, 2013
Logicboy03:
Is it Muskeeto that is doing the reality show or the pastors themselves signing contracts to showoff their riches on tv?
Are TV shows confined to only atheist and others?What is wrong in using that medium to propel the gospel?
You christians lack honesty sometimes
I am yet to see a genuine christian who lacks honesty.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Beautiful State Of AKWA , ANAMBRA State Capital / Should Pastors Tell Their followers Not To Tithe If They Now Realised The Truth? / Jesus' Marriage To Mary The Magdalene Is Fact, Not Fiction

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.