Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,074 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:15 AM

Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? (1251 Views)

Sparkling Tokunbo 2003 Chevrolet Avalanche Crew Cab 4 Wheel Drive...price: N1.9m / 2014 Mercedes-benz E350 4MATIC Sedan...dont Forget Your Key! / This Cars Link Is For The Men That Gat Money In Nairaland & 9jamarket.biz!: (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? by judano: 1:46pm On Aug 06, 2013
Hello, I had to catch a cab quickly. Just before I got to my destination, I heard a phone ringing. The cab driver wasn't sure if it was his radio at first. He kept looking all over the car and even attempted turning off his radio. I found all this very funny and became suspicious. I was certain it was a phone that was ringing.

Eventually, I felt for the bag beneath me and the ringing phone fell off. The driver did not bother to check who was calling. Same time, some bunch of money fell off from same polythene bag. This man was either not aware there was money inside the bag or he trusted me so much he didn't think I could steal the cash (which I could have so easily done at that point). When I brought his attention to the cash, he simply said "keep am back".

Now,

1. Why would a taxi man put such a large amount of money under the passenger seat, not even under his own seat
2. Why would a taxi man not recognize his ringing tone?

Well, I am talking of a very large sum of money here and I want to believe someone must have forgotten his money in a cab.

When I alighted, I copied the registration number of the cab.

I have intentionally kept some details about the taxi and the driver. If you forgot your money in an Abuja cab today, 6th August 2013, contact me so I can help you trace this man.

Cheers.

NB: I couldn't find a relevant section for this bit of information.
Re: Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? by 3ace(m): 4:07pm On Aug 06, 2013
Well from your story, it is obvious the items belong to a passenger who forgot them. But I don't think it's possible for them to be recovered because even though you have the registration of the cab, the driver could deny ever seeing those items in his vehicle. And also from your story, you do not have any evidence against him. Did you take any pix? Did you record your conversation with him? OP, I think the money is gone.
Re: Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? by judano: 8:53pm On Aug 06, 2013
3ace: Well from your story, it is obvious the items belong to a passenger who forgot them. But I don't think it's possible for them to be recovered because even though you have the registration of the cab, the driver could deny ever seeing those items in his vehicle. And also from your story, you do not have any evidence against him. Did you take any pix? Did you record your conversation with him? OP, I think the money is gone.

Well, I very much believed the money did not belong to him. In fact, there is no way the man would own such a huge sum and be chasing peanuts on the street. Let the owner come forward first then we see if we can nail the man.

If the owner does not come forward, what do I need more evidence for?
Re: Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? by Cuzz: 11:31pm On Aug 06, 2013
judano: Hello, I had to catch a cab quickly. Just before I got to my destination, I heard a phone ringing. The cab driver wasn't sure if it was his radio at first. He kept looking all over the car and even attempted turning off his radio. I found all this very funny and became suspicious. I was certain it was a phone that was ringing.

Eventually, I felt for the bag beneath me and the ringing phone fell off. The driver did not bother to check who was calling. Same time, some bunch of money fell off from same polythene bag. This man was either not aware there was money inside the bag or he trusted me so much he didn't think I could steal the cash (which I could have so easily done at that point). When I brought his attention to the cash, he simply said "keep am back".

Now,

1. Why would a taxi man put such a large amount of money under the passenger seat, not even under his own seat
2. Why would a taxi man not recognize his ringing tone?

Well, I am talking of a very large sum of money here and I want to believe someone must have forgotten his money in a cab.

When I alighted, I copied the registration number of the cab.

I have intentionally kept some details about the taxi and the driver. If you forgot your money in an Abuja cab today, 6th August 2013, contact me so I can help you trace this man.

Cheers.

NB: I couldn't find a relevant section for this bit of information.
U shld hv picked d call may be d owner was d one calling.
Re: Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? by Digriz(m): 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
?
Re: Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? by Digriz(m): 11:35pm On Aug 06, 2013
May be ritual,d owner don turn to money sad
Re: Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? by Osama10(m): 12:21am On Aug 07, 2013
Op Thank your God you did not pick that call and touch that money,it's a new form of ritual things. lipsrsealed
Re: Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? by judano: 1:10am On Aug 07, 2013
Osama10: Op Thank your God you did not pick that call and touch that money,it's a new form of ritual things. lipsrsealed

Nah, I picked up the phone (not the call) and I packed back the money into the bag.
Re: Did You Forget Your Money In An Abuja Cab? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 07, 2014

(1) (Reply)

Clean 05 Toyota Corolla Reg For Quick Sale Jst 850k See Pix..... / Lexus Rx 330 Now Available In Ph. / 5.5 Kva New Silent Generator For Sale.3 Pieces Call 08037343910

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.