Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,116 members, 7,953,430 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:04 PM

How to Remove Index.php?route=common/home From Opencart - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How to Remove Index.php?route=common/home From Opencart (9392 Views)

How To Remove Index.php From Urls In Joomla / How To Remove Index From SMF Title / Make My Site Url Display "index.php?action=about-us (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How to Remove Index.php?route=common/home From Opencart by flexpro(m): 3:48pm On Aug 06, 2013
Is there any expert in the house that know how to remove index.php?route=common/home from OpenCart
Re: How to Remove Index.php?route=common/home From Opencart by Seomartscom: 4:50pm On Aug 06, 2013
You can not remove this cause this is opencart index page
Re: How to Remove Index.php?route=common/home From Opencart by yawatide(f): 5:29pm On Aug 06, 2013
This has to do with your SEO settings. Go to settings (I believe) and change it to SEO paths. Refresh your page and click one of the products to confirm the SEO urls have taken effect.

Report back with your results...
Re: How to Remove Index.php?route=common/home From Opencart by nollyj: 9:46pm On Aug 06, 2013

1 Like

Re: How to Remove Index.php?route=common/home From Opencart by ibietela2(m): 10:11am On Aug 07, 2013
Mine is the product page i want to change...
Re: How to Remove Index.php?route=common/home From Opencart by adewasco2k(m): 12:45pm On Aug 08, 2013
ibietela2: Mine is the product page i want to change...
thats even simpler, just go under settings and set SEO url on.

then on product and category setup you will see seo url just type the name you want. so for example if your site is www. website.com under category of phones type for example phones in the seo url so if you click on the category you will have www. website.com/phones then for product under the seo url you type for example blackberry so now when you click on the blackberry you will have www. website.com/phones/blackberry
Re: How to Remove Index.php?route=common/home From Opencart by yawatide(f): 1:00pm On Aug 08, 2013
^^^ Something I also forgot is that you will still need to go to your file manager and rename your htaccess.txt file to .htaccess

(1) (Reply)

Google Celebrates Her 18th Birthday Today / [HACKED] Netflix Accounts / Why You Are Not Making A Kobo From Your Blog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.