Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,224 members, 7,818,766 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Website Access - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Website Access (790 Views)

Website Access (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Website Access by Nobody: 6:44pm On Jun 01, 2008
Hi, I have a website at http://modospot.com ,  does anyone know how i can access the domain in order to edit what i have on its frontpage and fill it with my own content. i am very good at html. Its a cpanel. When i login into my cpanel and click on file manager , how can i be able to access the page for modospot.com , in order to remove what its seen there and replace it with my own content.
Re: Website Access by fransois2(m): 8:26pm On Jun 01, 2008
Hello,
You should be able to do that through your hosting account cpanel, after you might have logged-in.
Re: Website Access by TechPros(m): 9:27pm On Jun 01, 2008
there are two ways to do this but the first thing you need to do is to design your homepage
if you design with html using notepad or any other text editor
save your html code as index.html or index.htm

First method

open your site control panel
ask your web host (mcreal.net) the link to your control panel
login to your control panel and click on file manager
there will be a place for you to upload the html file
browse to your index file on your computer and click upload

after this you can check your site again to see if anything change

second method

to use this method all you need is a good ftp software
and the knowledge on how to use it

my advise

bigmodo, you need to learn dreamweaver.

am a web consultant ready to help all nairalander beginners and professionals in need of help
in web technology | software development | Interactive Database Programming | SSL certificate
Re: Website Access by webguru(m): 7:21pm On Jun 05, 2008
my guy

edit the index.htm or index.html file
Re: Website Access by emal(m): 8:46am On Jun 15, 2008
I read the thread from the side and I am happy that our gurus are helping those who need help.
This is good. IT MAKES GOD ALMIGHTY HAPPY.
Please keep it up.

(1) (Reply)

Vps Optimised Naira Web Hosting / Buying Domain Name With Liberty Rerserve - (help) / I Need Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.