Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,475 members, 7,823,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 01:10 AM

Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane - Entertainment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane (4164 Views)

UNBELIEVABLE: The Man With The Widest Mouth In The World [PHOTOS] / PHOTOS : Meet 100cm Man Who Found Love, Got Married And Have A Baby Boy / Man Visits Every Country On earth Without Setting Foot On Aplane (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by NessaFresh(f): 7:00pm On Aug 07, 2013
British adventurer Graham Hughes has managed
to visit all 201 UN recognised countries without
travelling by plane or driving himself, BBC
reports.
“I did it because most people said it was
impossible and because it was a travel adventure
which hadn’t been done before” he said.
Hughes set off on his adventure on January 1,
2009 from Uruguay travelling for 1,426 days on a
$100 a week budget. He finally completed his
journey in the world’s youngest country, South
Sudan.
“I’ve fed the crocs in Australia, hunted the
dragons of Komodo, befriended the orangutans in
Borneo, played with the lemurs in Madagascar,
washed the elephants in India and eaten live
octopus in South Korea.”
Hughes made it out alive — and earned some
major street cred along the way. In addition to the
Guinness World Records recognizing him for
“Most Countries Visited in One Year by Scheduled
Ground Transport,” Hughes spent a week in a
Congolese prison, was arrested sneaking into
Russia and joined a Bwiti tribe in Gabon. He even
tiptoed into North Korea, which is not exactly a
popular tourist destination.

http://bbc.co.uk/news/world-23602187

Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Forzap: 7:51pm On Aug 07, 2013
Wat abt maiduguri?im journey neva complete oo
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by homesteady(m): 7:57pm On Aug 07, 2013
to visit all 201 UN recognised countries
without
travelling by plane or driving himself, BBC
reports

Then how did he do it?? Did he teleport himself? Or did he use winchy winchy?
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 07, 2013
Ki lo n wa kiri...

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Enegod(m): 8:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
Forza p: Wat abt maiduguri?im journey neva complete oo
ode..is maiduguri a country? ode2
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by DJDOLA(m): 8:09pm On Aug 07, 2013
The man no come nigeria nah
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by dplomaticVal: 8:17pm On Aug 07, 2013
My Fury is that the gullible heediots here 'll also believe him angry

2 Likes

Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by 3ace(m): 8:43pm On Aug 07, 2013
So he trekked to 201 countries? Okay o, I hear una.
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Bigcake: 9:58pm On Aug 07, 2013
E be like say d guy get previous history of madness
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Nobody: 10:05pm On Aug 07, 2013
Lwkmd this is frigging crazy!
This man neeeds a job, idleness could be the cause hahaha
That aside, did I really read that he hunted Komodo dragons? Do dragons really exist or is there some other creature called dragon at komodo? Whatever!
I can never eat a live octopus! These south koreans sef.
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by ednut1(m): 10:13pm On Aug 07, 2013
maxwello.yg:
That aside, did I really read that he hunted Komodo dragons? Do dragons really exist or is there some other creature called dragon at komodo? Whatever!
before fallin ur hand u for browse komodo dragon, go nd warch nat geo wild son

1 Like

Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Nobody: 10:19pm On Aug 07, 2013
homesteady:
Then how did he do it?? Did he teleport himself? Or did he use winchy winchy?
I wonder o
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by horlajide: 10:31pm On Aug 07, 2013
if he had mouths to feed,traveling round the world just for the fun of it would be the least of his problems
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by idupaul: 11:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
maxwello.yg:
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by idupaul: 11:07pm On Aug 07, 2013
maxwello.yg:

With all this plenty words U wrote, U have never heard of Komodo dragons..Amazing
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Nobody: 11:11pm On Aug 07, 2013
idupaul:

With all this plenty words U wrote, U have never heard of Komodo dragons..Amazing
ednut1: before fallin ur hand u for browse komodo dragon, go nd warch nat geo wild son
i'm currently watching it
idupaul:

Truly amazing!
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Nobody: 12:08am On Aug 08, 2013
This is d man that cripped into my grandma's kitchen in the village claiming he lost his way...to cut the long story short my grandma lost her cooking pot of soup after the man had left.
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Nobody: 1:53am On Aug 08, 2013
All 201 countries without car? Or airplane? Hope he did not break his leg... cheesy
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by kunlesehan(m): 1:56am On Aug 08, 2013
what a globe trotter !
If this guy laff him mustache go oscillate like compass o ... lol
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by NessaFresh(f): 2:07am On Aug 08, 2013
ednut1: before fallin ur hand u for browse komodo dragon, go nd warch nat geo wild son
Lmaooo tell am
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by NessaFresh(f): 2:11am On Aug 08, 2013
DJDOLA: The man no come nigeria nah

Him de come..just give am some time
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by tellwisdom: 5:46am On Aug 08, 2013
He is 201 years old??
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by angelTI(f): 5:46am On Aug 08, 2013
He visited 201 countries in 1yr? BULLSHIT!
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by estaharryyahoo: 6:30am On Aug 08, 2013
grin[b][/b][b][/b]Hmmm na jazz him use.make him also treak from australia to maiduguri.[color=#000099]
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by iamdsam: 6:58am On Aug 08, 2013
Impossible!. He nor use plane or witch craft. He nor even use motor. Na leg he take trave round all the UN countries of the world. These fallacies are becoming too much o! God help us o! *winks*
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by ednut1(m): 7:21am On Aug 08, 2013
U guys are funny, durin world cup 2 guys used bike from london to RSA, na bus and train he go dey use, nd wen its time to cross water ship, duh
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Temismith(f): 7:28am On Aug 08, 2013
But y undecided
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by iamdsam: 7:37am On Aug 08, 2013
ednut1: U guys are funny, durin world cup 2 guys used bike from london to RSA, na bus and train he go dey use, nd wen its time to cross water ship, duh
Oya try am!
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by johnstar(m): 7:38am On Aug 08, 2013
Na so dis my joblessundecided , anoda famous man again undecided, easiest wey 2 b famous sad
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by Forzap: 7:59am On Aug 08, 2013
Enegod: ode..is maiduguri a country? ode2

oloshi,cant u see dat were mentioning citys b4 d countries?oloriburuku fella
Re: Meet The Man Who Has Visited Every Country In The World Without Flying A Plane by dridowu: 8:00am On Aug 08, 2013
hmmmmmGod 4 him

(1) (2) (Reply)

Finally Brazilian Footballer, Ronaldinho Pays $58,000 To Get His Teeth Fixed. / Miss A'ibom 2017 Question & Answer, Could It Be Anxiety Or Stage Fright? (pics) / COSON Crisis: Between Tony Okoroji, Efe Omoregbe And NCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.