Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,610 members, 7,813,000 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:17 AM

Self Management Versus Property Managers - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / Self Management Versus Property Managers (670 Views)

Hot Sales From Direct Property Managers! / Lease Pro - Free Property Management Software For Property Managers In Nigeria / Are There Any Port-harcourt Based Property Managers On Nairaland? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Self Management Versus Property Managers by lanredo(m): 12:13am On Aug 08, 2013
Self management versus property managers
Would you like to manage your property yourself or would you rather invest in a property manager? Well! Many arguments point in favour of the property managers.
A few investors look to save some money by being their own real estate managers but it is worth noting that those who have hired professionals have fetched greater bottom-line from their properties.

Do investors have time for their properties?
The crux question which tilts it towards professional property managers- how much time is an investor ready to put in his property? After all, there is so much attention that a property ask for. These points of attention may include, but are certainly not restricted to, property inspections, tenancy defaults and damage inflicted on the property. Let us take up a couple of cases that experts talks about:

What if a landlord does not get the time to check on the damages and the repairs required intensify with each passing day.
What if a lack of maintenance triggers a mishap and injures a tenant. Would it not then amount to legal payouts?
Where can Property Managers come in handy
It is important for investors to hire a Real Estate manager who can purposefully tackle these issues:

Find out if there is any tenant default and also look into the tenant histories to prefigure their credentials.
Find out from a reliable database those who may be the most deserving of tenants
Conduct frequent inspection of properties within their arc
Find out if any maintenance issue needs to be addressed immediately
It will also be worthy for investors to have a Landlord Insurance in place. This will make them much better placed in the eye of law. In fact, it can come in handy while compensating them for rental defaults. It can also help them seek claims for rents missed due to ongoing repairs (in case of damage caused by tenants)

In my humble opinion
I feel that apart from the points mentioned above, a property manager must also look into Land Deeds. Careful observation of such Deeds can help prevent many cases of swindling (Fraud Deed, Double Deed and so on). Also, they need to sort out the difference between Owner-occupied lending and investment lending and take more initiative in regards to Home Staging orĀ remodellingĀ for the latter.

Do you think investors have time for their properties? I invite you to give your views
However it has been proved that putting your property in the hands of property manager bring good reward and give you enough time to concentrate on other important matters.
If you need a tested, trusted and reliable Real Estate Manager contact:
Lanredo Properties via 08033955044, 07011672678 BB 28853a61
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by lanredo(m): 9:43am On Aug 08, 2013
Drop ur opinion
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by lanredo(m): 6:38am On Aug 09, 2013
So in haste to even drop a line. Goodluck hmmmm that our president name kee
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by lanredo(m): 7:06am On Aug 13, 2013
Dropo your comment write or call us now
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by lanredo(m): 9:50am On Aug 17, 2013
Thank you for reading and dropping your views
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by lanredo(m): 2:55pm On Aug 17, 2013
Still waiting for your response
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by lanredo(m): 10:37pm On Aug 17, 2013
Still valid, call us and you won't regret you do
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by lanredo(m): 5:16pm On Aug 18, 2013
Drop your comment your comment counts
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by dejia(m): 5:35pm On Aug 18, 2013
Well.. it depends on the investor,

i used to give my property to Property Managers, but later i discovered some of them , were just after the money and didnt care much about the quality of tenants etc, so i ventured into it, now i have growned my portfolio and created time to manage it myself, i dont really know how it plays out in Nigeria.

If i will even hire a property Manager, i will prefer someone , who also owns property, so that he understands it better, than just a mere estate agent, who is after his 5-10% commission
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by lanredo(m): 6:56am On Aug 19, 2013
dejia: Well.. it depends on the investor,

i used to give my property to Property Managers, but later i discovered some of them , were just after the money and didnt care much about the quality of tenants etc, so i ventured into it, now i have growned my portfolio and created time to manage it myself, i dont really know how it plays out in Nigeria.

If i will even hire a property Manager, i will prefer someone , who also owns property, so that he understands it better, than just a mere estate agent, who is after his 5-10% commission
Nice comment however when you are lucky to get good Real Estate outfit you will know is better to engaged them. Try us and your over all notion about real estate Age will be changed
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by lanredo(m): 3:09pm On Aug 20, 2013
Still available pls call now
Re: Self Management Versus Property Managers by Diego56: 9:12am On Jan 03, 2022
A Limehouse estate agent will be able to match you with a property that fits your criteria. If you have children, you may want to consider a property that is within the catchment area of a good school. For more information on estate agent in canary wharf, read me.

(1) (Reply)

Brandnew Houses/apartments Selling/letting Fast @lifecamp (4bedroom Terraces) / Land For Sale At Bucknor, Lagos For 6.5m / Design & Build A 3 Bedroom Flat For Just N3 Million Naira Only!!!:

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.