Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,011 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:23 PM

General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. (9038 Views)

WAEC Releases 91.38% Of 2013/2014 May/june Examination Results / 2009 May/June WAEC SSCE Result Released! / When Would The Result For May/june Waec Be Released (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. by ajahexcel(m): 6:12am On Aug 08, 2013
The WAEC on Wednesday released the full results of 1,543,683 candidates who sat for its May/June 2013 Secondary School Certificate Examination.

The number represents 91.38 per cent of 1,689,188 candidates who registered for the examination,.

The Head of National Office (HNO) of WAEC, Dr Charles Eguridu, announced the results on Wednesday when he addressed a news conference in Lagos.

Eguridu said 889,636 candidates obtained six credits and above, while 1,074,065 others obtained five credits and above.

According to him, the results of 145,505 others, representing 8.62 per cent, were being processed due to some errors.

“These errors are traceable to the candidates as well as their schools in the course of registration or writing the examination.’’

The HNO explained that such errors were being corrected by the council to enable the affected candidates to get their results fully processed and released subsequently.

Eguridu disclosed that the council cancelled the result of 2,176 candidates.

He explained that the cancellation was due to multiple entries by the candidates discovered while processing the results.

“In line with the council’s regulation, the entire results of such candidates who have been found guilty of this act had been cancelled, “ he said.

The HNO also said 112,865 results of candidates, representing 6.75 per cent, were withheld due to examination malpractice.

Eguridu pointed out that the cases were being investigated and that reports of the investigations would be presented to the Nigeria Examinations Committee (NEC) for consideration.

Further breakdown revealed that 1,225,591 candidates obtained credits and above in four subjects, 1,353,273 obtained credits and above in three subjects, while 1,465,581 obtained credits and above in two subjects.

Eguridu said that of the 121 blind candidates, 117 attempted it while 24 obtained five credits in five subjects including English Language.

“Blind candidates do not take Mathematics and Science Practical in WASSCE diets“, he said.

He hailed security agencies for providing the much needed security throughout the conduct of the examination.

The HNO said that despite the security challenge in the country, especially in some parts of the North-East, the council was able to conduct the examination.

“We thank the Federal government and security agencies particularly in Adamawa, Borno and Yobe States for the support rendered the council during the conduct of our examination.

“We equally commend the Federal and State Ministries of Education for their support in terms of their facilities and logistics given to us during the conduct of the examination.’’

He decried the murder of three of the council’s personnel by gunmen while on their way from Yola to Maiduguri.

The candidates can check their results online on the council’s website within 24 hours of the declaration of the results. (NAN)
For Detail on how to check result with your mobile phone here
http://community.vanguardngr.com/profiles/status/show?id=4565467%3AStatus%3A779117
Re: General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. by ajahexcel(m): 9:27am On Aug 08, 2013
I forgot to add this information that will enable you further you education,
Do you know you can get a scholarship and lift the financial burden of your university education off your parents shoulders, I am certain that while many will be checking their result which include WAEC, NECO, JAMB, POST UTME etc , they will be wondering how to raise money for their tertiary education. The only thing that denies us access to our desires is lack of information. While are reading this post, many students are on scholarships of various Oil companies and Multinational companies if nobody is an evidence, I am, because I am one of the MTN Scholars and MTN Foundation Scholarship pays us N200,000 each year that is an equivalence of N16,600 per month. and you know what, this payment is until you graduate. The oil companies, such as AGIP, SHELL, TOTAL, CHEVRON, NNPC, ADDAX, AGBAMI, NLNG, ABC transport companies give scholarships worth N150,000 to students each year.
I urge someone reading this post to make a move. When I got admission, money was a problem but today, "money no be problem"
Here is a link that can change your story for good.
http://community.vanguardngr.com/profiles/status/show?id=4565467%3AStatus%3A779337
follow where it leads and you will see various scholarships and their deadlines, if you know anyone this information can help recommend it to them immediately. God will bless you for lending a helping hand...
If you have any question concerning the released result or Scholarship issue.. drop it here as I and other good Nigerians will proffer reasonable solutions. I am still your friend EXCEL
Re: General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. by gerrardomendes(m): 6:26pm On Aug 08, 2013
first to comment. kai! feeling like gareth bale
Re: General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. by ajahexcel(m): 7:54pm On Aug 08, 2013
gerrardomendes: first to comment. kai! feeling like gareth bale
@ Gerrard what is so special about being the first to comment.... Nairaland dey give prize
Re: General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. by pharmo25(m): 11:46pm On Aug 08, 2013
RIP to the dead.
Re: General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. by EhiGid(m): 6:17am On Aug 09, 2013
@EXCEL: Haven carried out a tour of your site, u are really doin a great job. I got few questions that i will appreciate u answer.
1. Why the discrimination or selective selection of beneficiaries for SOME scholarships. E.g.Natural Sciences courses are not included as legible field for applicants?
2. Why is it that informations on CERTAIN scholarship are posted on your site when deadlines are "around the corner"? E.g. NLNG's
Re: General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. by ajahexcel(m): 8:23am On Aug 09, 2013
EhiGid: @EXCEL: Haven carried out a tour of your site, u are really doin a great job. I got few questions that i will appreciate u answer.
1. Why the discrimination or selective selection of beneficiaries for SOME scholarships. E.g.Natural Sciences courses are not included as legible field for applicants?
2. Why is it that informations on CERTAIN scholarship are posted on your site when deadlines are "around the corner"? E.g. NLNG's
Dear Ehigid, let me answer the 2nd before the first....... We were the first to post the application advert for NLNG Scholarship 2013, on 11th June, even nairaland got the post on 13th of June. It many of Our Mobile Scholarship alert subscriber tend to be the ones giving others the news of scholarship because we are poised to deliver firsthand information. For any other person who may be reading this post, you can get firsthand info on all scholarships by following us on this page on facebook
http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=143486745806877&refid=48&ref=stream
1. To answer No 1. I will begin by appreciating your appreciation... Thanks for the commendation and encouragement. The scholarship offers are those of the awarding companies and we have no influence on their choice of area of studies to be considered in the awards, we publish their adverts as they send it to us. But there are a good number of scholarships that dont discriminate if I may say.... eg NLNG,Shell, ABC Transport, MTN is for everybody from every school, note that.. and you know what, apply for these scholarships if there is any related discipline in the fields for consideration. All you need to do is to apply since it won't cost you a dime except your internet service. Follow us Facebook and and invite your friends to like our page, that might be the greatest good you would have done a friend...
Thanks dear.
Less I forget the NLNG Scholarship exam for this year is tomorrow, if any one still needs the NLNG and ADDAX/NNPC scholarship PAst Questions and Answers, Simply call EXCEL on 08069320074 and in FIVE MINUTES you will be practicing. Wishing you all the best. ONE NIGERIA!!!
Re: General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. by EhiGid(m): 8:37am On Aug 09, 2013
@ajahExcel: Thanks for answering my questions ASAP.
I am grateful
Re: General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. by ajahexcel(m): 2:40pm On Aug 09, 2013
EhiGid: @ajahExcel: Thanks for answering my questions ASAP.
I am grateful
@Ehigid and others, Exxon-Mobil Scholarship application just started You can click here to begin your application now...
http://community.vanguardngr.com/profiles/status/show?id=4565467%3AStatus%3A779273
Also for scholarship updates, LIKE our Facebook HERE and dont forget to invite your friends
http://facebook.com/profile.php?id=143486745806877&refid=48&ref=stream
Re: General Statistics Of 2013 May/june WAEC Result. by daviduz: 7:47am On Nov 08, 2014
I am David by name, all my waec results for 2014 was withheld and it was Mr Andrew that helped me to release the result, and he have ask me to inform or bring another twenty persons who their results were withheld so if you are interested you can call his number 08152240666

(1) (Reply)

ASUU Strike: Catholic Bishops' Intervention Fails / Spring/Fall US Admits: How To Pay SEVIS Fee in Nigeria With SEVIS Express / Kano Makes NIN Mandatory For Students In Government Schools

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.