Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,813 members, 7,956,071 topics. Date: Monday, 23 September 2024 at 12:12 AM

The Begining Of The End;a Novella. - Literature (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Begining Of The End;a Novella. (4442 Views)

Underneath The Veil (a Novella) / All I've Never Wanted... A Novella / **The Begining Of The End** My First Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Clemzy16(m): 8:48am On Aug 10, 2013
"nice story you've got here"

"please try to put a dot on your words so we know they're abbreviated. i.e serg., insp. et all."

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by MizSammy(f): 9:22am On Aug 10, 2013
Take note: Some of ur words that shud be in past tense is put in present tense. Kip it flowing chuksemi
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Dygeasy(m): 12:40pm On Aug 10, 2013
Oga Chuks Me Like Your Story. Wild Weird Imagination You've Got And I Appreciate Your Acknowledging Me On The First Page. I Dunno If I Deserve It Tho. Thanks Still.

Talking About Criticising, The Wrongs About This Work Are;

1. Start All Names In Capital Letters.

2. You're Abbreviating Words Not In Dialogues. You Are Permitted Tho, But Put A Full Stop Behind The Abbreviations. E.G. Insp. Serg. Or Better Still, Make The Abbreviations In Dialogues Only Not In The Descriptive Texts.

3. Put A Space After Each Fullstop Before Writing A Letter After The Fullstop.

Ride On.

Where's The Register. I've Gotta Put Down My Name. gringrincheesy
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 7:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
"Hello", Inspector Jack said into the phone. Whoever was on the other end didn't seem to have heard him. There was no response.

"Hello" he said again but this time a little louder. He listened closely but heard nothing. He looked at the face of the Sergeant and then at that of the constable. They starred back at him with wide eyes, anticipating and practically dying to know what was going on in the telephone conversation.

Inspector Jack after waiting for some minutes, gave up and decided to end the call. Just when he was about to relieve his ear of the phone's earpiece, he heard muffled giggles coming from the other end of the phone and then three different voices spoke at the same time.

"Inspector Jack Pond, i have recieve your case file and am warning you to desist from investigating this matter further. Failure to adhere to this, will lead to your sweet death".

Inspector Jack was shocked speechless and didn't even know when his mouth fell open. He signalled the sergeant to inform the department in-charge of tracking to start tracking the call. He watched as the sergeant used his patrol inter-com to inform the tracking department. He couldn't believe or rather he refused to believe what he heard. As if the mysterious caller read his thoughts, the three voices spoke up again....

" your colleague, the sergeant is dead"

The final tone used in passing across this message left the inspector stunned. He composed himself and replied the mysterious caller thus...

"hahahaha, he is alive you iiiidiot and here with me"

Sergeant Ron glanced at the Inspector as he made this statement. The Inspector caught his glance and quickly realised he was not supposed to say that. But the harm had been done, words can't be taken back.

"Inspector Jack Pond, your friend chose to die in the office and that he will. Thirty minutes after this call has been ended" and with that the caller droped the call. The time was 0310pm.

Inspector Jack quickly asked the Sergeant to find out if they were able to trace the call. But after Sergeant Ron spoke into the inter-com for few minutes. He looked up with a resigned gaze and told the Inspector that the tracing was unfruitfull.

"So sir, do you mind telling me what transpired in the telephone conversation?" Sergeant Ron asked his superior.

The Inspector ignored the question and turned to the constable who was still standing there.

"Constable" the Inspector mumbled rather inaudibly. But the constable who must have been standing ears down heard him and gave a smart salute.

"go and get as many officers as you can find in the station now and tell them to report here immediately, armed" the Inspector ordered.

The constable saluted again, turned smartly and left the office.

Sergeant Ron who had been watching the whole exchange turned to his superior immediately the constable had left the office. Fear registered on his face mixed with un-answered questions.

Inspector Jack didn't wait for Sergeant Ron to ask him any questions. He simply read the expression on the Serg's. face and said.....

"Serg. its a very necessary pre-caution. We can't underestimate the killer. He threatened to kill you in the next thirty minutes. We need to secure you".

Those few words were all the Serg. needed to breakdown. After having heard those words, the Sergeant became lost in his own world. He was shocked. He was sacred. His death couldn't be now, he was yet to achieve his dreams, he had no kids, no wife and no house to call his. He had been a failure and now his life was going to be cut short by some unknown expert killer. He felt like killing himself. He felt like running away to a place where no one could find him. Yes that was it, he would run away, he had to. And he would. That way whoever was chasing him wouldn't be able to track him, but what time did he have left? It was too late. He would resign his fate. All this the Sergeant thought about and time ticked away.

Ten minutes later the office was filled with thirteen officers, thirteen guns and twenty six watchful eyes. They all seemed alert and they awaited the killer. Maybe they shouldn't have waited, maybe they should have. For when it struck 0340pm which was exactly thirty minutes after the call ended. Something happened. Sometimi that shook the city of rochester.

1 Like

Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 8:23pm On Aug 10, 2013
Clemzy16: "nice story you've got here"

"please try to put a dot on your words so we know they're abbreviated. i.e serg., insp. et all."

™ƺƔcιεмεηт®
Thanks bro. Recieved.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 8:25pm On Aug 10, 2013
Miz_Sammy: Take note: Some of ur words that shud be in past tense is put in present tense. Kip it flowing chuksemi
Thank you ma. Don't really understand your correction.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 8:26pm On Aug 10, 2013
Dygeasy: Oga Chuks Me Like Your Story. Wild Weird Imagination You've Got And I Appreciate Your Acknowledging Me On The First Page. I Dunno If I Deserve It Tho. Thanks Still.

Talking About Criticising, The Wrongs About This Work Are;

1. Start All Names In Capital Letters.

2. You're Abbreviating Words Not In Dialogues. You Are Permitted Tho, But Put A Full Stop Behind The Abbreviations. E.G. Insp. Serg. Or Better Still, Make The Abbreviations In Dialogues Only Not In The Descriptive Texts.

3. Put A Space After Each Fullstop Before Writing A Letter After The Fullstop.

Ride On.

Where's The Register. I've Gotta Put Down My Name. gringrincheesy

Thanks for your criticism. I like your style of writing. You certainly deserve being acknowledged.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 11:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
The next morning newspaper tabloids had gone crazy. Vendors displayed papers with the boldest headlines.

Some headlines said; "CHAOS AS TELEPHONE MURDERER KILLS THIRTEEN POLICE MEN IN A MINUTE". While some said; "MINUTE OF DEATH; AS EXPERT KILLER KILLS THIRTEEN POLICEMEN AFTER KILLING THREE OTHERS".

The newspapers had good sales on that day including the weeks that followed. Civil servants; labourers and even job seekers all clustered around newspaper racks reading the headlines.

Here and there a man or a lady will be seen holding the day's papers; taking a cursory glance at it and muttering to themselves.

Close to a football viewing centre men argued.

"This killer is one hell of a fella" said one with a big scar across his chin.

"Yeah; and am gonna ship my family outta this damned city. Its too risky to live around here; who knows who's next" said one with a big blue T-shirt.

"Na; its too early to get too scared edward. You've always been the scared type; i aint suprised any way." big scar replied.

"Yeah; you can say watcha want. But i aint leaving my family here; i will be damned; for all the devil cares this killer dude seems to be killing at random" the one with the big blue shirt who was apparently called edward stressed his point.

"Na; iont agree; there seems to be a connection" a man sitting with them who had been quiet all this while said.

"What the hell dyah mean; you dont agree. I wasn't asking your opinion bro" the edward fella retorted.

"Shut the heck up you scared crow!" the big fella rebuked edward.

And on and on they argued about the topic.
The stories in the newspapers which of course had embellishments didnt help matters. The timid ones in the city were scared out of wits; they got so scared it became a practice to pray before answering calls.

Astrologers said the killer was from another planet.
Spiritualists organization of Rochester released an official statement saying the killer was an angered god.
Scientists gave a theory saying the killer was human but used a radiating chemical to kill.
Pastors organised crusades; here and there churches held night long vigils.

The police force unanimously dropped the case. Some even resigned.

Silly children played muffled giggles pranks on their mates despite countless warnings from scared parents.

The city of Rochester remained in chaos untill.........
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Oyinprince(m): 11:46pm On Aug 11, 2013
Oya oya o, wen is d next update?
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 1:26am On Aug 12, 2013
Oyinprince: Oya oya o, wen is d next update?
I believe soon. Thanks for reading.

1 Like

Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 9:55pm On Aug 27, 2013
Returns.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Oyinprince(m): 10:07pm On Aug 27, 2013
Chuksemi: Returns.
where av u bin?
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 10:16pm On Aug 27, 2013
Oyinprince: where av u bin?
Had to do one or two things. But I am back now.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by therealbabe(f): 1:16pm On Nov 05, 2013
Chuksemi:
Had to do one or two things. But I am back now.
WHY DIDNT U COMPLETE THIS STORY
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 9:06pm On Nov 05, 2013
therealbabe: WHY DIDNT U COMPLETE THIS STORY
couldn't. No comments led to no motivation.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by kinxen(f): 2:21pm On Nov 07, 2013
Chuksemi: couldn't. No comments led to no motivation.

Jst saw d story nd I love it,pls continue cry you'll definitely get comments wit regular updates. Don't b a quitter angry
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Oyinprince(m): 3:42pm On Nov 07, 2013
kinxen:

Jst saw d story nd I love it,pls continue cry you'll definitely get comments wit regular updates. Don't b a quitter angry
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by kennybelle: 8:53pm On Nov 07, 2013
Oya o! Readers are here o! Comma continue dis thrilling story o! Just consider d fact dt sme readers av been with you since u started, think abt hw they‘d feel having a taste of this seemingly interesting story and you just bringing it to a halt! Abeg come continue o
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
Thank you all for your unconditional concern, but sadly, I cant continue. I dont even have a smartphone........... And time is not on my side. But dont worry, I will complete the story.
Re: The Begining Of The End;a Novella. by Chuksemi(m): 4:18pm On Nov 08, 2013
Thank you all for your unconditional concern, but sadly, I cant continue. I dont even have a smartphone........... And time is not on my side. But dont worry, I will complete the story. But not now.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Dinner Conversation / Short Story Contest / Quillbot (paraphrasing & article rewriter Tool) Available! 1 year validity

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.