Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,513 members, 7,954,936 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 12:54 PM

Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing (8351 Views)

Sam Adeyemi's Daystar Free Food Giveaway (pics) / A Theological Discuss On Tithing By Rhymeyjohn, Image123, Mark Miwerds & Candour / Inviting Tithers To A Theological Discuss with Miwerds and Candour On Tithing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by Alwaystrue(f): 3:40pm On Aug 11, 2013
Bidam:
(1 Timothy 6:3-4) "If any man teach otherwise, and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing,".

(John 12:48) "He who rejects me, and does not receive my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same will judge him in the last day."

The scriptures you quoted here are succint. Thanks.
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 11, 2013
Alwaystrue:
The scriptures you quoted here are succint. Thanks.
You are welcome.
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 4:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
Bidam: You are welcome.

Smh
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 11, 2013
Goshen360:

Smh
Yeah,thank God Jesus did not manufacture any new words to defeat satan, He just quoted moses cheesy
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 5:45pm On Aug 11, 2013
Bidam: Yeah,thank God Jesus did not manufacture any new words to defeat satan, He just quoted moses cheesy

SMH
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by MostHigh: 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
Goshen360:

SMH

Dont mind goshen.

Goshen is wiser than his master smiley
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by MostHigh: 5:51pm On Aug 11, 2013
Bidam: Yeah,thank God Jesus did not manufacture any new words to defeat satan, He just quoted moses cheesy

Goshen is wiser than his mastersmiley
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by Nobody: 5:56pm On Aug 11, 2013
MostHigh:

Goshen is wiser than his mastersmiley
lol, Can anyone be wiser than Yashuah?
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by DrummaBoy2: 9:39pm On Aug 11, 2013
Bidam:
grin Sorry pals,thank God that Paul in the wisdom God gave him debunked all your errors by saying this:

(1 Timothy 6:3-4) "If any man teach otherwise, and does not consent to wholesome words, even the words of our Lord Jesus Christ, and to the doctrine which is according to godliness; He is proud, knowing nothing,".

We see here Paul addressing timothy a gentile under the new covenant the importance of Jesus words.Jesus( NOT Paul and the 12 Apostle of the lamb) is "the author of eternal salvation to all those who obey him." (Hebrews 5:9).

(John 12:48) "He who rejects me, and does not receive my words, has one that judges him: the word that I have spoken, the same will judge him in the last day."

It is better to hold on to the words of Jesus o.Make una no say e no talk am.

And Jesus said we should tithe; regardless of whether it is not a weighty matter of the law:

Matthew 23:23 Woe unto you, scribes and Pharisees, hypocrites! for ye pay tithe of mint and anise and cummin, and have omitted the weightier matters of the law, judgment, mercy, and faith: these ought ye to have done, and not to leave the other undone

And Jesus was also dedicated at the temple at his birth:

Luke 2:21 And when eight days were accomplished for the circumcising of the child, his name was called JESUS, which was so named of the angel before he was conceived in the womb. 22 And when the days of her purification according to the law of Moses were accomplished, they brought him to Jerusalem, to present him to the Lord; 23 (As it is written in the law of the Lord, Every male that openeth the womb shall be called holy to the Lordwink 24 And to offer a sacrifice according to that which is said in the law of the Lord, A pair of turtledoves, or two young pigeons.

And do you dedicate your children in Jewish temples? Oh you do in church. Did you circumcise your son on the eight day according to the law? Did your wife offer doves or make any sacrifices for her purification after the birth of a male child?

And what about the healing ministry of Christ?

Matthew 8:3 And Jesus put forth his hand, and touched him, saying, I will; be thou clean. And immediately his leprosy was cleansed. 4 And Jesus saith unto him, See thou tell no man; but go thy way, show thyself to the priest, and offer the gift that Moses commanded, for a testimony unto them.

I understand by your own confession that you were healed of high blood pressure. After the healing what did you offer to the Pastor/Priest, as a gift, in keeping with Moses' laws? How much Jesus' words do you keep as far as Matthew 8:3 is concerned and many other similar scriptures in the bible?

I have asked over and over again and I am yet to be told, How many of the 613 laws of Moses should we keep today? Of all the 613, how come it is only tithe that survived? What about the sabbath? What about circumcision on the 8th day? What about sacrifices? What about stoning to death following capital sins? How come it is only the tithe that remaineth, O, Most Holy Bidam? Is the answer not obvious to you and I now?

How else do we explain these scripture save for the fact that the Master lived and operated under the law while bringing in grace:

Galatians 4:4 But when the fulness of the time was come, God sent forth his Son, made of a woman, made under the law, 5 To redeem them that were under the law, that we might receive the adoption of sons.

You tell us about Jesus commandments' and we have said it before but I choose to copy and paste it below again for thine perusal:

John 13:34 A new commandment I give unto you, That ye love one another; as I have loved you, that ye also love one another. 35 By this shall all men know that ye are my disciples, if ye have love one to another.

Galatians 5:14 For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this; Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself. 15 But if ye bite and devour one another, take heed that ye be not consumed one of another. 16 This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18 But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

James 2:8 [/b]If ye fulfil the royal law according to the scripture, [b]Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself, ye do well:

These are the Lord's commandment and with His grace, we shall keep them well well... we do not need any other bondage to the law; and need not pay tithe to heed the law!
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by shdemidemi(m): 2:43am On Aug 12, 2013
The law, the law, the law

I was once under the law of my parent, one of the ordinance in the unwritten law was to go to church as a routine every Sunday.

I hated Sunday mornings as a kid. I will grudgingly go there because my parent's law must not be broken. The result and repercussion of breaking that law wasn't hidden from me, the horsewhip was always placed in a visible spot, so I needed no more persuasion.

I was always at the kids section against my will. While the teachers teach, I would be thinking of a day when I will be eventually free from the parent law. Eventually, I became older and independent. No one to implement the 'parent law', I now have my full volition to do and undo (so I thought).

God in his perfect wisdom must have known me too well. The first thing he did to get my attention was to take my father from me, he died. I saw another part of life, the comfort was gone, I was living in uncertainty. I decided to go to the uk since the grass looks greener there from my myopic view. Getting to Uk, I wished I never came after a year.

Remember, I have no parent law any more, this is suppose to be that time I had always wished for while growing up. But, things were not going according to my plan at all, the situation could be best described as 'rough'. Things soon got better for a brief period and I thought to myself, Yes! I have finally arrived. I had wild times with girls but God cut all that short when a girl got pregnant for me unexpectedly (foolish, some might say. I call it God's providence), I became a father with responsibilities. No more room for frivolous escapades cos God gave me a girl that made me humble. If I had 10% zeal to live a carefree life, she had 80%, God humbled me through her. For the first time in my entire life, I started to think of how things could change from the haphazard situation I got myself in to.

God must have thought to Himself, this is the time to get this naughty boy. God called me ( not literally), I started seeing life differently. After a while in my walk with God, I realised something that confirmed my foolishness both as a child and an unbeliever. I started doing most things the parent law wanted me to do while I was under the law unconsciously, I did not just do these things, I carried out the righteous requirements of the parent law without the horsewhip but with joy and I see myself privileged to be counted worthy of been called by my creator.

We don't need the law, we need the Spirit of Christ in us. The Spirit makes us carry out the righteous requirement of the law even without reading the letter of the law. The scripture says the law is not made for a righteous person.

The law is akin to the treatment given to animals that don't know how to manage freedom. Being free is never a license, it is an evidence of love from God that should be reciprocated.

NB. tithing is part of the law.
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 4:28am On Aug 12, 2013
^ Young man, you're going places and higher! Every time you speak, grace flows out of you and wounded heart are being healed. Don't under-estimate yourself and the gift of God in you. Stir it up! Great grace, great power to you.
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by freshope87: 10:45am On Sep 08, 2013
@Drummaboy, while I respect your views but I don't agree. The issue of tithing is a personal belief. Reading through the message which I see Ovamboland copied from the church blog, does not give you total right to insult Pastor Sam Adeyemi or any pastor whatsoever. When you don't understand a principle, it is fair you keep quiet. Also, if you feel strongly that tithing is evil and all pastors who collect tithe are theives, you don't you ask your " god" to enable you set up a group or church where you can preach your beliefs? Why take men up on a social media like this just to get unnecessary attention? As an independent writer, I take opinion of mindless people like you with a pinch of salt because who don't have pedigree . Your collaborators Ovamboland who initiated the topic lack proper understand of tithing, hence should remove the name of great man like Sam Adeyemi from such unfounded propaganda .
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 11:22am On Sep 08, 2013
freshope87: @Drummaboy, while I respect your views but I don't agree. The issue of tithing is a personal belief. Reading through the message which I see Ovamboland copied from the church blog, does not give you total right to insult Pastor Sam Adeyemi or any pastor whatsoever. When you don't understand a principle, it is fair you keep quiet. Also, if you feel strongly that tithing is evil and all pastors who collect tithe are theives, you don't you ask your " god" to enable you set up a group or church where you can preach your beliefs? Why take men up on a social media like this just to get unnecessary attention? As an independent writer, I take opinion of mindless people like you with a pinch of salt because who don't have pedigree . Your collaborators Ovamboland who initiated the topic lack proper understand of tithing, hence should remove the name of great man like Sam Adeyemi from such unfounded propaganda .

There is no principle involved in tithing, it is just a misunderstood/twisted doctrine imposed on believers by a good number of preachers because the twisted definition favours these preachers. Also I want to put it to you that your understanding of the tithing subject is not likely to be up to 10% of drummaboy's understanding as unlike you and most sheeple he as done extensive research and studies on the subject matter and he as now come to realise that it's just a scam.

If you are so sure of your convictions on tithing you are welcome to open a fresh thread challenging drummaboy or myself to a debate and we can determine who understands the subject matter better there.
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by Goshen360(m): 11:42am On Sep 08, 2013
^

There's no preacher under heaven that practice true and pure Grace teaching\gospel without mixing Judaism that will teach tithe\tithing to New Covenant believers. What we see is mixture of true Christianity with Judaism and tithe\tithing favours Judaizer teachers than Grace teachers and from that angle, they make merchandise of church people.

GOD'S WORD® Translation
There are many believers, especially converts from Judaism, who are rebellious. They speak nonsense and deceive people. They must be silenced because they are ruining whole families by teaching what they shouldn't teach. This is the shameful way they make money. Titus 1:10-11

2 Likes

Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 12:09pm On Sep 08, 2013
Goshen360: ^

GOD'S WORD® Translation
There are many believers, especially converts from Judaism, who are rebellious. They speak nonsense and deceive people. They must be silenced because they are ruining whole families by teaching what they shouldn't teach. This is the shameful way they make money . Titus 1:10-11

God bless you for this scripture Goshen, it absolutely explains and condemns the reason why tithe preachers preach tithing. smiley
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by freshope87: 12:23pm On Sep 08, 2013
@goshen360, do I need to run into a debate with you? Never. What is clear is that Everyman will live to face the consequences of is or her beliefs. It will be proper to allow everyone takes responsibility and not to come on a social site like this to run down any pastor. That is my point. If you strongly believe that Drummaboy has done so much research on the uselessness of tithing, why can't he set up his own church together with men and women like you as members where your beliefs can be taught well. Will that not be nice than to come here and challenge the principle that has been working for many for so many years?

My Christian faith believes in tithing and so it is. While some pastors may not be doing so well with the tithe of their churches, some are really impacting lives with their. A friend of mine attends Pastor Sam Adeyemi church in Lagos. I was condemning him not until I discovered that the church runs free skills trainings for every member of the society, not only his members only. They do so many humanitarian services free of course. I have also done some investigative works on his church as well. He is an open man and the impacts of the church is awesome. I just feel we should be quiet whenever we don't understand any principle if we cannot obey. It is only proper we don't trash men like Adeyemi. I trust you understand my view.
Re: Pastor Sam Adeyemi Comes Out Powerfully On Tithing by PastorKun(m): 12:24pm On Sep 08, 2013
Why can't Nigerians ask questions or think?
When your pastors want to buy a car/jet or acquire an asset they wash you with beautiful words backed up with verses. They tell you how important is it to give unto The Lord, tell you blessed is he that giveth and you are fully hypnotized to emptying your pockets with joy. Funny enough when you have your own problems they give you verses to read and instruct you to fast and pray, sly isn't? So if the method they offer you works so why don't they use it to solve their own problems?....no sentiments just think.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

What Are Dreams And Confirmation Of Spiritual Purity / Why I Deny The Virgin Birth Of Jesus / Atheists, You Are All Invited.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.