Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,171 members, 7,821,971 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 11:05 PM

Inspiring Act Of Random Kindness - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Inspiring Act Of Random Kindness (569 Views)

An Act Of Kindness Or Foolishness? / 11 Acts Of Random Kindness Done By The Poor / Abu Mikey's Thread Of Random Pics! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Inspiring Act Of Random Kindness by moodswing(m): 6:51pm On Aug 09, 2013
I just read a story about someone in need getting random assistance from someone he didn't know, so I got inspired to share similar experience of mine.

8years ago, I ran into debt because I had taken up an interest yielding loans from a friend to start a business but within 4 months, the business had collapsed and the cash was gone. Eight months elapsed but I wasn't able to pay back, since I was even struggling to feed properly. One promise to the other led to the involvement of the Police, I was arrested and later released on bail on the condition that I will sign an undertaking to pay up within a month.

As I left the police station, I picked my phone and called "everybody" I know in this world and told them my predicament, although they sympathized with me, but almost all of them were struggling too. Some requested for my account details and promised to send me anything they could raise, but none of them got back to me.

3 weeks had passed but I was only able to raise 68k coming 332k short. The fourth week, I reported to the police station, explained the situation of things and asked for more time, instead of getting my request granted, I received series of hot slaps and got locked up in the cell.

The next day, the IPO brought me out of the cell to "reason" with me. while we were "reasoning", The IPO's attention was needed and a certain girl who was sitting near me on the bench asked why I was being detained. I briefly explained to her, she just shook her head and said "Don't worry things will be better". I was later returned to the cell and the next day, the IPO came and told me that I am free to go. I was confused until when he told me that a good Samaritan whom I shared my situation with the previous day came to pay the debt and secured my release.

I just cried..................

Whoever she is and wherever she is, May she never know anything short of GOOD and favour. BLESS Her!.

Dolling out such an amount of money to help a random stranger is more than an "extraordinary act of kindness" Her kindness has inspired me to be a giver, not to those who want, but to those who need. I wish she could see what I've become in life. cry cry cry cry

If you have a story of an inspiring act of kindness.. Do share...

(1) (Reply)

The Lies Of Femi Fani Kayode Part 1 / Netherlands Close Eight Prisons Due To Lack Of Criminals / Linda Godwin Needs Your Help Please.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.