Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,803 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 (13733 Views)

Barcelona Vs Sevilla: UEFA Super Cup (5 - 4) On 11th August 2015 / Arsenal Vs Wigan (4 - 1) On 14th May 2013 / Manchester City Vs Wigan : FA Cup (0 - 1) On 11th May 2013 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 10:53am On Aug 10, 2013
While the Community Shield is traditonally seen as the season curtain-raiser, Wigan have already started their campaign. A comprehensive 4-0 victory over Barnsley last week was the perfect start for Owen Coyle and the new Latics boss has no new injury worries to contend with ahead of their trip to London.

The future of Wayne Rooney remains uncertain and, despite being named in England's squad for next week's friendly against Scotland, the striker is a major doubt for Sunday's clash according to his manager. Rooney has missed the majority of United's pre-season preparations with a hamstring injury but is now
struggling with a shoulder complaint. The involvement of defender Jonny Evans and winger Nani is also in question after the pair limped out of the 1-1 draw with AIK on Tuesday.

However, Moyes should be able to call upon David de Gea and Javier Hernandez who are both expected to feature in Rio Ferdinand's testimonal against Sevilla on Friday.

http://wearebluesforever..com
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 11:51am On Aug 10, 2013
Kickoff time is 2pm
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by BabaAlabi: 11:59am On Aug 10, 2013
Wigan 3 Man U 2....The era of Manchester United is over forever...say amen.
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 12:11pm On Aug 10, 2013
BabaAlabi: Wigan 3 Man U 2....The era of Manchester United is over forever...say amen.
Are you that wicked grin Anyway I don't think that Wigan can score up to 3 goals against Manchester United, but I know Wigan will win the Match
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by Posman(m): 1:14pm On Aug 10, 2013
I see ManU losing the game, they've not been impressive, not after the loss to sevilla
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 1:54pm On Aug 10, 2013
I don't think Moyes is ready for the job
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by emdafe: 5:37pm On Aug 10, 2013
moyes will be sacked before the season end
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by johnstar(m): 7:30pm On Aug 10, 2013
Its always hard 4 average manager 2 take over a big clubs, it won't b easy 4 moyes, juz like AVB did wn he joined chelsea, anyways, let's wait nd see wat happened dis coming season. wigan 2 vs 0 man utd
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 8:28pm On Aug 10, 2013
Wayne Rooney is set to miss the match
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by Betsysportsblog(f): 9:39pm On Aug 10, 2013
Haters y'all gon c wah l hpn
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 11:53pm On Aug 10, 2013
Betsysportsblog: Haters y'all gon c wah l hpn
Your club is going down tomorrow
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by Campusser(m): 1:27am On Aug 11, 2013
datChelseaBoy: While the Community Shield is traditonally seen as the season curtain-raiser, Wigan have already started their campaign. A comprehensive 4-0 victory over Barnsley last week was the perfect start for Owen Coyle and the new Latics boss has no new injury worries to contend with ahead of their trip to London.

The future of Wayne Rooney remains uncertain and, despite being named in England's squad for next week's friendly against Scotland, the striker is a major doubt for Sunday's clash according to his manager. Rooney has missed the majority of United's pre-season preparations with a hamstring injury but is now
struggling with a shoulder complaint. The involvement of defender Jonny Evans and winger Nani is also in question after the pair limped out of the 1-1 draw with AIK on Tuesday.

However, Moyes should be able to call upon David de Gea and Javier Hernandez who are both expected to feature in Rio Ferdinand's testimonal against Sevilla on Friday.

Are you on twitter? Follow the match live on twitter @SportingStudio and join our team of sports analysts for the best analysis of the match and other English Premiership Matches this season
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by Nobody: 7:43am On Aug 11, 2013
Hahahaha.. Your comments make me laugh.. You're talking about a match between the 2nd-biggest Footballing brand in the world and Minnows-Wigan and you're confidently siding the minnows?? Well, here are some facts you must bear in mind..
1. Wigan have a really poor record in matches against Man United. In their past 10 meetings, they have won only 1 of those matches and lost the other nine.

2. Man Utd are known for starting the seasons poorly, but picking up all along and ending the second-half of the season strongly. Hence, they are called the Second-half Kings. So, saying their reign is over is far too premature. In spite of their slow starts, they have won more Community Shields than any other club, which makes them historical favourites against any club in English football.

3. And Finally, Sentiments ruin the pure essence of football. We must sllow football speak for itself and not disfigure the unity in the game. I know it's an irony for a Chelsea supporter to Update a Man Utd game in their favour, but the spirit of sportmanship and the love of football couldn't have a better definition. Be Passionate, not Condemning.. ENJOY!!

4 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by yetunsbay(m): 8:04am On Aug 11, 2013
pls whc live streaming applicatn can i use to watch it
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 8:39am On Aug 11, 2013
CHYKMAN: Hahahaha.. Your comments make me laugh.. You're talking about a match between the 2nd-biggest Footballing brand in the world and Minnows-Wigan and you're confidently siding the minnows?? Well, here are some facts you must bear in mind..
1. Wigan have a really poor record in matches against Man United. In their past 10 meetings, they have won only 1 of those matches and lost the other nine.

2. Man Utd are known for starting the seasons poorly, but picking up all along and ending the second-half of the season strongly. Hence, they are called the Second-half Kings. So, saying their reign is over is far too premature. In spite of their slow starts, they have won more Community Shields than any other club, which makes them historical favourites against any club in English football.

3. And Finally, Sentiments ruin the pure essence of football. We must sllow football speak for itself and not disfigure the unity in the game. I know it's an irony for a Chelsea supporter to Update a Man Utd game in their favour, but the spirit of sportmanship and the love of football couldn't have a better definition. Be Passionate, not Condemning.. ENJOY!!
First of all history does not play football. Secondly that you were called Second-half kings under Ferguson does not mean it will continue under Moyes who doesn't know what it's like to challenge for a major trophy. And finally, Wigan is not as weak as they sound. They might be playing in the Championship right now, but that does not mean that they should be taken lightly. Remember that they beat Manchester City to get to this stage.
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 8:58am On Aug 11, 2013
In other news, Chelsea beat AS Roma 2-1 this morning to round off their preseason. Chelsea won 5 out of their 6 preseason games, scoring 20 goals and conceding just 6.
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by nickz(m): 10:39am On Aug 11, 2013
There's only one UNITED! There's only one UNITED

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 11:13am On Aug 11, 2013
nickz: There's only one UNITED! There's only one UNITED
We will find out today
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by Chimerase(m): 11:19am On Aug 11, 2013
I smell an upset dis afternoon cheesycheesycheesy wooooow I can't believe dis season dn start oooooooooooooo wia ma men freedo...chai I hear say police catch freedo embarassed
Abeg mak una release am season dn start o grin
I for no watch de match but the oni ile say na free (AWUF). cheesy
But I hear say awuf dey purge belle cry
On behalf of ma apkajiyomi slf I wish all nairaland a happi new season and ma beloved chelsea fans in nairaland, we rule the world #KTBFFH cool

1 Like

Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 12:24pm On Aug 11, 2013
Mods frontpage
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by Rhemar(m): 12:26pm On Aug 11, 2013
datChelseaBoy: In other news, Chelsea beat AS Roma 2-1 this morning to round off their preseason. Chelsea won 5 out of their 6 preseason games, scoring 20 goals and conceding just 6.
it's been a very impressive one for us and I c Chelsea translating dat spirit 2 d prem. nd european competitions, Man. U is in 4 big trouble dis season, Mourinho's presence is enough 2 account 4 their dismal performances. Fear factor at work
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 12:30pm On Aug 11, 2013
Rhemar: it's been a very impressive one for us and I c Chelsea translating dat spirit 2 d prem. nd european competitions, Man. U is in 4 big trouble dis season, Mourinho's presence is enough 2 account 4 their dismal performances. Fear factor at work
Hahaha. Come on Chelsea fans. Let's bully Man Utd grin
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by omniwater007: 1:00pm On Aug 11, 2013
Man u for life.
wether fergie or moyes.
i'm still representing the red devils come rain,come shine.

2 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by nickz(m): 1:10pm On Aug 11, 2013
datChelseaBoy: Hahaha. Common Chelsea fans. Let's bully Man Utd grin
you dont bully someone bigger than you grin

8 Likes

Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by Shifiunited: 1:16pm On Aug 11, 2013
Omo manu go suffer for this season o
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 1:38pm On Aug 11, 2013
Giggs, Zaha and Welbeck starts. Rooney misses out.
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by datChelseaBoy: 1:41pm On Aug 11, 2013
Wigan Athletic: Carson, Boyce, Barnett, Perch, Crainey, Watson, McArthur, McCarthy, McClean, Holt, Maloney.

Subs: Nicholls, Gomez, Espinoza, McCann, McManaman, Fortune, Dicko

Manchester United: De Gea; Rafael, Vidic, Jones, Evra; Giggs, Carrick, Cleverley, Zaha; Van Persie, Welbeck

Subs: To follow...
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by Chimerase(m): 2:06pm On Aug 11, 2013
Van pierse dn score angry
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 11, 2013
som1 pls hlp wit d link to watch d match
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by denony(m): 2:20pm On Aug 11, 2013
haters should jump from third mainland bridge, united 1
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by denony(m): 2:21pm On Aug 11, 2013
Dj hack: som1 pls hlp wit d link to watch d match

www.manutd.com
Re: Manchester United Vs Wigan : Community Shield - ( 2 - 0) On 11th August 2013 by MaziOmenuko: 2:33pm On Aug 11, 2013
First game, first trophy! Welcome to theatre of dreams, where dreams come true.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tottenham Vs Liverpool (0 - 5) On 15th December 2013 / Arsenal Vs Middlesbrough (0 - 0) On 22nd October 2016 / Arsenal Vs Manchester United [1 - 3] On Sunday 31st January

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.