Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:09 PM

How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? - Food (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? (14734 Views)

Ladies, Would You Like To Marry A Good Cook? / 10 Ways You Didn’t Know To Cook An Egg / Is It Wrong For My Wife To Compliment My Cooking? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by gentlechyke(m): 12:30pm On Sep 01, 2013
chymystique: African Men and Food as a Compulsory Marriage criteria!.... .. Dts one of d tyns u r meant to take notice of while u guys were datin.. Make u enrol her in a catering and culinary sch undecided
apart from kitchen services and home-keeping is there any other prior criteria to marry a woman?
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by ajanaku2(m): 12:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
johnstar: undecided, na so una go dey marry wife wey knw fit cook, bt she gt nyash and big brea$t undecided, ...SMH....

On My part, I really don't care if She's a Good cook! What are Restaurants and fast food joints for?

I just hope She'll be a Fool; that's the best thing a B!tch can be in this world...a beautiful, sexy, voluptuous Bimbo...

#Listening to Tupac's "Life goes on"#
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by slimfit7: 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
im serious, if u can hire me i'll teach her how to cook 3 varieties of food (07031241536) afang, edigang ikong and melon soups
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by britiko: 12:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
ayobarmy: Nairalanders i really need ur help on this, because my wife is gradually sending me packing from home, because she bored me with are tastless foods, and i am that kind of guy, that love good food. What baffles me most is that, i can even cook better than her, but i cant take over the kitchen bcuz, its her office (and i love her so much)...... Pls help me ooooooo

My guy, u need to exercise patience. Thank God u still love her.
U said uve taught her and she messes up. Its ok. At least she's
Willing to learn.
Always correct in love and not harsh words. I know dis is difficult but
U are willing to make ur marriage work.
Send her to a catering school. Alternatively, get these women dat goes
To parties to prepare food. The yorubas call dem OLOPO.
Dey r good, can come to teach her @ home. Its ok
She sees dem doing d cooking, she tastes, she can take notes and in all
Its a wonderful experience for her.
God bless you for wanting your marriage to work.
I wish u all d best.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by sylve11: 12:45pm On Sep 01, 2013
elujah1: Is she willing to learn? Coz once the interest isnt there, take her to the best catering school, she wouldn't do well. No matter how bad her food is, encourage her, tell her how great the meal is and she can do do better, trust me, with time she would. I have seen such before.

the best reply so far. Men be concious of ur probs, thats the best way u can learn. cool
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2013
omiobo: I ate the worst soup of my life yesterday. After being away from for 5days,my wife decided to welcome me with a food without maggi and salt. I was mad but I couldn't show it her that I was mad because of the tasteless soup. When I couldn't hold it anymore,I asked her what are the things missing in that soup. She laughed,and said maybe it's crazyfish,oh! Sorry crayfish. I said no that this is beyond crayfish. She laughed again and said salt and maggi.
Imagine a soup without salt and maggi. I asked her why. She said maggi and salt make one old on time. See me see wahala. See wetin beauty tips wan do my wife.

@Op,meself like good food,yesterday I know how u dey feel. You go continue to dey teach her. It takes time to be a great cook.
some ppl also dont put salt properly in food due to hypertension and other health issues, and coupled with increasing hatred for (seasoning)maggi among locals who believe it doesnt make ppl strong as the olden days ppl.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Okeikpu(m): 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2013
Wtf!!! Go and report her to d police or any of ya traditional leader grin
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 01, 2013
Buy cooking books for her, she will master it soon. Biko don't let another woman come between u and her.

By the way, this is why I must taste the food of any woman I must marry, cooked right in my kitchen. Some ladies no even sabi wash plate self Thank God your wife de attempt to cook because most naija girls especially those ones with long nails no sabi slice onions not to talk of cooking.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Nobody: 1:01pm On Sep 01, 2013
benkings: lol...while dey where courtinq op was more into s.ex dan food
he dn realise say sex nor be food

op teach her! Daz all!
not only sex o and beauty 2. Too late 2 lament..
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by gaburiel(m): 1:06pm On Sep 01, 2013
In the words of my father, "As a management problem, you would have to send your wife to a catering school, to learn the rudiments of cooking".
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by chymystique(f): 1:07pm On Sep 01, 2013
gentlechyke:
apart from kitchen services and home-keeping is there any other prior criteria to marry a woman?

Yes of course.. One of the main reasons is Companionship and also Reproduction
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by elohorayodele: 1:11pm On Sep 01, 2013
ayobarmy: Nairalanders i really need ur help on this, because my wife is gradually sending me packing from home, because she bored me with are tastless foods, and i am that kind of guy, that love good food. What baffles me most is that, i can even cook better than her, but i cant take over the kitchen bcuz, its her office (and i love her so much)...... Pls help me ooooooo

wonderful! Neva knew a woman's office is d kitchen! Its a lil bit weird if u are jst discoverin u married a gal who can't cook. Simply teach her since u knw ow to cook, since u luvvv her so much it def wud b fun. Cookin is nt magic, can b learnt in a vry short tym. Best of luck
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by omiobo: 1:18pm On Sep 01, 2013
bumdish: LOL
That's woman trick for you.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Harrisonn(m): 1:23pm On Sep 01, 2013
Africa Magic.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by victorv12(m): 1:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
The best advice I can give a guy going through this trauma, is to dump the girl fast! Any girl that doesn't know how to cook is useless. Damn, why won't a girl knows how to cook? I can't imagine telling my chick to prepare my favorite meal, "BEANS", and she doesn't know how to cook it. That girl is gone! Lol

She must be a very lazy girl and not properly brought up. Let's forget she's from a rich, average or decent home! I'm talking about my stomach mehnnn! Me as a guy can cook anything not to talk about my girl can't cook! Such a girl won't even be in my life in the first place, not to talk about her cooking in my kitchen. My taste board are highly sensitive. I swear!

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by dantechnig: 1:34pm On Sep 01, 2013
Jus take her to one igbo mama put or resturant dat u love der taste pay dem token for her to learn like 3 meal for now odas she will improve by herself. Am a guy I neva cooked until my nysc. Friends n colleagues gave me ideas n tot me but I use proper sense to prepare my meal dis days n it taste good.so give her room to learn and improve. Tell her not to add much water n salt den d fish or meat she buys affects d taste. Even d money she goes to market wit dey affect taste of food
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by elohorayodele: 1:38pm On Sep 01, 2013
victorv12: The best advice I can give a guy going through this trauma, is to dump the girl fast! Any girl that doesn't know how to cook is useless. Damn, why won't a girl knows how to cook? I can't imagine telling my chick to prepare my favorite meal, "BEANS", and she doesn't know how to cook it. That girl is gone! Lol

She must be a very lazy girl and not properly brought up. Let's forget she's from a rich, average or decent home! I'm talking about my stomach mehnnn! Me as a guy can cook anything not to talk about my girl can't cook! Such a girl won't even be in my life in the first place, not to talk about her cooking in my kitchen. My taste board are highly sensitive. I swear!

She's his wife nt his 'gal'.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by mayorall(m): 1:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
alpha conde: Bra, just be patient and teach her, u can also invite a good cook from ur family mayb you younger sis to stay with you guys for a while and help her learn.

Haaaa. Na war I swear, especially if he's from Yoruba family. It will leads to insults, they won't respect her for anything, she would lose value.

@op, please dont try it. Cant wait to get married to My lady too gringringringrin
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Skykid1208(m): 1:45pm On Sep 01, 2013
Patience is all u need bro,keep teaching her eventually she will catch up.u can enrole her in a catering skul if neccessary.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by gentlechyke(m): 2:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
chymystique:

Yes of course.. One of the main reasons is Companionship and also Reproduction
not everyone has to marry to have a companion nd for reproduction;adoption is an option
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by victorv12(m): 2:05pm On Sep 01, 2013
@ayodele Girl or wife, it's all thesame! How will a married woman doesn't know anything about cooking? If the kids are hungry, who's going to attend to them? Thesame goes to a guy that's in love with a girl too... I think any right thinking civil minded guy won't settle down with such a lady! It's an eye sour or taboo for any man that's wife can't cook. That man should go and hang himself!
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Olamatthew: 2:12pm On Sep 01, 2013
It may be difficult to teach your wife how to cook, you may not have that patience enough to teach her, just a number of men are not able to teach their wives how to drive. just enroll her in a catering school.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Tunmi(f): 2:41pm On Sep 01, 2013
Trade offices na. You do the cooking, you don talk am say na you sabi cook pass, while she does something else that she is good at.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Chomzy19(f): 3:19pm On Sep 01, 2013
gentlechyke:
I weep for ur present/future wife!
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by kcpragmatik(m): 3:37pm On Sep 01, 2013
establish competition......employ Ekaette!
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by gentlechyke(m): 3:39pm On Sep 01, 2013
chomzy.dnt weep yet, u might end up being the one.so berra learn how to cook delicious food wink
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by LEXYCOM: 3:42pm On Sep 01, 2013
Send her packing back to her parent...
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by dave247(m): 4:24pm On Sep 01, 2013
@Poster, I like your word (i love her so much). Please, teach her even if she can't cook. Catering school is also an option too, or you cook with her from there she will learn. Though, it's a matter of time. My partner do learn from me and i have never told her that i can cook more than her... Because, it makes them feel whether the meal tastes good to serve.
For your Wife, she will alwayz thank you for doing it with with her and for her...
Take away that spirit that wants to make you bring down the house because of tasteless food... Rome was not built in a day... I wish you well...The Lord is your strength.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by tellwisdom: 4:32pm On Sep 01, 2013
Send her packing angry
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by Sirlucky1(m): 4:33pm On Sep 01, 2013
Samelfisha: End time tinz grin

no wrry bro she will learn, time will tellwink
na only end time tinz you know, too many ill train, not cultured people here.
Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by ESULAALU: 5:04pm On Sep 01, 2013
Good ideas/suggestions people. However, do you know there are women who no matter how much they learn are just not blessed with culinary skills? In the case of this poster, it would even be more challenging cos he knows how to cook and has unconsciously set the bar which might be challenging for his wife to match because she is probably still learning or not good as good a cook as the poster is. She might find it a little intimidating when her hubby mentions it to her occasionally so please poster don't think she is being defensive or resistant to your advice. You need to sort this out somehow, no matter the advice anyone gives you, you live with you wife and would know how best to approach her to do your bidding. At the end of the day you would find out you do t need to spend a dime sending her to cookery school as you would both be in the kitchen together, you as the teacher and she has the learner. Please apply caution, i know food is important but am sure you didn't just marry her for food alone, extol her good qualities from time to time and point out areas you wish she would improve in and assure her of your support. Am sure she will understand. Love and patience is key, take care.

1 Like

Re: How Can I Help My Wife To Be A Good Cook At Home? by y2kplus: 5:20pm On Sep 01, 2013
Simple answer is by making cooking enjoyable, loving and interesting provided the man himself is not of the old school who believes his wife should do the cooking! I cook for my family and all my kids and wife always look forward to this treat.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Nigerian Low Calorie Diet / How I Make Yummy Chin Chin, Detailed Easy To Follow Steps (Photos, Video) / What Did You Eat For Breakfast, Lunch, And Dinner Today?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.