Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,363 members, 7,822,714 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:30 PM

How Do You Correct Your Spouse? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / How Do You Correct Your Spouse? (16263 Views)

The Best Place To Meet A Spouse (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by crystalballs: 8:13pm On Aug 12, 2013
We are all humans and fallible to errors, some avoidable while others are not.
As the husband how do you correct your wife's mistakes like burnt or salty food,leaving the house untidy, going out without permission or coming in late.
Wives, how do you correct your husband when over speeding, keeping late nights, scolding the kids to the extreme and likes.

Do you rebuke eachother publicly or escalate issues that can be sorted amicably withing just the two of you?
Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by whirlwind7(m): 8:29pm On Aug 12, 2013
My bed should give u a detailed explanation. Thats where all disputes between me and wifey gets resolved!

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by dayokanu(m): 8:37pm On Aug 12, 2013
An uppercut does it for me

22 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by coogar: 9:15pm On Aug 12, 2013
crystalballs: We are all humans and fallible to errors, some avoidable while others are not.
As the husband how do you correct your wife's mistakes like burnt or salty food,leaving the house untidy, going out without permission or coming in late.
Wives, how do you correct your husband when over speeding, keeping late nights, scolding the kids to the extreme and likes.

Do you rebuke eachother publicly or escalate issues that can be sorted amicably withing just the two of you?

this!!!

a bottle-breaking session followed by object throwing then we go into fisticuffs like amateur boxers. why settle things amicably when we can draw pints of blood from each other and turn the living room into a blood bath scene in a vampire movie...

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Nobody: 9:53pm On Aug 12, 2013
How to correct your spouse?? shocked

Let's see. How about time out? (1 minute per year of age) Taking away privileges? (hide the remote, delete his recorded sports shows, make stew...........only.) What about natural consequences? (e.g. he comes home late, he doesn't get the nookie, and if that disruption of sleep rhythm makes you tired the next day, he naturally doesn't get it that day too, and the next, and the next........)

Reserve corporal punishment for last, don't use objects like belt, koboko, omorogun etc, never hit on face or head. Make sure to explain what he did wrong afterwards so he understands why he is being beaten.

If all else fails, next stop...............the torture chamber......for the most recalcitrant, untrainable spouses....

cool

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Kanwulia: 9:57pm On Aug 12, 2013
Correct ke? grin
I resemble potential STROKE VICTIM?
A NIGERIAN MAN? shocked You are JJJJOKING with ya life! grin

We have passed that stage o!
He DARES not correct moi either!
Efry barrrry mein yin yown BISSSSSNESSSS!!! Amen!!!!!! cool
We are now in the 'IGNORE' phase! kiss

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:49am On Aug 13, 2013
coogar:

this!!!

a bottle-breaking session followed by object throwing then we go into fisticuffs like amateur boxers. why settle things amicably when we can draw pints of blood from each other and turn the living room into a blood bath scene in a vampire movie...
nawa for you o.you are always so weired.its because of violent peeps like you governour fashola made the domestic abusae law.cant you sit with your spouse and settle differences amicably like normal civilized human beings without the use of violence to the extent of blood stains and the likes. When its not that you peeps are savages.abeg try and change your mentality except if you and your spouse are professional boxers,then i can understand you peeps are practicing or rehearsing.meanwhile i suspect you are a gay because your tendencies have been bothering more on homosexual kinds of behaviours.if you are i wonder why you have inordinate lustful desires for men like yourself.

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Nobody: 8:58am On Aug 13, 2013
Kanwulia: Correct ke? grin
I resemble potential STROKE VICTIM?
A NIGERIAN MAN? shocked You are JJJJOKING with ya life! grin

We have passed that stage o!
He DARES not correct moi either!
Efry barrrry mein yin BISSSSSNESSSS!!! Amen!!!!!! cool
We are now in the 'IGNORE' phase! kiss
lol,for the first time,i will have to agree with 'mbgeketoto'.if you want to live long just ignore a 'nigerian man'.this worked for my grandma a whole lot.thats why she is still alive and not bedridden.she says this a lot of times.even one of her daughters (my aunt) that carries mans matter for head,is there suffering from stroke,now all her shouting and sleepless nights have yielded stroke.just behave like room mates,thats if you want to enjoy good health.sadly and unfortunatly for her,the man is having a field day with as many women as he likes while she is there in luth battling for her life

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by taryour(f): 9:21am On Aug 13, 2013
kulyie: nawa for you o.you are always so weired.its because of violent peeps like you governour fashola made the domestic abusae law.cant you sit with your spouse and settle differences amicably like normal civilized human beings without the use of violence to the extent of blood stains and the likes. When its not that you peeps are savages.abeg try and change your mentality except if you and your spouse are professional boxers,then i can understand you peeps are practicing or rehearsing.meanwhile i suspect you are a gay because your tendencies have been bothering more on homosexual kinds of behaviours.if you are i wonder why you have inordinate lustful desires for men like yourself.

Easy dearie, coogar is only joking jare. Guess you should know a joke when u see one. Coogar post is really funny but yours is funnier sef.

Abeg make you peeps for NL no kill me with laugh this early morning oo.

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Nobody: 12:46pm On Aug 13, 2013
taryour:

Easy dearie, coogar is only joking jare. Guess you should know a joke when u see one. Coogar post is really funny but yours is funnier sef.

Abeg make you peeps for NL no kill me with laugh this early morning oo.
grin
Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Aug 13, 2013
kulyie: nawa for you o.you are always so weired.its because of violent peeps like you governour fashola made the domestic abusae law.cant you sit with your spouse and settle differences amicably like normal civilized human beings without the use of violence to the extent of blood stains and the likes. When its not that you peeps are savages.abeg try and change your mentality except if you and your spouse are professional boxers,then i can understand you peeps are practicing or rehearsing.meanwhile i suspect you are a gay because your tendencies have been bothering more on homosexual kinds of behaviours.if you are i wonder why you have inordinate lustful desires for men like yourself.
Chei! K,
At first I said I won't laugh but I can't help it!

1 Like

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by mcevans1(m): 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
Before one corrects his/her your spouse, such needs to separate his or herself completely from emotion, bitterness and resentment

1 Like

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Aug 13, 2013
I've got a black belt wink

1 Like

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by phil5(m): 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
Slap,like dis tawaise!''''. U go fear slap

1 Like

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by saxy04: 2:18pm On Aug 13, 2013
By hook or by crook in d language she would understand
Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:19pm On Aug 13, 2013

I tell him stylishly, first.

then a little sternly, second.

third, I just knee him in the groin. then slap his head off his neck for good measure.

Thankfully, he heeds at the first point.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Pretyangel25(f): 2:20pm On Aug 13, 2013
All correction should be done when we are together on bed.there we talk about it

1 Like

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by mankind80(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
I alwayz use erazer

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by adextetoo(m): 2:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
nah fight between RANDY ORTON VS AFRO CANDY
Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by xynerise: 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
I stare at her and hissed and the next word is ''Antelope'' and she would smile and say ''What is it now?'' Then I make my complains and she frowns and apologises.

If the issue is at night, I wont say a word until we are about to sleep, we would backed each other. I would use my buttock to push hers and talk don start be that grin. She is slow to anger and hard to forgive grin

22 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by superior1: 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
Skip a meal (especially dinner), opt for suya and garri

1 Like

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by naijathings(m): 2:24pm On Aug 13, 2013
[size=14pt]correctional facility for some,
money will correct some,
good quiet time for some,
yaba left good for some of them.
church is good for some.
for some, you send them on compulsory holiday to their father's house.
while some just need some good steamy high powered SXX to bring them back to their senses.
the truth is ... it depends on the nature of the person who is about to be corrected.
some people are hard core liers ... they will never ever accept blame for anything.
some are ALWAYS RIGHT.. and will never say SORRY or THANK YOU.
how do you deal with such people ? Press DELETE BUTTON or ESC.
finally, you have to know when to walk away from such people before they make you mad while
you are trying to correct them

[/size]

4 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Latifahed: 2:25pm On Aug 13, 2013
By saying sorry. wink
Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Etumgbe(m): 2:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
By giving her knock on the head

2 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Haywhymido(m): 2:32pm On Aug 13, 2013
whirlwind7: My bed should give u a detailed explanation. Thats where all disputes between me and wifey gets resolved!
especially b4 d football match grin
Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Inioluwa01(m): 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
By reading the book of Deuteronomy 28 vs 1-end to each oda.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
xynerise: I stare at her and hissed and the next word is ''Antelope'' and she would smile and say ''What is it now?'' Then I make my complains and she frowns and apologises.

If the issue is at night, I wont say a word until we are about to sleep, we would backed each other. I would use my buttock to push hers and talk don start be that grin. She is slow to anger and hard to forgive grin
lol@antelope..
hilarious but made sense. Your wifey really fits you. Thanks

1 Like

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Nobody: 2:37pm On Aug 13, 2013
This thread is hilarious. *Grabs a seat*. Next please!
Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by Plutarch: 2:39pm On Aug 13, 2013
Any correction should be done politely; however,i think a man and a woman in a truely loving,mature and understanding relationship(especially marriage)should not have any problem communicating their feelings,sentiments,fears and opinions. cool. Ego when dealing with some1 you love should be at the bearest minimum. If the parties involved adhere to this,then their relationship will be an utopia

3 Likes

Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by eagleeye2: 2:40pm On Aug 13, 2013
grin grin grin
keep it coming guys....lmao
Re: How Do You Correct Your Spouse? by alphaconde(m): 2:45pm On Aug 13, 2013
Sound of silence
That's what I use
But most times I lead by example becuase of my children.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

World's Oldest Dad Has Another Baby At 96 / I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. / My Husband Now Locks His Phone, Should I Go Ahead And Lock Mine?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.