Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,764 members, 7,813,535 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:34 PM

Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter (3304 Views)

Nigerian Ronaldo Fan Murders Messi Fan In India / The Oldest And Most Active Female Supporter In The NPFL / Arsenal Fan Loses House To Manchester United Fan In Match Bet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by Truequest(m): 4:47pm On Jun 04, 2008
The age-long rivalry between supporters of English Premiership clubsides, Manchester United and Chelsea FC, took a tragic turn in Nigeria recently after the finals of the last UEFA Champions League as a man macheted his bosom friend to death.

The tragedy occurred during a heated argument between the two young men following the outcome of the match which Manchester United won.

P.M.News gathered that Christopher Udoh, a fan of Manchester United allegedly macheted his bosom friend, Elerus Patrick, a Chelsea FC fan to death as a result of argument at the end of the match.

According to the police at the State criminal Investigation Department, SCID, Panti, Yaba, where the matter is being investigated, the two friends who were next door neighbours in Ijanikin, near Badagry, had engaged in a serious argument over the two British teams and this degenerated into a fight.

The deceased, Patrick was said to have used a wood to hit Christopher, who in turn retaliated by dashing into his room and coming out with a sharp cutlass which he allegedly used to attack Patrick.

The victim was said to have become unconscious after the attack and was rushed to a private hospital but he died on the way.

Christopher was immediately arrested by policemen from Ijanikin police division and he was transferred to SCID, Panti, Yaba where he is currently being quizzed for alleged murder.

Police sources revealed that three witnesses have made useful statements to the police on the matter, and have volunteered to appear as state witnesses whenever the case was charged to court.

Meanwhile, the police have ordered a post-mortem to be carried out on the deceased to know the cause of his death.

The police have also said they will seek the advice of the Director of Public Prosecution (DPP) on the matter.

The Lagos State Police Command Public Relations Office (PPRO), Mr. Frank Mba, confirmed the story.

http://thepmnews.com/2008/06/04/manchester-united-fan-murders-chelsea-supporter

This madness over EPL must stop, just look at were it lead these guys. The story even said that they were friends.
Can you imagine that, killing your friend for Cristiana Ronaldo or Terry you may never meet.
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by Emma4u2c(m): 6:48pm On Jun 04, 2008
The name of the game is passion but it is unfortunate that they guy died.
Man U make una take time ooo!
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by cescky(m): 7:49pm On Jun 04, 2008
nigerians are just plain briainles cattle,imagine sad even when these players fight on the pitch,they make up after each match,then some poverty stricken persons in a hard economy like nigeria decided to kill them selves because of some normal human beings that will never know their nxt ten generations,this is too sad sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by Uche2nna(m): 7:52pm On Jun 04, 2008
cescky:

nigerians are just plain briainles cattle,imagine sad even when these players fight on the pitch,they make up after each match,then some poverty stricken persons in a hard economy like nigeria decided to kill them selves because of some normal human beings that will never know their nxt ten generations,this is too sad sad

And U forgot to add that the players that they are dying for are stikingly rich.

Passion in a game always makes competition more intersting but somettimes the levels some fans take thier loyalties really make me question thier sanity.
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by cescky(m): 8:00pm On Jun 04, 2008
@uche
thank u o, bros,if we critically analize the sitaution of their our nigerians
sanity we are just angry and frustrated,which is caused basically by our useless laeders and our bleeped up economy,if those guys were not idle or had a little doe to worry about such an act wldnt have happened sad
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by nazzyon(m): 8:06pm On Jun 04, 2008
It is good to be mindful of what we say.

Saying Nigerians are brainless,  It means yourself included.

Even in England and most of the other countries, it is not different but I take such action as selfishness. It is not in the name of the game and it must have gotten to a certain extent before this would happen to anyone.

If you watch a programme on Discovery Channel titled: Football Hulligans International, you will realise that it is not a new thing and it is worse in European countries.

It also happened sometime back in the last year between an Arsenal and a Liverpool fan.

Note: The reason why it is limited to one in every year is because we are not devoted to our local leagues. Had it been that we are devoted to our local league, be assured that hundreds will be dieing every year all because of a game.

Left to me, it is not reasonable to kill because of a game but such act is inevitable.
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by Uche2nna(m): 8:32pm On Jun 04, 2008
nazzyon:

Left to me, it is not reasonable to kill because of a game but such act is inevitable.

I beg to disagree
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by nazzyon(m): 8:40pm On Jun 04, 2008
You may decide not to kill anyone but there is a probability of 1 person among 100 people willing to do so.
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by eldee(m): 9:10pm On Jun 04, 2008
nazzyon:

You may decide not to kill anyone but there is a probability of 1 person among 100 people willing to do so.
Apparently, the fight did no start just because one guy said 'Drogba is crap'
It must have led to sumn that led to sumn before the final phrase that started the fracas.

My point is, a fight can start over other things like 'The Super Eagles', A bowl of water or just a snide look
We can't just blame the clubs, blame human psychology. . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by Xerxes4(m): 9:35pm On Jun 04, 2008
grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Hilarious!!!!!

A Man Utd fan in Nigeria bludgeons a Chelsea fan to death?
Just when i thunk i have heard it all. . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
I am still in awe with the way people take the game in Nigeria. . . .
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by eldee(m): 9:40pm On Jun 04, 2008
~Xerxes~:

grin cheesy grin cheesy grin

Hilarious!!!!!

A Man Utd fan in Nigeria bludgeons a Chelsea fan to death?
Just when i thunk i have heard it all. . . . . grin grin grin grin grin grin
I am still in awe with the way people take the game in Nigeria. . . .

So you've got enough liver to step in this joint
Y'all are freaking murderers grin grin
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by Xerxes4(m): 9:44pm On Jun 04, 2008
Murderers?
Puhleeeeeease. . . . . . .Nigerians don't kill for the fun of it. It has to be something to do with money.
These cats are not telling the true story. . . . . I urge the officer in charge of the case to take em to Sabo and torture em to submission.
2 electrical wires on their nuts should do the magic. grin cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by cescky(m): 11:00pm On Jun 04, 2008
nazzyon:

It is good to be mindful of what we say.

Saying Nigerians are brainless, It means yourself included.

Even in England and most of the other countries, it is not different but I take such action as selfishness. It is not in the name of the game and it must have gotten to a certain extent before this would happen to anyone.

If you watch a programme on Discovery Channel titled: Football Hulligans International, you will realise that it is not a new thing and it is worse in European countries.

It also happened sometime back in the last year between an Arsenal and a Liverpool fan.

Note: The reason why it is limited to one in every year is because we are not devoted to our local leagues. Had it been that we are devoted to our local league, be assured that hundreds will be dieing every year all because of a game.

if u read my post well,u'd see that i included my self!!
in europe fans fight not to the point of killing themselves,it only gets brutal when their high not when their sober
i dont know abt fighting over our local(beacuse if our govt can improve the leauge,it may also mean bigger economy)and if this happens who go wan go fight xcept agbero
the point is that the main prob of naija,na frustration
most nigerian are on the egde a lil breeze and machete appaers
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by Ibrahym(m): 11:55pm On Jun 04, 2008
useless Nigerians, embarassed embarassed shocked shocked sad sad angry angry
even in the UK and other parts of the world where football is well developed, with much more passionate and (let me say) 'real' fans they are not violent,

Why are we even surprised with such act when people have embedded adversarial behaviors in almost all their relations and activities, example is our continuous violent politics which is always a bitter war between parties/supporters,

when will we learn??

May Almighty Allah continue to guide and protect us, amen.

xx
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by AJITERU: 12:33pm On Jun 05, 2008
when are we going to be wise in this our great country where poverty is reigning? I don't understand why a fellow human being can be so senseless and mad to kill a fellow human being like you all because of football madness.These are the players that you can never see nor have chat with in your life except by watching them on the television or where ever you wish.This is really really sad. I beleive this will sound as a lesson to those who still have this cracy passion for football. Let us be wise!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by akinalabi(m): 1:55pm On Jun 05, 2008
This is simply insane. There is no other way to describe it.

No one does this in England where the life long fans are. Wetin
come be our own?
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by Xerxes4(m): 2:00pm On Jun 05, 2008
akinalabi:

This is simply insane. There is no other way to describe it.

No one does this in England where the life long fans are. Wetin
come be our own?

POVERTY!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by cescky(m): 3:46pm On Jun 05, 2008
~Xerxes~:

POVERTY!!!! cheesy cheesy cheesy

GBEM GBAM
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by gabelogan(m): 8:25pm On Jun 05, 2008
NIGERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WE TOO DO SEF
I NEVA HEAR SEY ANY CLUB SUPPORTER ASSAULT ANOTHER ONE FOR ENGLAND HERE OH SOTEY E REACH KILL, AS THEY DEY SHOUT AND VIBRATE FOR HERE REACH!
NA SO WE DEY CARRY ANOTHER MAN PROBLEM FOR OUR HEAD?
IF TO SEY NA KANO PILLARS FAN KILL ENYIMBA FAN OR IWANYANWU FAN KILL HEARTLAND FAN, E FOR MAKE MORE SENSE.

WE TOO DO
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by jubocycke(m): 10:44pm On Jun 05, 2008
I need someone to discuss Philosophy with, any sound mind out there?
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by Truequest(m): 10:48am On Jun 07, 2008
Left to me, it is not reasonable to kill because of a game but such act is inevitable

Why is it inevitable Why should some fellow killing their fellow just because a football club win or lost a game be inevitable? This is not a good way to reason please, that act cannot and should not be excused at all.
Re: Manchester United Fan Murders Chelsea Supporter by chidichris(m): 12:34am On Jun 14, 2008
na little brains.
man u fans and chelsea fans will always stay in the same place while wacthing the matches yet nothing happens between them.
the players no care if they win or loose.
na waa

(1) (Reply)

Week 14 Uk Pool Fixtures / Bet9ja Betting Codes / See What Official Mancity Tweeted After Goal Disallowed - Madness

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.