Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,300 members, 7,819,018 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 10:02 AM

Judge Orders Parent To Change Their Baby’s Name From ‘messiah’ To ‘martin’ - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Judge Orders Parent To Change Their Baby’s Name From ‘messiah’ To ‘martin’ (550 Views)

Court Changed Her Baby's Name From Messiah To Martin / Judge Orders Baby's Name Changed From "Messiah" To "Martin" / Tunde Bakare's Prophecy Of The Nigerian Messiah (to Be Fulfilled Very Soon) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Judge Orders Parent To Change Their Baby’s Name From ‘messiah’ To ‘martin’ by Roserbert(m): 9:23pm On Aug 13, 2013
A Tennessee judge has ordered a baby’s first name changed from “Messiah” to Martin, saying that the only true messiah is Jesus Christ, a ruling the boy’s mother promises to appeal, a Tennessee television station has reported.

“The word ‘messiah’ is a title, and it’s a title that has only been earned by one person, and that one person is Jesus Christ. And the child would likely struggle with his given first name because he lives in Cocke County, a predominantly Christian area in eastern Tennessee“, the Judge said.

The baby’s mother Jaleesa Martin said she would appeal against the judge’s order.
“I didn’t think a judge could change my baby’s name because of her religious beliefs,” she said.

She said she chose the name not because of its religious connotations, but because she liked how it sounded with her two other children’s names, Micah and Mason.

http://www.informationng.com/2013/08/judge-orders-parent-to-change-their-babys-name-from-messiah-to-martin.html?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Judge Orders Parent To Change Their Baby’s Name From ‘messiah’ To ‘martin’ by sexywapmaster(f): 9:35pm On Aug 13, 2013
lol.. hw many messiah we wan get?

Signature: join my website www.kimano.tk
Re: Judge Orders Parent To Change Their Baby’s Name From ‘messiah’ To ‘martin’ by ayobase(m): 10:26pm On Aug 13, 2013
I couldn't agree less with the Judge....that name is only for ONLY one!

It could be used another another context sha....OBJ was also one!
LOL!
Re: Judge Orders Parent To Change Their Baby’s Name From ‘messiah’ To ‘martin’ by Roserbert(m): 9:50am On Aug 14, 2013
sexywapmaster: lol.. hw many messiah we wan get?

I wonder o
Re: Judge Orders Parent To Change Their Baby’s Name From ‘messiah’ To ‘martin’ by Roserbert(m): 9:51am On Aug 14, 2013
ayobase: I couldn't agree less with the Judge....that name is only for ONLY one!

On point!

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Tele-preachers & Bank Account Numbers / "Muslims Aren't Terrorists" / Get Prepared For What's Coming

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.