Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,844 members, 7,828,076 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 11:36 PM

Wtf Is Svchost.exe ! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Wtf Is Svchost.exe ! (565 Views)

Which Anti Virus Can Kill Folder.exe / Remove Funny Ust Scandal.avi.exe Permanently / Hanging Application Iexplorer.exe Ver 6.0 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Wtf Is Svchost.exe ! by konari(m): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2008
HELP NAIRALANDERS!!!!!!!!!!! MY INTERNET CONNECTION SEEMS AWFULLY SLOW AND I NOTICE (WHENEVER I LAUNCH TASK MANAGER) SVCHOST.EXE IS ALWAYS UP AND RUNNING AND IT USES UP A LOTTA RESOURCES. I'D LIKE TO KNOW WHAT THIS SVCHOST.EXE DOES PRECISELY, CAN I END THE PROCESS TO SPEED UP MY INTERNET CONNECTION?
Re: Wtf Is Svchost.exe ! by TmeD0(m): 7:43pm On Jun 04, 2008
Svchost.exe is a system process belonging to MS Windows OS that handles processes executed from DLLs. It's important for the stable and secure running of your PC and in most cases you don't want to terminate it. Though some hackers can use it as a backdoor vulnerability on your machine to gain full control remotely. The thing sef can be a trojan depending on the directory location it runs or executes from. May i ask what kind of internet connection you're using? if it's broadband, you shouldn't have any problem unless you're running dial-up with other process-excessive applications. just to be safe, you might want to try and run a registry scan on your PC with HijackThis to see if those are legit svchost.exe running on your machine (i'm willing to bet they are but ya never know). Do post the scan result here after you install and scan your PC with that lightweight tool (HijackThis). Peace!

(1) (Reply)

Sound Audition / Payoneer Credit Card / Isp/internet Connection Needed Urgently.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.