Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,140 members, 7,860,099 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 05:11 AM

Phone Updates - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Phone Updates (762 Views)

[solved] Say No To Phone Updates,hanging And Other Blackberry Problems / Microsoft Bypasses Carriers To Deliver Early Windows Phone Updates (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Phone Updates by Middylek(m): 9:28pm On Jun 04, 2008
I hav a phone which i wanna update its firmware(nokia 5200 precisely),i already got d nokia updater but d problem am havin now is wit d internet network, cos am usin d same phone as a modem 2 konnect to d internet,is this gonna work or do i hav 2 find a fixed lan like multilinks or starcomms 2 carryout d update? Pls help out.
Re: Phone Updates by Donseaun(m): 9:33pm On Jun 04, 2008
Hw?
Re: Phone Updates by ceejay80s(m): 7:49am On Jun 05, 2008
@poster its very dangerous to update firmware, any mistake, that phone is gone 4eva. Its betta u sell it go to the market and get an already updated one from nokia by typing *#0000#
Re: Phone Updates by sect(m): 8:17am On Jun 05, 2008
Is it possible for you to use your phone as an internet modem and then update the same phone providing you internet connection simultaneously? Anyway,its not dangerous for one to update his/her phone. Its only risky if you have an unstable internet connection so if your multilinks/starcomms connection is stable,you can give it a try but if you dont have access to any stable internet connection PLS dont try to update your phone.
Re: Phone Updates by DualCore1: 8:37am On Jun 05, 2008
middylek hey whats up. . . what u're asking is as good as asking if u can format ur OS partition from the OS environment. worst case scenario, u'll cause a deadlock. plz dont try it.
Cheerz.
Re: Phone Updates by sect(m): 9:25am On Jun 05, 2008
Shey una dey fear to update phone firmware ni. Ok let me put it this way for you middylek. Updating a phone's firmware is a colossal risk in the sense that if there's a distortion in your internet connection,that could result to an indelible damage to your phone but if you've got a very stable internet connection(fast connection is also a plus) there's no reason for you to be scared to update it. Note that its mostly advisable for one to update his/her phone only if the phone is buggy so if you're not experiencing any bug in your phone and you're updating your phone for updating sake then you should be ready to face the consequences if it arises.
Re: Phone Updates by just2nice(m): 9:31am On Jun 05, 2008
A word is enough for the wise.
Re: Phone Updates by Middylek(m): 2:32pm On Jun 05, 2008
Tnx all,your advise is highly appreciated,, 4 now i dnt hav a stable connectn rather than dis glo,celtel,mtn and multilinks, so i guess no update, tnx again@all.
Re: Phone Updates by ceejay80s(m): 3:58pm On Jun 05, 2008
@poster to be on a safe side,dont update any phone even if u have a super fast internet connection. U know say that fast connection can be lost any time and if e be say na when u don start e go lose connection. U get phone now abi? Any mistake u go dey phoneless, and dat mean back to nokia 3310
Re: Phone Updates by Fadajasi(m): 4:33pm On Jun 05, 2008
And u can as well try it if u have enough money to buy a new one
Re: Phone Updates by Dujardin(m): 4:00pm On Jun 06, 2008
I hav a better idea to update your fone all you need are the equipments to flash nokia 5200 and then download a newer or letest (if you are lucky) firmware for your fone and flash it. I think the risk will be reduced.
You can google search how to flash it & what you need to do so i bet you i'll work,, that's what i did to my motorola A1000 and now i'm using one of the latest firmware created last year lol
Re: Phone Updates by dragnet: 4:09pm On Jun 06, 2008
Dujardin, yeah, that method works too & quit safe. . . .all u need apart 4rm other requirements is a full battery. . . .
Re: Phone Updates by azeez1425(m): 10:09am On Jun 30, 2008
@dragnet
can u help wit d update of N70 to N70me?
Re: Phone Updates by azeez1425(m): 10:10am On Jun 30, 2008
@dragnet
can u help wit d update of N70 to N70me?
Re: Phone Updates by MrInfo1(m): 10:29am On Jun 30, 2008
@ Middylek

It 99% risk less. You can update your phone's firmware using the same phone as a modem.  wink What matters is the speed of the connection. UMTS, EDGE or just GPRS ?  kiss
Re: Phone Updates by azeez1425(m): 10:33am On Jun 30, 2008
@info
N70 to N70me?
Re: Phone Updates by MrInfo1(m): 5:32pm On Jul 01, 2008
@ azeez1425

Your request full Google wink

Read more about: How to [url=http://www.esato.com/archive/t.php/t-139556,1.html] Turn Nokia N70 into Music Edition[/url]

(1) (Reply)

Do You Know You Can Send Free Sms From Your Computer. Try It / Ur Ideal Pls / Why Can U Post The New Vouchers Code And Free Mtn Call Code

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.