Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,560 members, 7,823,470 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Churches Burnt Down In Egypt As Pro-morsi Group Step Up Demonstrations - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Churches Burnt Down In Egypt As Pro-morsi Group Step Up Demonstrations (614 Views)

SA Pastor Who Makes His Congregation Eat Snakes, Beaten, His Church Burnt Down / Oyedepo’s Church, Winners Chapel Burnt Down Over Purported Support For Jonathan / Alert: Satan Has Poured Out Spirit Of Witchcraft, Heavily. Step Up Your Prayer (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Churches Burnt Down In Egypt As Pro-morsi Group Step Up Demonstrations by true2god: 7:14pm On Aug 14, 2013
Recent report had it that pro-morsi supporters,mainly the muslim brotherhood, have destroyed three churches in Egypt. Could it be that the revolution in Egypt is gradually shifting towards religious dimension?
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/morsi-supporters-torch-three-churches-in-egypt-reports/
Re: Churches Burnt Down In Egypt As Pro-morsi Group Step Up Demonstrations by deeobserver209(m): 7:47pm On Aug 14, 2013
true2god: Recent report had it that pro-morsi supporters,mainly the muslim brotherhood, have destroyed three churches in Egypt. Could it be that the revolution in Egypt is gradually shifting towards religious dimension?
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/08/morsi-supporters-torch-three-churches-in-egypt-reports/

Unfortunately, yes. That is the hard truth. That's exactly what happens when religion is mixed with state affairs. Nigeria is currently making the same mistake.
Re: Churches Burnt Down In Egypt As Pro-morsi Group Step Up Demonstrations by PastorKun(m): 8:57pm On Aug 14, 2013
true2god: Recent report had it that pro-morsi supporters,mainly the muslim brotherhood, have destroyed three churches in Egypt. Could it be that the revolution in Egypt is gradually shifting towards religious dimension?

I was actually in support of the muslim brotherhood cause I felt it was wrong for the military to remove their elected government. But with this unwarranted aggression towards churches, I can't but withdraw my support for them as they are proving themselves to be a bunch of lunatics.
Re: Churches Burnt Down In Egypt As Pro-morsi Group Step Up Demonstrations by true2god: 9:31pm On Aug 14, 2013
Pastor Kun:

I was actually in support of the muslim brotherhood cause I felt it was wrong for the military to remove their elected government. But with this unwarranted aggression towards churches, I can't but withdraw my support for them as they are proving themselves to be a bunch of lunatics.
Ya i agree. With this recent wanton destruction of places of worship, the legitimacy of their course is gradually eroded.

I think they need to keep their fight on a single front by avoid making their struggle a sectarian one. If the coptic xtains retaliate it will surely widen the crisis and expose the minority xtains to more danger.

They need to channel their energy fighting the military and not the xtains.

(1) (Reply)

Why We Need The Manifest Presence Of God On Nairaland Religion Section / Pope Francis Writes To Putin, Condem Military Intervention / Is It Good Travelling On Sunday? Albeit It's After Service

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.