Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,772 members, 7,809,978 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:07 PM

Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? (4330 Views)

Things You Must Know Before Coming To South Africa - A Nairalander In SA / Aa / Naijas In Rome (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by mario147(m): 9:44pm On Aug 14, 2013
Any nairalander in Rome,Italy?

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Aug 14, 2013
hmmmmmmmmm......congrats mario, you finally made it to italy......how did you cross the sea? can you share your experience so others can learn... grin grin
mario147: Any nairalander in Rome,Italy?

2 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Naijalastborn(m): 10:43am On Aug 15, 2013
ogakpatakpata: hmmmmmmmmm......congrats mario, you finally made it to italy......how did you cross the sea? can you share your experience so others can learn... grin grin
you knw him ni....
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 11:28am On Aug 15, 2013
l don't know him,but, l recalled he shared his experience on this thread how he passed through the desert to enter libya.... and now he has crossed over to italy..... grin grin
Naija_lastborn: you knw him ni....
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Naijalastborn(m): 1:17pm On Aug 15, 2013
ogakpatakpata: l don't know him,but, l recalled he shared his experience on this thread how he passed through the desert to enter libya.... and now he has crossed over to italy..... grin grin
omo d guy na jinn ni oo cross where?? desert
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 1:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin.....yes you must cross an ocean by boat or ship to sail from libya to italy, although, it is risky,some people survived it, but, some others get drown in the sea...they sometimes show it on CNN......but mario, is a determined young guy.....so l wanted him to share for others to learn.....
Naija_lastborn: omo d guy na jinn ni oo cross where?? desert

1 Like

Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Naijalastborn(m): 5:38pm On Aug 15, 2013
ogakpatakpata: cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy grin grin grin grin grin.....yes you must cross an ocean by boat or ship to sail from libya to italy, although, it is risky,some people survived it, but, some others get drown in the sea...they sometimes show it on CNN......but mario, is a determined young guy.....so l wanted him to share for others to learn.....
he must share his experience oo...haaa
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 6:09pm On Aug 15, 2013
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Naija_lastborn: he must share his experience oo...haaa
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by mario147(m): 3:22pm On Aug 24, 2013
Yea,am going to tell you the full story but it was not really easy if not for God intervention.

mario147: Any nairalander in Rome,Italy?

3 Likes

Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 3:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
l know my brother, going to Europe via sahara desert either through libya,Algeria or Morocco is not a childs play; thank God his grace sustained you Mario, am still waiting to hear your full story......cheers;enjoy your adventure in italy... cheesy cheesy cheesy
mario147: Yea,am going to tell you the full story but it was not really easy if not for God intervention.

Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
Allow the guy to share his story na angry
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
We are all ears waiting for him to share his story;nobody is holding or preventing him from sharing it. grin grin grin
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:15pm On Aug 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: We are all ears waiting for him to share his story;nobody is holding or preventing him from sharing it. grin grin grin

Lool. Take it easy tongue
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 24, 2013
Thanks; hope you are enjoying your weekend cheesy cheesy cheesy
adaobi123:

Lool. Take it easy tongue
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:30pm On Aug 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Thanks; hope you are enjoying your weekend?

No. angry

Its raining
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
really whereas it is abit hot here in the middle east,although,last month was terribly hot here,but,it has calm down....
adaobi123:

No. angry

Its raining
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:33pm On Aug 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: really whereas it is abit hot here in the middle east,although,last month was terribly hot here,but,it has calm down....

The middle east is always hot, no ? Where do you stay in the middle east ?
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
l live and work in Dubai; although, schooled and worked in North America before moving down here.
adaobi123:

The middle east is always hot, no ? Where do you stay in the middle east ?
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: l live and work in Dubai; although, schooled and worked in North America before moving down here.

Dubai ? That's cool cool cool

How is it out there ? Is work good ? The people friendly ?
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:47pm On Aug 24, 2013
Yah; as long as you live within the ambit of the law,very friendly people, and they don't bother or disturb you base on your religion/religious views, lots of churches here, l consider Dubai the most liberal amongst all countries in the middle east.
adaobi123:

Dubai ? That's cool cool cool

How is it out there ? Is work good ? The people friendly ?
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Aug 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: Yah; as long as you live within the ambit of the law,very friendly people, and they don't bother or disturb you base on your religion/religious views, lots of churches here, l consider Dubai the most liberal amongst all countries in the middle east.

Really ? It sounds a nice place to be. I need to go asap cool
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
yah.......there is a catholic church, christ embassy, rccg, winners chapel and several other religious group here....very peaceful country......
adaobi123:

Really ? It sounds a nice place to be. I need to go asap cool
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:54pm On Aug 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: yah.......there is a catholic church, christ embassy, rccg, winners chapel and several other religious group here....very peaceful country......

So I'm guessing theres a large number of nigerians there.....
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:58pm On Aug 24, 2013
yah; not just Nigerians, we do have more East Africans here compared to Nigerians; they have been coming to dubai for ages.
adaobi123:

So I'm guessing theres a large number of nigerians there.....
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 4:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: yah; not just Nigerians, we do have more East Africans here compared to Nigerians; they have been coming to dubai for ages.

Okay cool. tongue

We don derail this thread finish grin
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 24, 2013
l guess we stop and allow mario download his story here....lolz grin grin grin grin so mario, am still waiting to hear your full story......
adaobi123:

Okay cool. tongue

We don derail this thread finish grin
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 5:05pm On Aug 24, 2013
ogakpatakpata: l guess we stop and allow mario download his story here....lolz grin grin grin grin so mario, am still waiting to hear your full story......

I'm waiting too. grin
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by mario147(m): 11:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
To startd Tostory i will 1st ofandll say a big thank u to almighty God for making me still alive till today.I dont really have much to say about d journey,its just dat we spent about two weeks in a place where dey arrange for us as camp inwhich we are waiting for d weather to clear i.e if d weather is clear d sea will be calm for us to move but u will not underatand what i mean by d weather,its only does that are in libya or dat has pass thru the sea that will understand.on the 17 of july we left libya around 1am on a boat(zodiak) which is just like a ballon carring 70people consisting of ivory coast,nigerians,ghanians,mali,gambians,benin republic and one indian man.63 of us are boys y 7 are girls.we drove from 1am to 2pm wen we now discover dat our boat is already lessing which means sometin has bursted it.That is when everybody started paniking because there is no remedy,if d boat get flat everybody is going to die instantly so we started calling d italian sea rescue with our turaya phone but they keep telling us that they cant come to rescue us because we are still far from the italian territory.That is when everybody thought it was over because dat was d only hope we got.
So we started praying but in our mind we thought dat was our last day on earth because d captain has already crying saying we cant make it.Those guys calling the italian rescue didnt relent,dey had to lie to d rescue dat we had about 30 women on d boat and dat 17 are pregnant.immediatly d rescue heard dat,they told us to stay calm dat they are on their coming,dats wen we started having little hope.we waited for almost 3hrs we didnt see any rescue and d boat is already flat so we decided to hold our hands together to say d last pray of our life dat is wen we saw an aircraft coming to our direction and telling us dat we should keep calm dat they are italian sea rescue and b4 we know it 2 Big vessel has already arrive and started rescueing us inside their vessel and these was around 8.30pm.The vessel drove through the 9t and we arrive in lampedusa(italian island) around 4am d next day where we were welcome and treated like a king with new cloths,shoes,etc After some hrs we were taken to Rome with a first class plane.we were kept in a hotel were we eat 3 Square meal everyday.mind u,d whole expenses is taken care of by d UN.

That is the end of my story,if any question dont hesitate to ask me.

adaobi123:

I'm waiting too. grin

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by chucky234(m): 1:13am On Aug 25, 2013
Interesting
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 1:14am On Aug 25, 2013
What a story.
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by sobastical: 2:06am On Aug 25, 2013
God is full of mercy, I'm touched smiley
Re: Any Nairalander In Rome,italy? by Nobody: 5:39am On Aug 25, 2013
@mario147............l am touched by your story, what a risk?........but am so happy and glad that it ended well;thanks to God Almighty for his grace and mercies that saw all of you through the ordeal......

(1) (2) (Reply)

Photos: Top 10 Best Countries To Live In The World 2013 / The Plight Of Nigerians In Cape Verde Island / Accident In Port Harcourt This Morning..car Tumbles (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.