Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,346 members, 7,954,405 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:16 PM

Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves (8092 Views)

Miss Venezuela Wins Miss Universe 2013 / Hair Robbery Is The Latest Trend In Venezuela / Women With Hair Under Their Chins (how Do You See It) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by naptu2: 11:27am On Aug 15, 2013
[size=14pt]Venezuela's Maduro pledges action on women's hair thieves.[/size]

15 August 2013 Last updated at 05:12

President Maduro called on the interior ministry and police to act against the gangs.

Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro has called on the police to act against gangs that are stealing women's hair.

The thieves sell the hair - sometimes stolen at gunpoint - to salons where it is used for extensions and wigs.

Attacks appear to be on the rise, especially in the country's second largest city Maracaibo, local media report.

Mr Maduro used strong language against what he called "mafias that cut girls' hair".

Speaking at the inauguration of a train station in the capital Caracas, he said the government would guarantee that the thieves would be caught.

Several women have reportedly been targeted, being asked to tie their hair into ponytails so that gang members can easily cut it off.

However, the BBC's Irene Caselli in Venezuela says authorities are yet to receive any formal complaints.

One victim told a local newspaper that she refused to report the case to the police because she feared being teased.

http://m.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-23707452
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by manover: 2:33pm On Aug 15, 2013
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Panzastrip(m): 2:34pm On Aug 15, 2013
Really?
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by emygreat747(m): 2:35pm On Aug 15, 2013
Just hope they mafias wont be traced back to Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by chelseaguy: 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
This so unreal... funny yet serious. I guess some of those hair on our girls are stolen too.

2 Likes

Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Kolade9(m): 2:36pm On Aug 15, 2013
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Nobody: 2:40pm On Aug 15, 2013
grin grin grin So funny!!! grin grin grin
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by abdul4new(m): 2:41pm On Aug 15, 2013
Most of our girls in nigeria used wigs and attachment how are we sure it is not stolen hair.

1 Like

Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by wckabuoh(m): 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
Funny, but so sure this can be traced back to our Nigeria ladies. The Kingpin must be in this town.

1 Like

Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Nobody: 2:42pm On Aug 15, 2013
That reminds me I have to go fix my Venezuela extension undecided

1 Like

Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by emmaduks(m): 2:43pm On Aug 15, 2013
Kolade9: grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
yeeeee if u thief my sister hair police will catch uuu
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by 25Calibre(m): 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
Sad day for our black women, especially Nigerian women.

You going to have to shell out good money to buy your weave since you don't appreciate your God given hair

1 Like

Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Nobody: 2:46pm On Aug 15, 2013
grin grin grin

wot about the buyers.
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by logica(m): 2:47pm On Aug 15, 2013
I guess they now offer hair insurance in Venezuela.
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by cycline404(m): 2:50pm On Aug 15, 2013
I Knew it that this would happen..... That is why they re ship it back to Niger and here they call it HUMAN HAIR.... i wonder maybe the natural one on their head is ANIMAL HAIR...... PALAPALA.....

Infact if i have my way the last one i bought for my babe i go collect am back!
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Nobody: 2:51pm On Aug 15, 2013
No wonder hair are nt as expensive as they use 2 b b4 girls can now afford it and stil do big girl.
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by timpaker(m): 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
Ifunanya come see oooo. that hair wey Segun buy for you na thief him thief am oooo. [s]at least you no go dey borrow my hair cream to dey waste for that fake hair[/s]
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Fazhy: 2:52pm On Aug 15, 2013
And that has to attract the President attention?

1 Like

Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by londoner: 3:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
Its not even about just fake hair for black women.

People in South Africa, are also being attacked and their dreadlocks cut off and resold.

Wonders shall never end!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-africa-21498878
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by dareyking(m): 3:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
Shabba!!...Darelee i'm jst me....Y'all cn jst go to whr sef??....jst wanna say smetin thou...
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Nobody: 4:03pm On Aug 15, 2013
So na thief thief hair our women de paste for dem head. Posession of stolen property na crime o.

1 Like

Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by bennybaba(m): 4:08pm On Aug 15, 2013
In venezuela gangstars voice*ur hair or ur life*
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Exodus2k(m): 4:18pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lol baby oku things grin
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Nobody: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2013
smiley

0rganised crime...
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Ishilove: 5:20pm On Aug 15, 2013
Team Natural weaves! Yipeee!! cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Ezeibe(m): 5:28pm On Aug 15, 2013
,,,,,,,,,,!!!!!,,,,,,,,,,,
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Dpeacemaker101: 5:57pm On Aug 15, 2013
Lol, I dey laff for pidgin. Naija girls take note.
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 15, 2013
I hope they get the situation there under control. So scared for those women. I can't imagine walking and minding my own business and someone comes and cuts my hair off. How scary. Hope they won't resort to killing them just because of hair.
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by ohye(f): 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2013
So na stolen hair wey all these babes cary dey do guy here & their. Mtcheeew, Rubish fake lyf
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by FOLLEY20(m): 8:04pm On Aug 15, 2013
Another type of boko haram of Venezuela.
Re: Venezuela's President To Deal With Hair Thieves by babsomotde(m): 1:18am On Aug 16, 2013
We get kurokuro hair for Naija...Come we have dandruff hair for sale. Boku for free if you want to dey export am go Venezuela.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Omoni Oboli On The Cover Of Beautybox Magazine April Edition / Ten Tribal Hairstyles / Why Are Our Ladies Not Dressing Decently?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.