Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,912 members, 7,821,181 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:22 AM

Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? (24938 Views)

Photos: The Beautiful African City Of Windhoek, Capital Of Namibia / Relocating To Abuja From Lagos / Advice On Traveling To Namibia. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by cutieme(m): 6:07pm On Aug 15, 2013
Hello Nairalanders especially nigerians plying their trade in Namibia please i'd like to know more about the country(Namibia)I'm a fresh graduate from the university and i've been having this dream of moving to Namibia to stay,so pls can Nigerians there tell me how life is over there in terms of getting a job,doing business,accomodation,their economy,weather,currency,immigration law and e.t.c.Pls i'd be happy to hear from you guys over there Thanks.
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by igochopurs(f): 6:12pm On Aug 15, 2013
Try Ethiopia.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by Teeswift(m): 7:02pm On Aug 15, 2013
igochopur$:
Try Ethiopia.

Ethiopia? Sis, wat abt it pls?
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by cutieme(m): 8:53pm On Aug 15, 2013
please i really need better info and contribution on this fellas.Pls Nigerians in Namibia or any nairalander who has concrete info should not hesitate to share it here,cheers.
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by souleymon(m): 3:20am On Aug 16, 2013
where on Nigeria are you op.

move to a better state and don't try to struggle in a struggling country

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by cutieme(m): 7:21pm On Aug 16, 2013
hello justwise what's your take on this?I need views from Nigerians there or those that have been there.Cheers.
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by Syenite(m): 9:00am On Aug 19, 2013
angryMy friend you better Stay put in ur native Nigeria. Strive and work hard, you' l break through. My God! Namibia of all countries?
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by Tats(m): 11:28am On Aug 19, 2013
Syenite: angryMy friend you better Stay put in ur native Nigeria. Strive and work hard, you' l break through. My God! Namibia of all countries?

Namibia isn't an undeveloped country, so the OP has identified a good place to move to. Namibia is a peaceful and unspoiled country to be in and is not as well know as South Africa. However, at this stage, you can't convince the OP to remain in Nigeria if he has gone to the extent of identifying Namibia as a place to go. I blame those who govern us for all this. We should have people from other countries wanting to come to Nigeria and not vice versa.

35 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by cutieme(m): 2:37pm On Aug 19, 2013
more views are welcomed.thanks @tats for that enlightment on Namibia.ofcouse namibia is a peaceful and beautiful country with good prospects as i was told...but please i want someone residing there at the moment to tell me more before i finally pack my bag and heed towards that direction.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by Nobody: 3:46pm On Aug 19, 2013
Relocating to Namibia is a good choice, but again, you need to figure out what you will be doing there to survive as per Job.

It's peaceful and Windhoek is the cleanest or one of the cleanest cities in Africa. You will not regret moving there.

You should move there if you have a legal means to. The people are civilized and literacy rate is high too.

If I wanna settle in other countries in Africa, Namibia, Botswana would be my choice, or Barbados in the carribeans.

you can see more pictures of this beautiful lovely country here

http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=1484104

Enjoy!!!

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by cutieme(m): 12:28pm On Aug 20, 2013
Thanks very much for that enlightment@dahonestboss.Please more views are needed.If u're a Nigerian residing in Namibia,please let's hook up.Drop me your email address or something let me contact and make more enquiries,thanks.

1 Like

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by iykbethany(m): 2:05pm On Nov 16, 2014
cutieme:
Thanks very much for that enlightment@dahonestboss.Please more views are needed.If u're a Nigerian residing in Namibia,please let's hook up.Drop me your email address or something let me contact and make more enquiries,thanks.

Namibia is a beautiful and peaceful country for holidaying and tourism, not for hustling. As a Nigerian graduate if you want a Southern African country with high paying jobs then choose only SA and Botswana, not Namibia. Namibia is poorer than SA and Botswana. Nigerian doctors and nurses in Botswana are earning good salaries, almost similar to salary in SA.

Having steady electricity and clean streets is not enough. You need a country that has high paying jobs, unless you are an entrepreneur that wants to establish his own business.

Always get lots of info before going anywhere. Don't work on just mere hearsay's. When you get there you will discover things are not what you are told.

Finally I think that its high time Nigerian graduates start creating jobs, instead of graduating and looking for someone to employ you. Its a shame after spending years in school you are now looking to Namibia for job. Use your creative mind, think and create things that we need in Nigeria. You will be richer than you can imagine. There is lots of money in Nigeria.

16 Likes

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by cutieme(m): 5:44pm On Nov 16, 2014
@iykebethany,thanks for your contribution but let me clear the air on your statement that a Nigerian graduate is travelling to Namibia and waiting to be employed... I stand to quote you wrong!Not everyone travelling is doing that on the grounds of being employed.Nigerians generally are entrepreneurs and so would always look for new horizons and business friendly platform for more profits and for them to extend their business frontiers, this i believe is the basis for many embarking on such trip.

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by iykbethany(m): 11:09pm On Nov 17, 2014
cutieme:
@iykebethany,thanks for your contribution but let me clear the air on your statement that a Nigerian graduate is travelling to Namibia and waiting to be employed... I stand to quote you wrong!Not everyone travelling is doing that on the grounds of being employed.Nigerians generally are entrepreneurs and so would always look for new horizons and business friendly platform for more profits and for them to extend their business frontiers, this i believe is the basis for many embarking on such trip.

Ok I gat you its all good. I still believe its much easier and better to start whatever business back home and then expand overseas later.
But whichever way it works for you is very fine. good luck

1 Like

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by benlaprof: 11:58pm On Jan 27, 2016
Does anyone have any phone number to contact the Namibian consular officer? They are not replying mails and the numbers on their official website are not responding.
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by SisterCaro(m): 4:40am On Jan 29, 2016
souleymon:

i do not know what gave you the delusional idea that Namibia is worse off.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by benlaprof: 12:50pm On Jan 29, 2016
You are very correct my guy. Apparently, people have not noticed how tough things are here and how hesitant the government has been in standing up to these many challenges that have seemed intractable.
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by optimusprime2(m): 2:49am On Jan 30, 2016
Well, not like I would say Namibia is the best of places to relocate to in Africa on a long term basis, especially when compared to other African countries within Namibia's Geographic Radius,
But if you stayed there long enough to Naturalize, Namibian Citizenship is not a bad Idea, as their passport can get you places e.g Canada, Brazil and UK would Grant you Visa's upon entry for 6months... Now that's pretty decent just that... Namibian constitution does not permit dual citizenry.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by benlaprof: 11:39am On Jan 30, 2016
When on a visit to Namibia through invitation, can one later apply for work permit over there before the expiration of his visa? Or must it be applied for in the visitor's country?
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by BOWOTO(m): 9:09am On Feb 01, 2016
souleymon:

Have you been to Namibia? smh
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by BOWOTO(m): 9:11am On Feb 01, 2016
iykbethany:

Namibia is a beautiful and peaceful country for holidaying and tourism, not for hustling. As a Nigerian graduate if you want a Southern African country with high paying jobs then choose only SA and Botswana, not Namibia. Namibia is poorer than SA and Botswana. Nigerian doctors and nurses in Botswana are earning good salaries, almost similar to salary in SA.

Having steady electricity and clean streets is not enough. You need a country that has high paying jobs, unless you are an entrepreneur that wants to establish his own business.

Always get lots of info before going anywhere. Don't work on just mere hearsay's. When you get there you will discover things are not what you are told.

Finally I think that its high time Nigerian graduates start creating jobs, instead of graduating and looking for someone to employ you. Its a shame after spending years in school you are now looking to Namibia for job. Use your creative mind, think and create things that we need in Nigeria. You will be richer than you can imagine. There is lots of money in Nigeria.

Not everyone will work and live in Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by souleymon(m): 12:40am On Feb 02, 2016
BOWOTO:

Have you been to Namibia? smh

No and i dont intend to cos am not struggling in Nigeria
Like there r no poor people in other countries as well
while go to a country where u be treated as a third citizen
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by souleymon(m): 12:42am On Feb 02, 2016
SisterCaro:
since when was being in any Nigerian state which will most probably be overpopulated with insufficient water and electricity supply and high unemployment rate ever a better decision than moving to Namibia? grin cultism, ritualism and terrorism are not common norms in Namibia as they are in Nigeria i do not know what gave you the delusional idea that Namibia is worse off.

Give me a country worldwide that doesnt portray the above
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by BOWOTO(m): 8:03am On Feb 02, 2016
souleymon:

No and i dont intend to cos am not struggling in Nigeria
Like there r no poor people in other countries as well
while go to a country where u be treated as a third citizen

It's not everyone that goes outside Nigeria that struggles, what's the percentage of people suffering here in Nigeria, I take it you've not been out of your zone to get experience and exposed.
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by benlaprof: 8:44pm On Mar 18, 2016
When booking a flight for international travel, does the booking fare include transit visa cost from those country or is one responsible for the transit visa cost?
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by ebimarian: 6:40pm On Aug 14, 2016
cutieme:
Hello Nairalanders especially nigerians plying their trade in Namibia please i'd like to know more about the country(Namibia)I'm a fresh graduate from the university and i've been having this dream of moving to Namibia to stay,so pls can Nigerians there tell me how life is over there in terms of getting a job,doing business,accomodation,their economy,weather,currency,immigration law and e.t.c.Pls i'd be happy to hear from you guys over there Thanks.
Hello....saw your post.... Please are u now in Namibia....I want to relocate there too....I need advice... Thank u

1 Like

Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by worry359(m): 8:30pm On Aug 14, 2016
benlaprof:
When booking a flight for international travel, does the booking fare include transit visa cost from those country or is one responsible for the transit visa cost?

Air ticket just covers the air-plane costs.
If you need a visa to enter the country (most countries for Nigerians.)
You must obtain and pay separately for it.
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by seunoni34(m): 2:30am On Aug 15, 2016
You people just fancy any idea of leaving Nigeria not minding if where you're going is another sh!t hole.
Namibia of all countries cry smh
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by ebimarian: 6:36pm On Aug 28, 2016
[quote author=seunoni34 post=48488697]You people just fancy any idea of leaving Nigeria not minding if where you're going is another sh!t hole.
Namibia of all countries cry smh[/quote

hello seun...have u being there
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by xperiencd: 12:21am On Sep 20, 2016
Think twice, otherwise you will regret it, take it or leave it embarassed!
Re: Is Relocating To Namibia Worth It As A Nigerian? by ThunderingHooves: 1:49pm On Sep 22, 2016
souleymon:

Namibia is a prosperous, sober, peaceful, thriving country in southern Africa best known for its diamonds and fish industry . Namibians are a very quiet, unassuming people who are courteous and non confrontational to a fault. Very good folks, am proud to call a good number of Namibians my personal life long friends since my teen years. Along with Botswana, it's what like to refer to as the Scandinavian countries of Africa for the way they provide for social services and welfare to its most vulnerable citizens (octogenarians and other disadvantaged groups receive a State stipend ). For my liking its hot as hell, what with it being in the Namib and Kalahari deserts. Not to say there are unproductive regions, esp in its north.

Next time reconsider the meaning of struggling and get to say factual things based on your own experience or educated deductions about other African countries. Stop flogging this dead horse called "All African countries are useless ", because truth be told alot of things actually do work in a good number of them.

16 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Check Out Kano City In The '60s / Uk Visitor's Visa ( First Timers) / 15 Things To Know About The Third-mainland Bridge

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.