Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,320 members, 7,815,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:24 PM

American Hospitality; JFK Airport Style - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / American Hospitality; JFK Airport Style (861 Views)

Nigerian Man With Valid US Visa Arrested At JFK Airport In New York / Nigerian Dies At JFK Airport In New York / What Oyinbo Man Did To Me At Jfk Airport New York (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

American Hospitality; JFK Airport Style by Nutase: 12:46am On Aug 16, 2013
I just finished watching "How to catch a smuggler: JFK Airport" and I'm really pissed off. One of our naija brothers was detained on suspicion of importing drugs to the US because of his country of origin. The most annoying part was reading the guys text messages without his permission. After a long embarrassing interrogation he was scanned and found to be clean. The officer who did the interrogation was praying the guy would test positive to swallowing drugs (and i'm like what kind of human being would be so wicked to be praying for the downfall or misfortune of another).
The program clearly shows how innocent people are harassed cos of the colour of their passports.
Even though I know say some Naija guys dey bad I do not think its fair.
After the whole drama the naija guy now said I told you I was clean and i felt it would have been better if he said to the officer "thanks for your hospitality" or better still use Idi Amin's words to the queen "......thanks for your hostility........ I shall retaliate when you visit my country........" grin

This is a wake up call to all of us that there is no where like home.
Re: American Hospitality; JFK Airport Style by Tos87(m): 12:50am On Aug 16, 2013
Space detained!!!
Re: American Hospitality; JFK Airport Style by Nobody: 8:54am On Aug 16, 2013
I really don't get Nigerian's obsession with moving abroad. It just so sad.
Re: American Hospitality; JFK Airport Style by 25omega(m): 4:06pm On Aug 16, 2013
honey86: I really don't get Nigerian's obsession with moving abroad. It just so sad.
there was nothing written about the guy moving abroad. He seemed like your average traveler

i agree with you poster. i once traveled to Coasta Rica and i was hand frisked because i had my green pali. Mind you i had a green card too. When it came time to leave coasta rica, i was once again frisked before i got on the plane. When i got to the U.S, the immigration officer started asking questions and when i answered he looked at my green pali and ask where did you learn to speak English so properly i was like umm i went to school. and then he realized what he asked and was like oh sorry welcome back. smh

i also had an experience in Senegal of all places where as soon as the saw the green pali there were laughing like oh here comes the Nigerians we need to get more officers to check them.
Re: American Hospitality; JFK Airport Style by DisGuy: 5:20pm On Aug 16, 2013
This is a wake up call to all of us that there is no where like home.

SO we should not travel again because we are being profiled...what do you think arabs go through?

come to think of it

some of you dont see anything wrong with calling a northerner Boko haram...

(1) (Reply)

Cheap Hotel In Surulere / [video] Customers Protest Aero Contractors Poor Services In Nigeria 29/4/2015 / Chaos In Apapa (photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.