Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,033 members, 7,818,047 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work (1759 Views)

New Lecturers Resume Work At AAUA To Replace Striking Ones / We Are Not Resuming – AAUA Lecturers To Management / ASUU: FG Releases N30bn For Lecturers' Allowances (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by Hopcy(m): 10:03am On Aug 16, 2013
An end may be in sight for the lingering
strike of the Academic Staff Union of
Universities, ASUU, as the Federal
Government is said to be offering N30
billion as earned allowances to the
striking university lecturers.
According to a top official of the Federal
Ministry of Education, due to the
dwindling revenue base of the
government, it was ready to offer N30
billion to the striking lecturers to end the
strike.
The official believes government’s
position is a sincere approach in ending
the strike amid dwindling revenue
profile occasioned by oil theft and
macro-economic measures aimed at
diversifying the economy.
All the demands of the striking lecturers
had been resolved except one, the issue
of ‘earned allowances’, which they have
put at N87 billion.
The N30 billion, which the federal
government was offering, according to
the source, was in the conviction that
considering the nation’s current revenue
base, ASUU would make some sacrifices
and go back to work in the interest of
the students and the country at large.
The source added that the government
was desirous of a holistic and
sustainable solution to the problems
bedeviling the entire education sector,
with a focus on infrastructure
development, which the federal
government had set up the Governor
Gabriel Suswam-led University Needs
Implementation Committee to handle.
The NEEDS Implementation Committee
had announced on Tuesday, that N100
billion would be made available to
universities for infrastructure
development.
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by lymelyte(m): 10:28am On Aug 16, 2013
Atleast FG don respond to thier grievances.mk ASUU collect am now b4 FG change their mind oo
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by Chimezie198(m): 10:30am On Aug 16, 2013
2nd to ............
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by AdexAbbey(m): 10:53am On Aug 16, 2013
Source pls??

1 Like

Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by bionicdude(m): 11:44am On Aug 16, 2013
d funny tin is dat ASUU won't still agree.imagine 87 billion for allowances.d gov has tried but greedy ASUU will not
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by JohnFrankling(m): 12:46pm On Aug 16, 2013
no source and you expect us to believe this with all this anonymous officials that don't have name,,make I waka pass
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by obi4eze(m): 2:02pm On Aug 16, 2013
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by Waque(m): 2:58pm On Aug 16, 2013
Jst passin ni
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by Mikebis(m): 6:52pm On Aug 16, 2013
Jst passn 2 ni,i wish its true
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by otokx(m): 7:13pm On Aug 16, 2013
Is this a joke or something?
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by ZackiGp(m): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2013
obi4eze: OP is this your source? http://alariwo.net/fg-offers-ASUU-n30bn-asks-lecturers-to-make-sacrifices-and-resume-work/
u are the op using diff usernames, sodat we can click on ur blog abi?
Old trick.
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by Nobody: 9:37pm On Aug 16, 2013
lymelyte: Atleast FG don respond to thier grievances.mk ASUU collect am now b4 FG change their mind oo

And u lost because most ASUU members' children are not here.
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by Fryohman: 10:10pm On Aug 16, 2013
Infact dis ASUU sef shuld wait til end of month,let my Oga pay my salary first, after waiting fo them to cal off I had to STRUGGLE en HUSTLE HARD fo a job..
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by lymelyte(m): 3:15pm On Aug 17, 2013
ferdimako:

And u lost because most ASUU members' children are not here.
Fyi,i nor be your mate oo.i don graduate since.i just dey pity some of una wen dem nor wan let graduate
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by Ayima: 3:31pm On Aug 17, 2013
This ASUU/Fg conundrum remains an enigma to me.This country is already grounding. The manifestations are on the streets and faces of all Nigerians. The day of reckoning is coming that's all what i can say.
Re: FG Offers ASUU N30bn, Asks Lecturers To Make Sacrifices And Resume Work by Imeyo(m): 5:29pm On Aug 17, 2013
MOD pls verify n move this to front page. FG shd step up 4rm dat 30. Wateva be d economy,if it does affect d allowances of senators then it shd nt affect lecturers'.

(1) (Reply)

Memorize The First Twenty Elements Of The Periodic Table Offhand / Change Your Name In University / Nddc 2017 Scholarship Exams

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.