Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,606 members, 7,955,236 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:10 PM

Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! (6160 Views)

Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 Discussion Thread |The Monster Among Us / FULL Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Review!!! / Samsung-Galaxy Note 3 To Be Released On September 25th (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 11:59pm On Aug 16, 2013
Samsung will be launching thier latest flagship device of the year at the Part II of the 2013 Unpacked Event. Revealing the Smart Gear (a watch runing android) on the same day,
The Star of the event will no doubt be the Samsung Galaxy Note 3. The Newest of the crop and the BEST Of Course! The Note 3 will sport a MASSIVE 5.68" FULL HD 1080p screen,Android 4.3 Jelly Bean, a 3200mAH battery and a 13MP camera (this time with Optical Image Stabilization). Also the Note 3 is expected in 2 variats initially, which are the SM-900 (Exynos 5410 + 3G/HSDPA) and the SM-9005(Snapdragon 800 + 4G LTE).
HTC is also set to release the 'HTC Max' later on to compete with the Note 3 but can it take the heat?! I doubt that! Why do I say so?!
Here are the confirmed specifications of the Galaxy Note 3... See for yourself! smiley

Galaxy Note 3 confirmed specifications so far...

-5.68" FULL HD 1080p AMOLED display
-13MP Camera (with Optical Image Stabilization)
-Android 4.3 JellyBean
-16/32/64GB Internal storage with microSD slot (up to 64GB)
-3200 mAh Battery

SM-N900 - Samsung Galaxy Note III 3G/HSPA
-CPU: Samsung Exynos 5420 (Octa-Core) (Quad 1.8GHz A15 CPU + Quad 1.3GHz A7 CPU)
-GPU: ARM Mali-T628 MP6
-RAM: 3GB LPDDR3 (Channel A+B - 12.8Gbit+12.8Gbit)

SM-N9005 - Samsung Galaxy Note III 4G LTE
-CPU: Qualcomm Snapdragon 800 (MSM8974)
-GPU: Adreno 330
-RAM: 3GB LPDDR3 (Channel A+B - 12.8Gbit+12.8Gbit)

My insider at Samsung confirms that the Galaxy Note 3 will have same dimensions as the Note 2 in terms of size while having a larger display. (Just like S3 to S4)

Expecting also SM-9002 with both Octa-Core Exynos Processor and LTE support also, Dual-Sim (EXCLUSIVE to China Only)
And SM-9006 with Snapdragon 800 and LTE-A support.

(Launch Date: September 4th, 2013)

ARE YOU READY FOR THE NEXT GALAXY?!
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by puskin: 12:14am On Aug 17, 2013
These phone manufacturers won't kill me.

I'm selling all my smart-phones and going to buy Nokia torchlight phone.....so I can have peace.

Wetin sef?? undecided undecided

11 Likes

Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 12:19am On Aug 17, 2013
puskin: These phone manufacturers won't kill me.

I'm selling all my smart-phones and going to buy Nokia torchlight phone.....so I can have peace.

Lol! That is one way to handle the issue! cheesy
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by timpaker(m): 12:38am On Aug 17, 2013
First, I sold my Nokia E7 to get the SGS3, secondly, I exchanged my Samsung galaxy S3 for S4 and now the Note 3 is set to be released soon undecided undecided
I ain't buying anyone again joor. Who am I impressing?

2 Likes

Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 1:46am On Aug 17, 2013
timpaker: First, I sold my Nokia E7 to get the SGS3, secondly, I exchanged my Samsung galaxy S3 for S4 and now the Note 3 is set to be released soon undecided undecided
I ain't buying anyone again joor. Who am I impressing?

You buy phones to impress people? I'm a Geek, I buy to feel the power. For myself.

1 Like

Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by caukerzee(m): 2:13am On Aug 17, 2013
3GB RAM? OMG....This will certainly be the best out there when it is released. The note series is defo best line of phones. I fear it will affect the sales of the iphone 5s. I'm glad I did not get the S4. It was worth the wait. See you in december note III grin grin grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by timpaker(m): 5:44am On Aug 17, 2013
Stanley08:

You buy phones to impress people? I'm a Geek, I buy to feel the power. For myself.

Same with me too. I Buy to enjoy the latest technology. I asked that question cuz of the rate at which they dish out phones (especially this year)
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Youngpo413: 6:02am On Aug 17, 2013
Note II price go drop sharp sharp.
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by networkgenuis: 7:42am On Aug 17, 2013
caukerzee: 3GB RAM? OMG....This will certainly be the best out there when it is released. The note series is defo best line of phones. I fear it will affect the sales of the iphone 5s. I'm glad I did not get the S4. It was worth the wait. See you in december note III grin grin grin grin grin
diehard iSheeps will always get stuck with it no matter what.
See specs! This should be the most powerful "smartphone" in the world when released, I'm already drooling o kiss
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by caukerzee(m): 8:31am On Aug 17, 2013
Young po413: Note II price go drop sharp sharp.
Its 71K ATM sha.
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by caukerzee(m): 8:33am On Aug 17, 2013
networkgenuis:
See specs! This should be the most powerful "smartphone" in the world when released, I'm already drooling o kiss
True that though.
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Nobody: 9:13am On Aug 17, 2013

Muse was right: an economy based on endless growth is unsustainable.
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by W3xy1(m): 10:29am On Aug 17, 2013
booked
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Damola12: 11:23am On Aug 17, 2013
caukerzee: Its 71K ATM sha.

71k for where oga
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 11:38am On Aug 17, 2013
caukerzee: 3GB RAM? OMG....This will certainly be the best out there when it is released. The note series is defo best line of phones. I fear it will affect the sales of the iphone 5s. I'm glad I did not get the S4. It was worth the wait. See you in december note III grin grin grin grin grin

- Yes, the 3GB LPDDR3 RAM is certainly a powerful one, samsung has been working on it since after releasing the S4 and it is said that this hardware should deliver PC-like performance.
- Actually, the Note series always come after the S-series, in terms of release date of course, so are usually a tad better. However, the S-series are more accepted. Take for example the S3 has sold 60million+ units (20 million in 100 days) and judging by the last time i saw Note II's numbers, it should just be hitting around 10 million by now, maybe a little over. And Now, the S4 had sold over 20 million (month ending June, setting it at around 20 million in 50 to 60 days). I don't think the Note 3 will topple that however, it is definitely a more powerful device. smiley

timpaker:

Same with me too. I Buy to enjoy the latest technology. I asked that question cuz of the rate at which they dish out phones (especially this year)

It has become tradition for Samsung to release an S-series and a Note-series phone for some time now, so this is not a surprise mate. We were expecting the Note 2 this time last year also. S2 and Note (2011), S3 and Note 2 (2012), S4 and Note 3 (2014). And don't ask me if there will be S5 and Note 4. Because i don't know. tongue

networkgenuis:

Lol. Look at the numbers I mentioned earlier in this post. Apple will be looking to release the iPhone 5C and the iPhone 5S later this year i think! But they can only 'DREAM' to see the numbers that Samsung has seen and will see. Cheers! cheesy
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by caukerzee(m): 12:25pm On Aug 17, 2013
Damola12:

71k for where oga
Jumia.
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by lawrence7: 1:05pm On Aug 17, 2013
Who go by used note 2 o. Time to upgrade. Techno users go dey make noise over 512MB ram.
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by hardniola(m): 3:34pm On Aug 17, 2013
anyway dis fone is not made for poor/middle class,so buy if u gat d money......hope d prize will not tear pocket wit dis Spec.
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 7:14pm On Aug 17, 2013
lawrence7: Who go by used note 2 o. Time to upgrade. Techno users go dey make noise over 512MB ram.

Lol! Mate! Sometimes those guys annoy me! Comparing Techno Phantom to Galaxy S4. I hear this thing i wan laugh tire.

hardniola: anyway dis fone is not made for poor/middle class,so buy if u gat d money......hope d prize will not tear pocket wit dis Spec.

Actually, Samsung Nigeria has like the LOWEST prices in the world! When i bought my S4, it was like the Best Deal around. I payed 108K, and I got a FREE Flip Cover (worth like 7K5), also 2 years Accidental Damage From Handling Warranty (FREE Screen and/or Motherboard replacement TWICE!) meaning that if the screen breaks or phone goes into water and the motherboard is damaged, Samsung will replace it for FREE. Two times! And this is not a lie, because my friend's S4 screen got broken and Samsung replaced it under 11 days. Which is quite impressive. And of course i got the regular 2 years warranty incase of any faults.
While other countried where selling like 115 to 125 after conversion. Bottomline, expect good price from Samsung Nigeria, but yes, i guess paying 100K+ for a phone is still ALOT!
Expected price however 110 to 120K. cheesy

1 Like

Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by mcgboye(m): 12:02am On Aug 18, 2013
Apart from all these improvement in specs over the Note 2, which are massive, what innovation does this new device being? You know, something (a feature) not in the Note 2. Someone who might be interested wants to know.

1 Like

Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 3:03pm On Aug 18, 2013
mcgboye: Apart from all these improvement in specs over the Note 2, which are massive, what innovation does this new device being? You know, something (a feature) not in the Note 2. Someone who might be interested wants to know.

The phone will be Launched on the 4th of September, and that is where samsung will unveil all the goodies they have for us! Just like they did in the Part 1 of the Unpacked Event. So until then, no one can really tell. However, they have more screen to work with, so it's exciting to know what they will bring, till then.. Fingers crossed!

If you missed the Part 1 of the 2013 Unpacked event where S4 was born, watch it here -
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6GRFKWGn1k It's about 50mins. Cheers! cheesy
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 9:59am On Aug 19, 2013
Samsung has dropped the 16GB variant of the Note 3 and the Note 3 will ship with only 32 and 64GB models! That is good news! smiley As the 16GB Exynos S4 actually has only 8.90GB available storage and 9.23GB on the I9505.
Also, the Note III is expected to go on sale by the 4th week of September! smiley

More Info here - http://www.sammobile.com/2013/08/19/samsung-to-ship-galaxy-note-iii-from-september-galaxy-gear-smartwatch-from-october/
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Nobody: 12:20pm On Aug 19, 2013
5.68 inches

That's a phat screen cool

The bigger the better.

3GB of ram. This is going to be a powerful phone cool cool

#teamsamsung
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 12:22pm On Aug 19, 2013
adaobi123: 5.68 inches

That's a phat screen cool

The bigger the better.

3GB of ram. This is going to be a powerful phone cool cool

#teamsamsung

The bigger the better! Yeah! And i'm sure many ladies will agree with you too! tongue

Anyways, the Note 3 will be amazing! Dat is for sure! How amazing? We only have to wait to find out. cheesy
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Nobody: 12:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
Stanley08:

The bigger the better! Yeah! And i'm sure many ladies will agree with you too! tongue

Anyways, the Note 3 will be amazing! Dat is for sure! How amazing? We only have to wait to find out. cheesy

Of course most ladies will agree tongue

Say no to china phones and yes to Samsung
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 12:33pm On Aug 19, 2013
adaobi123:

Of course most ladies will agree tongue

Say no to china phones and yes to Samsung

Amen to dat! cheesy

And btw, BBM is coming to Samsung phones in Africa, expected later this month. I'm making a new thread on that now. smiley
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Nobody: 12:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
Stanley08:

Amen to dat! cheesy

And btw, BBM is coming to Samsung phones in Africa, expected later this month. I'm making a new thread on that now. smiley

There's a thread already.....
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 12:49pm On Aug 19, 2013
adaobi123:

There's a thread already.....

I thought as much! But however i had already created one - https://www.nairaland.com/1403194/confirmed-blackberry-messenger-coming-samsung
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Prince4God(m): 1:34pm On Aug 19, 2013
puskin: These phone manufacturers won't kill me.

I think this is the best comment on this thread. Laugh wants to kill me.

2 Likes

Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 2:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
Prince4God:

I think this is the best comment on this thread. Laugh wants to kill me.

Dats about right! smiley
Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Yinkade(m): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2013
Stanley08:

Lol! Mate! Sometimes those guys annoy me! Comparing Techno Phantom to Galaxy S4. I hear this thing i wan laugh tire.

Actually, Samsung Nigeria has like the LOWEST prices in the world! When i bought my S4, it was like the Best Deal around. I payed 108K, and I got a FREE Flip Cover (worth like 7K5), also 2 years Accidental Damage From Handling Warranty (FREE Screen and/or Motherboard replacement TWICE!) meaning that if the screen breaks or phone goes into water and the motherboard is damaged, Samsung will replace it for FREE. Two times! And this is not a lie, because my friend's S4 screen got broken and Samsung replaced it under 11 days. Which is quite impressive. And of course i got the regular 2 years warranty incase of any faults.
While other countried where selling like 115 to 125 after conversion. Bottomline, expect good price from Samsung Nigeria, but yes, i guess paying 100K+ for a phone is still ALOT!
Expected price however 110 to 120K. cheesy
which Samsung store did he go to? Looking for where I can purchase that earpiece the s4/note2 came with......all the ones I saw in computer village are fake

1 Like

Re: Everything about The Almighty Samsung Galaxy Note 3! by Stanley08(m): 4:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Yinkade: which Samsung store did he go to? Looking for where I can purchase that earpiece the s4/note2 came with......all the ones I saw in computer village are fake

I can confirm for you. I'm certain it's in Lagos however...

(1) (2) (Reply)

Refurbished Vs Used Phones / Say Hello To The First Person To Use 12GB Ram Phone In Nigeria / Tecno: Something Special Coming Soon - Tecno L7!!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.