Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,525 members, 7,819,893 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:31 AM

Are Skoda Cars Reliable? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Are Skoda Cars Reliable? (3372 Views)

Advice On Skoda Octavia V6 Engine / Advise On Purchase Of Skoda Felicia 1998 Model Car For 150k / HELP! Where Can I Find A Trusted Skoda/volkswagen Mechanic? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by Danabu(m): 5:58pm On Aug 17, 2013
I have just been offered a skoda octavia at what i believe is a fair price but am not so sure as to their reliability and durability and fuel economy. Can somebody in the house help with info as to enable me decide properly? Ill be delighted to hear from the gurus in the house, thanks.
Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by tempex88(m): 7:23pm On Aug 17, 2013
1. Parts are very scarce and expensive but share most parts with volkswagen bora.
2. D fuel efficiency is superb.
3. The 2002 I used had a manual gear but changed d cluctch disk btw 2002 and 2004 despite it was bought new by a company. Don't knw if dat has to do with driving habbit.
4. D car is cool though I won't advice that u buy it cos of the spare part issue. For me its a very strong but unlucky car brand.

1 Like

Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by Danabu(m): 11:12am On Aug 18, 2013
tempex88: 1. Parts are very scarce and expensive but share most parts with volkswagen bora.
2. D fuel efficiency is superb.
3. The 2002 I used had a manual gear but changed d cluctch disk btw 2002 and 2004 despite it was bought new by a company. Don't knw if dat has to do with driving habbit.
4. D car is cool though I won't advice that u buy it cos of the spare part issue. For me its a very strong but unlucky car brand.
a milliom thanks. Still waitimg for more responses
. Most likely wont pick it if no better view comes up.thanls once again.

1 Like

Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by ZIMDRILL(m): 1:56pm On Aug 18, 2013
The most commont taxis in glasgow

The good is that they all have vw engines all you need to know is which engine from vw

1 Like

Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by Danabu(m): 11:53am On Aug 19, 2013
ZIM DRILL: The most commont taxis in glasgow

The good is that they all have vw engines all you need to know is which engine from vw
this is encouraging, thanks.i actually like the car but scared cos they arr not many around here so the parts will likely be scarce .

1 Like

Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Aug 20, 2013
Nice and tough ride with good fuel efficiency. I actually drive from Umuahia to Lagos with less than 60 litres of fuel. I used it for 5 years and just recently sold it off. Same as VW Bora/Jetta. I dont agree with the parts being expensive unless U've entered 'one chance' of those spare parts dealers. Its cheaper to maintain an Octavia than a Camry.

4 Likes

Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by Danabu(m): 5:38am On Aug 21, 2013
ofenmanu.com:
Nice and tough ride with good fuel efficiency. I actually drive from Umuahia to Lagos with less than 60 litres of fuel. I used it for 5 years and just recently sold it off. Same as VW Bora/Jetta. I dont agree with the parts being expensive unless U've entered 'one chance' of those spare parts dealers. Its cheaper to maintain an Octavia than a Camry.
nice to hear this! This is good news, thanis.
Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by Tats(m): 5:01pm On Aug 21, 2013
Skoda is owned by Volkswagen group so I would expect their cars to be of good quality (especially the more recent models).
Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by ibkadeniyi(m): 1:07pm On Sep 20, 2013
ZIM DRILL: The most commont taxis in glasgow

Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by HoddyH: 3:42pm On Jul 06, 2017
Pls I'm about to buy this car I need information on it. The owner says it's a 2008 skoda Fabia. Is he correct and is the car strong enough for this Uber /taixify business.

Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by tempex88(m): 4:24pm On Jul 06, 2017
Never never buy it
Re: Are Skoda Cars Reliable? by Nobody: 6:32pm On Jul 06, 2017
HoddyH:
Pls I'm about to buy this car I need information on it. The owner says it's a 2008 skoda Fabia. Is he correct and is the car strong enough for this Uber /taixify business.

Skoda? Lesi nje wa?

My friend, go and find an Accord/Camry to buy for a taxi business. One with 4cyl and AC.

You want to stay in business and thus want something that any Kazeem can tinker with and ease of parts.

Don't handicap yourself right from the start.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Showcasing Classic Bmws / 03-07 Honda Accord Coupe And 03-07 Toyota Solara / What Are You Scared Of When Buying A Car?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.