Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,689 members, 7,844,274 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:31 PM

What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? - Car Talk (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? (21703 Views)

How Much Mileage Is Too Much Mileage? / Buying A Used Car? Read This First To Avoid Making The Mistakes I Made / When To Change Your Car Engine Oil: The Mileage Way! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by whiteroses(f): 11:44am On Aug 28, 2013
shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
AM I DREAMING? WHY ARE YOU ALL DRIVING OLD CARS? IS THIS A TREND OR SOMETHING?
100,000 850000 650000 ETC IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?
wonders shall never end!

No wonders ppls car would blow up and summersault a lot and they would blame awon aye

1 Like

Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by guscorado: 11:48am On Aug 28, 2013
Our company Eterna PLC are licensed importers of all Castrol grades and we are glad to introduce CASTROL GTX HIGH MILEAGE

It provides superior sludge protection to extend the life of older vehicles.
Castrol GTX 20W-50 uses advanced additive package which meets the need of engines requiring SAE 20W-50 viscosity engine oil. Its liquid engineering is designed for the demands of engines produced after 1995.
Application
Castrol GTX 20W-50 is high performance multi grade engine oil developed for older engines, as well as vehicles covering longer distances. Castrol GTX High mileage is suitable for all 4-stroke petrol passenger and light commercial vehicles.
Features & Benefits
Castrol GTX 20W-50:
• Provides protection against sludge build-up.
• Protection against viscosity and thermal breakdown.
• Keeps engines cool and clean.
• Contains anti-wear additives that extend the life of your engine.
• Advanced protection against higher temperatures deposits.
• Premium quality base oils and anti-wear additives that extend the life of your engine.
• Compatible with catalytic converters and oxygen sensors.
• Helps minimize oil consumption.
Specifications
• SAE 20W-50
• API SL/CF

Contact Godson on 08034820992 or godson.onyekperem@eternaplc.com for your enquiries

Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by Esanyonmi(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
1989 toyota camry with 293339 km as at this morning it was bought 2002 at 90512km so that's a good car and still going Strong . Major works done are radiator change. Spark plugs have never been changed, engine never touched but power steering oil keeps leaking so I top it eVery other day. STRONG CAR
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
[color=#000099][/color]

Mine is equally 1989 Toyota Camry with 67,000 km when bought almost 3 years ago,and 172,749 km as at this moment ....very strong and good ...it has a power steering oil leakage since last year but 4months ago I met my mechanic and has fix it ,now the oil is still at the top and I don't use to refill every week as I always did before. The only problem I have now is some strange noise from the steering while turning on the local street but perfect and noiseless on main and express roads...have not work on d engine before but have worked on the AC
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by Onix01: 12:57pm On Aug 28, 2013
We import high graded cars @ affordable cost as well as a guranteed mileage. We give a copy of the car title to buyers showing the original mileage and state of car before purchase in the state. We currently have the following cars with impecabble mileage and quality as follows:
T.Camry 2010: 28,700 Miles
T.Corolla 2004: 48,072 Miles
T.Camry 2007: 87, 980 Miles
H.Accord 2002: 148, 200 Miles.

However, you can't blame most dealers as the low-mileage cars are very expensive both @ d auction and Car marts in d States. For future car buyers always take your time to evaluate and analyse cars before buying them. You can give us a call @ 08121389394 for car consulting services and investment.
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by Nobody: 1:48pm On Aug 28, 2013
whiteroses: shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
AM I DREAMING? WHY ARE YOU ALL DRIVING OLD CARS? IS THIS A TREND OR SOMETHING?
100,000 850000 650000 ETC IS THAT EVEN LEGAL?
wonders shall never end!

No wonders ppls car would blow up and summersault a lot and they would blame awon aye

Lol, Whiteroses. Is your post based upon fact, mere opinion or are you speaking from a technical viewpoint?
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by Nobody: 1:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
sanb: Wow!!! those mileage are very high...and you must be a very good driver who knows how to look after their cars....

I do treat my cars good. So far, it's working for me. smiley
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by Nobody: 1:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
REALITY101:

shocked 704,000 miles? No offense that piece of whatever is not suppose to be on the road not even in a junkyard.

And this piece of junk, as you call it will probably be around, long after you're filling a hole in the ground. cool

3 Likes

Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 28, 2013
chaircover:

wow wow wow . . .amazing

That is great. Have you considered an entry in the Guinness book of records.

Not at all, sis. There are vehicles out there with over a million miles on the odometer, so mine was small fry. smiley
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by Godson201333(m): 3:04pm On Aug 28, 2013
My car got 820,763 Miles and it still runs good.
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by whiteroses(f): 5:54pm On Aug 28, 2013
Siena:

Lol, Whiteroses. Is your post based upon fact, mere opinion or are you speaking from a technical viewpoint?

everything oga

Godson201333: My car got 820,763 Miles and it still runs good.

Is this thread a joke or something
Egbami oluwa! whats left in a 820,763 car? :s
I know you cant compare UK to Naij but the difference shouldn't be this much. If a car is going over 60,000 in UK no one will even look twice if its more than 100,000 clearly that's up for scrapping.
I'm not trying to be funny cos this aint funny arrol cool
No wonder many cars in my eighbourhood in Naij used to sound like giant tin milk Gbaran-Gbaran-Gbaran-Gbaran now the mystery is unravelled grin. Nigeria needs to start manufacturing too and give our people more new cars cool
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by eagleeye2: 3:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
JaaizTech:
What parts have you changed? Ever changed the transmission?
No. The only thing I have changed is the bearing.
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by eagleeye2: 3:59pm On Aug 29, 2013
okpara ugo:

This is my desire; to drive my cars to this high mileage figures.. There is no gain wasting resources buying new cars due to poor maintenance of old ones...

I know i will achieve this with my Sienna '98..
Sorry to ask, but are into transportation business? cos I got a 98 model sienna also, but it is for transport biz. The car is rugged, but my driver does not know how to handle the car.
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by Gee2728(m): 10:57pm On Aug 29, 2013
Its a good car, its bcome a transport favourite for pple traveling from kaduna to maiduguri. But have also seen a lot of accidented one's along the road due to speed and overloading.
eagle,eye:

Sorry to ask, but are into transportation business? cos I got a 98 model sienna also, but it is for transport biz. The car is rugged, but my driver does not know how to handle the car.
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by kingschild123(m): 12:46am On Aug 30, 2013
7660 miles
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by JaaizTech: 5:02pm On Aug 30, 2013
Alenkakent: What is miliage and how do ♠ check it...does its value cause any problem to my car?
It is the readings on your odometer. You know, those numbers displaying on your dashboard usually under or close to the speedometer.It shows the total distance your car has ever travelled.
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by peterjero(m): 2:06pm On Sep 07, 2013
banky222: pardon please you mean 1998?
No 1989 modei GLI
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by peterjero(m): 9:53am On Sep 16, 2013
Esanyonmi: 1989 toyota camry with 293339 km as at this morning it was bought 2002 at 90512km so that's a good car and still going Strong . Major works done are radiator change. Spark plugs have never been changed, engine never touched but power steering oil keeps leaking so I top it eVery other day. STRONG CAR
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
[color=#000099][/color]

Mine is equally 1989 Toyota Camry with 67,000 km when bought almost 3 years ago,and 172,749 km as at this moment ....very strong and good ...it has a power steering oil leakage since last year but 4months ago I met my mechanic and has fix it ,now the oil is still at the top and I don't use to refill every week as I always did before. The only problem I have now is some strange noise from the steering while turning on the local street but perfect and noiseless on main and express roads...have not work on d engine before but have worked on the AC
You bought it at 172,749km how come its 67000km or does ur car count backWards or what? As for the steering its typical for the car because of the age.
Re: What does the Mileage On Your Car Read.??? by luluspin(m): 5:01pm On Sep 22, 2013
Esanyonmi: 1989 toyota camry with 293339 km as at this morning it was bought 2002 at 90512km so that's a good car and still going Strong . Major works done are radiator change. Spark plugs have never been changed, engine never touched but power steering oil keeps leaking so I top it eVery other day. STRONG CAR
(Quote) (Report) (Like)
[color=#000099][/color]

What solved the power steering issue? Mine leaks every week, av change the hoase twice dis month, the hoase keeps breaking

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

One Quarter Of Cars In Nigeria Are In Lagos- FRSC / Brake Failure: These Are What To Do When You Have One / Peace Mass Transit Set Up A Vehicle Assembly Plant In Emene, Enugu

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.