Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,264 members, 7,811,738 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 06:32 PM

Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference (8273 Views)

TSA: We Could’ve Sacked Bank Ceos, Says CBN / Nigeria’s Highest Paid CEOs / Faces At Jarushub Career Conference (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 6:32pm On Aug 18, 2013
Mr. Niyi Yusuf, Chief Executive Officer of Accenture Nigeria; Mr. Olufemi Awoyemi, Chief Executive Officer, Proshare Nigeria Limited; and Mr. Simon Kolawole, former Editor of ThisDay newspaper, are some of the speakers as Jarushub.com, an online platform with focus on career and mentorship , gathers Nigerian youths for a one day conference on career and mentorship. Other speakers include Mr. Akeem Oyewale, Head, Global Markets Sales at StanbicIBTC Group and Mr. Obafemi Bamidele, an investment analyst.

DATE: Saturday, September 21, 2013

TIME: 9am – 3pm

VENUE: Elizabeth Hall, Citilodge Hotel, 1 Goshen Estate, Marwa Bus-Stop (after 2nd Roundabout, coming from VI), Opposite Ecobank (formerly Oceanic Bank), Lekki Expressway, Lekki, Lagos

TOPICS

1, Academic & Professional Qualifications: Balancing the Mix

2, Standing out in Nigeria’s Competitive Job Market

3, Mentor: Why you need one

4, Climbing the Career Ladder in Corporate Nigeria

5, My First Job. My Next Job. What do I Need to Know?

6, Straight from the Heart Tips to Young Nigerians

Registration is free. See registration procedure in the link below

http://www.jarushub.com/jarushub-career-mentorship-class-on-september-21/

THISDAY: http://www.thisdaylive.com/articles/accenture-kolawole-others-to-speak-at-youth-conference/157028/

7 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by maclatunji: 7:24pm On Aug 18, 2013
Nice!

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Afam4eva(m): 8:25pm On Aug 18, 2013
Oga patapata ni bobo yi sha...Nice one
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 9:23pm On Aug 18, 2013
Afam4eva: Oga patapata ni bobo yi sha...Nice one

***networking skills***
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by DisGuy: 12:05am On Aug 19, 2013
Nice one

No speaker from recruiting or HR dept?

and I've notice women are not part of your networks/blog,
not a single female interview or even a member of the eggheads

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 19, 2013
Dis Guy: Nice one

No speaker from recruiting or HR dept?

and I've notice women are not part of your networks/blog,
not a single female interview or even a member of the eggheads
Noted with thanks.

Women are somehow more difficult to get buy into things like these. I approached the CEOs of 2 banks (both women) for an interview, but one politely declined 'at this time' through her bank's corporate communications department, the other said she would get her bank's social media team to contact me, never heard back.

Most of these guys are people I have developed personal relationship with over time (chatting with Simon as I type this) so it is easier to get them into things like this. Women don't appear easy to convince. But will give it further push.

3 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by sholay2011(m): 9:07am On Aug 19, 2013
Thumbs up Mr Jarus. You are an inspiration to ppl like me.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by lockedOut: 9:56am On Aug 19, 2013
subscribed...nice one jarus thumbs up....how I hope this can get more popularity so that teeming unemployed graduates can tap into and learn from this. Kudos once again Jarus!
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 19, 2013
Nice, Jarus.

I will register once I'm sure that day'll be free for me.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by iamswizz(m): 3:13pm On Aug 19, 2013
nice undecided
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Temismith(f): 3:15pm On Aug 19, 2013
Hmm
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Iaz93: 3:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nice! cool
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by CrazyMan(m): 3:28pm On Aug 19, 2013
Good Initiative.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by charleff512(m): 3:36pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nice onesmiley
more of this should be encouraged
i will really appreciate if this is not another talkshop
Let them give us practical insights on how we can set up and manage small businesses in order to contribute to the economic growth of our country.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by yuzedo: 3:45pm On Aug 19, 2013
VENUE: Elizabeth Hall, Citilodge Hotel, 1 Goshen Estate, Marwa Bus-Stop (after 2nd Roundabout, coming from VI), Opposite Ecobank (formerly Oceanic Bank), Lekki Expressway, Lekki, Lagos
Bros, see address na? Dis address na die! Imagine say you get only N6.20 for phone and you wan describe the venue give person.. No be F9 be dat? grin grin

I believe you bros, i respect the Jarus brand.... Endorsed by Yuzedo. One love! wink

5 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 3:51pm On Aug 19, 2013
Empty headed CEOs. What do they know? Only how to loot the companies they head. Cecelia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola and their likes. angry
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by tomzman: 3:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
Kudos to you Jarus, this is good. But hope its not gonna just be another 'theory talk show' like most seminars I've attended?
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 3:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
charleff512: Nice onesmiley
more of this should be encouraged
i will really appreciate if this is not another talkshop
Let them give us practical insights on how we can set up and manage small businesses in order to contribute to the economic growth of our country.

I dey laff grin

They ain't gonna give you any practical shyt. They are going to read out materials they downloaded from the web. You are better off sitting and home and watching Premier League.

2 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 4:04pm On Aug 19, 2013
yuzedo:
Bros, see address na? Dis address na die! Imagine say you get only N6.20 for phone and you wan describe the venue give person.. No be F9 be dat? grin grin

I believe you bros, i respect the Jarus brand.... Endorsed by Yuzedo. One love! wink
_

I thought I was the only thing that notice. You are gud bro. Tenk. sadsadsad

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by PENMIGHT(m): 4:14pm On Aug 19, 2013
BaarakaAllahu fih.

2 Likes

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by enyice(m): 4:25pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

I dey laff grin

They ain't gonna give you any practical shyt. They are going to read out materials they downloaded from the web. You are better off sitting and home and watching Premier League.

I sincerely get irritated by your kind of person... You and your ilks are the reason this nation has remained this way.

@jarus, thumbs up bro.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 4:38pm On Aug 19, 2013
Boring
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 4:52pm On Aug 19, 2013
enyice:

I sincerely get irritated by your kind of person... You and your ilks are the reason this nation has remained this way.

@jarus, thumbs up bro.

That is your own bowl of eba. tongue

Just so you know, Cecelia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola were patrons of the famous Lagos Business School. tongue

And how does an insignificant person called pdude make the Nigerian economy remain stagnant? Kindly explain undecided

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 4:53pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nice one.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by alaoeri: 4:54pm On Aug 19, 2013
Nice one Jarus more energy to your elbow.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by OkikiOluwa1(m): 5:02pm On Aug 19, 2013
Good, Mr Jarus.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 5:03pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude: Empty headed CEOs. What do they know? Only how to loot the companies they head. Cecelia Ibru and Erastus Akingbola and their likes. angry

Fallacy of hasty generation. Untypical example.
tomzman: Kudos to you Jarus, this is good. But hope its not gonna just be another 'theory talk show' like most seminars I've attended?
Thank God I'm not charging anything for attendance. So participation is absolutely voluntary. In fact, I have spaces for 70 people, and will stop accepting requests when I have 80 applications. I have more than 30 already.

But FYI, these guys are not just anybody. You can't be a dumbhead and be the CEO of Accenture. Accenture, unlike your Oceanic, is not a Nigerian-founded entity. Personally, I owe my modest career attainment to 2 of the guys up there. Mr. Yusuf, then a partner, now CEO at Accenture, gave me what I considered the best career advice I ever got in my final year in the university, and riding on that, I have never got turned down after an interview in my 6 years career.

And like I mentioned earlier, participation is voluntary.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 5:07pm On Aug 19, 2013
yuzedo:
Bros, see address na? Dis address na die! [b]Imagine say you get only N6.20 for phone and you wan describe the venue give person.. No be F9 be dat? grin grin

I believe you bros, i respect the Jarus brand.... Endorsed by Yuzedo. One love! wink[/b]
This got me rotflmao. grin cheesy grin

Simply
Citilodge Hotel
1, Goshen Estate
Lekki, Lagos
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by BedLam: 5:08pm On Aug 19, 2013
@Jarus what about people that didn't go to school? Don't you think we have already pump too much hot air in this '' education '' balloon?
Must one be a graduate before he/she can be career oriented? What do graduates do by the way? They work for people.
What people that are starting up something?
Or don't you organise conference for such people?

My POV.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by Nobody: 5:10pm On Aug 19, 2013
BedLam: @Jarus what about people that didn't go to school? Don't you think we have already pump too much hot air in this '' education '' balloon?
Must one be a graduate before he/she can be career oriented? What do graduates do by the way? They work for people.
What people that are starting up something?
Or don't you organise conference for such people?

My POV.
This is the first edition, you know.
Noted all the same.
Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by chyseth(m): 5:16pm On Aug 19, 2013
please kindly organize for some of us in Abuja maybe anytime next year. i appreciate you greatly. if an average Nigerian that have succeeded will follow this path of mentorship, surely Nigeria will be a great place. You may wish to contact Fela Durotoye, Kunle Soriyon and Praise Fowowe. I know these guys are always willing to engage on such mentorship programmes to help build the Nigerian Youth.

I think you might know them, so i might not need to describe them further unless you will require that.

Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Top Nigerian Ceos Speak At Jarushub's Career Conference by nahinbdis: 5:17pm On Aug 19, 2013
pDude:

I dey laff grin

And only ignorance and poverty can make a fully grown adult respond like this. Yours is a worse form of ignorance because you are ignorant of the fact of your ignorance. And this is what has brought you to this poor state. Not particularly as to financial poverty, but this degrading and enslaving poverty that is mental.

In a function like this, you will not take everything away. You will most likely not take a job away or get a job within the next few months because of what you learnt. But what about that tiny spark that will set your imagination aflame? What about the added information that will boost your knowledge base of the world around you? what about that slightest offchance that you will learn something useful?

Watch EPL if you choose ... and watch the reruns too... burn 4hrs daily on the things that add but little to you, but don't forget that you will someday grow old! Learn from the fathers that live on monthly checks from their children.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

A Day In The Life Of A Tech Intern: What To Expect / 3 Times You Have Our Go-ahead To Take A Break From Work / Office Romance: Would you date your colleague?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.